NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

-2535ac8789d1b499.jpg

View media item 798596

Eagles still trying to trade Evan Mathis

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/03/eagles_still_trying_to_trade_evan_mathis.html

I told ya Chip isn't a racist :lol:

I guess his age plays a factor but he was pretty solid from what I saw although he missed a few games last season.

If I'm a contending team I'd definitely take a flyer on him if the asking price isn't too high.

dolphins, do the right thing and trade dion Jordan to the eagles.. weren't they interested?

Yeah, then last week they denied the report so who knows. Would be a nice edition next to Albert and Pouncey.

I'd take a flyer on Dion for Mathis, Mathis is still good but he's gone next year anyway and wants a new contract

as soon as dude made all pro he has wanted a new deal, last two offseasons its been the same stuff..

I'd happily take a flyer on dion Jordan.. let him play OLB in a 3-4 and see what he can do

I try not to watch too many dolphins games, but know they run a 4-3.. so no clue if they give him snaps at DE or the SAM spot

re: Sharper and New Orleans:

Sharper will be sentenced 20 years, but will serve 50% minus the year he has been in custody. Ends up being about 9 years in federal prison

— Stephen Ceasar (@sjceasar) March 23, 2015

Also:

There is one case left where news hasn't leaked—the federal drug case against Sharper—and perhaps federal prosecutors have saved some last-minute fire for the former football player. But so far it's a pretty bleak pattern, and going off what we know, it looks like it will be nine years, at most, in federal prison for Sharper.

Adam Beasley, "beat" writer for the Dolphins has had an interesting day. :lol:

Tried to give credit to a fellow reporter by posting a link to one of his articles. Instead, said link was to a casting couch audition.

No word if she got the job or not.

:rofl: :rofl:

Regarding Darren Sharper:

Ron Rosenbaum, a Yale graduate, novelist and American literary journalist who apparently...

Wrote an article in 1971 for Esquire, "Secrets of the Little Blue Box" (later reprinted in The Secret Parts of Fortune), which inspired Apple Computer icon Steve Jobs to explore computers. The article received new attention in the wake of Jobs' passing.[3]

... said this about Sharper on KFAN Sports Radio Minneapolis/St. Paul - 100.3 moments ago:

"Nine women in four states. The whole thing took place in a six-month span. California, Arizona, Louisiana and Nevada.

The New Orleans Tribune story might not be accurate (The reports earlier in the day suggested he wouldn't serve more than nine years total. Now, the New Orleans Times-Tribute is reporting the plea bargain there means he will spend 20 years in prison, not nine).

The New Orleans case will be in federal court -- it may also be in state court -- but conspiracy to distribute controlled substance.

He wants it to become a federal case because serving times in federal prison is one thousand times easier than being a rapist in any of these states in these state-prison systems.

So he pleaded today in Los Angeles, and he also plead by phone in Arizona -- both of these were in state court. The idea was these would be a global settlement. I don't know why they would include a global settlement that wouldn't include New Orleans. The agreement was that he would only do half of this, which is why he would only do 9 years. I would be surprised if he was looking at 20 years in New Orleans. He plead 'no contest' in LA. I'm guessing that he's looking at nine years total, and I think a lot of people will be disappointed and shocked -- considering he was facing life in Louisiana, maybe two of them -- and yet, the victims agreed to this.

Contrary to what both people think, plea bargains are not put together for the benefit of the defendant. They may be put together for the benefit of the defendant and the state, but it may have well have been that the proof was not all that good.

All of these people were all drugged, and it's not clear how good of witnesses they all would have made, since they all don't know what happened. There would be a combination of some proof problems.

It's a hell of a deal for Sharper, there's no doubt about that.

I'm guessing we'll get some answers to questions from the prosecutors. They'll have to answer why a guy like Darren Sharper got what really looks like a sweet deal. The only thing I can assume is that the victims did not want to go through with the trial, there were proof problems and this was the best deal for everybody even though that it looks like a pretty bad deal for the public."

Regarding Darren Sharper:

Ron Rosenbaum, a Yale graduate, novelist and American literary journalist who apparently...

Wrote an article in 1971 for Esquire, "Secrets of the Little Blue Box" (later reprinted in The Secret Parts of Fortune), which inspired Apple Computer icon Steve Jobs to explore computers. The article received new attention in the wake of Jobs' passing.[3]

... said this about Sharper on KFAN Sports Radio Minneapolis/St. Paul - 100.3 moments ago:

"Nine women in four states. The whole thing took place in a six-month span. California, Arizona, Louisiana and Nevada.

The New Orleans Tribune story might not be accurate (The reports earlier in the day suggested he wouldn't serve more than nine years total. Now, the New Orleans Times-Tribute is reporting the plea bargain there means he will spend 20 years in prison, not nine).

The New Orleans case will be in federal court -- it may also be in state court -- but conspiracy to distribute controlled substance.

He wants it to become a federal case because serving times in federal prison is one thousand times easier than being a rapist in any of these states in these state-prison systems.

So he pleaded today in Los Angeles, and he also plead by phone in Arizona -- both of these were in state court. The idea was these would be a global settlement. I don't know why they would include a global settlement that wouldn't include New Orleans. The agreement was that he would only do half of this, which is why he would only do 9 years. I would be surprised if he was looking at 20 years in New Orleans. He plead 'no contest' in LA. I'm guessing that he's looking at nine years total, and I think a lot of people will be disappointed and shocked -- considering he was facing life in Louisiana, maybe two of them -- and yet, the victims agreed to this.

Contrary to what both people think, plea bargains are not put together for the benefit of the defendant. They may be put together for the benefit of the defendant and the state, but it may have well have been that the proof was not all that good.

All of these people were all drugged, and it's not clear how good of witnesses they all would have made, since they all don't know what happened. There would be a combination of some proof problems.

It's a hell of a deal for Sharper, there's no doubt about that.

I'm guessing we'll get some answers to questions from the prosecutors. They'll have to answer why a guy like Darren Sharper got what really looks like a sweet deal. The only thing I can assume is that the victims did not want to go through with the trial, there were proof problems and this was the best deal for everybody even though that it looks like a pretty bad deal for the public."
What. The. ****.
mean.gif
Unreal.

So you're telling me TMZ had it right all along and dude is getting all this **** wrapped up nicely for him in a cute bow?

It's amazing what money can do for ****** in regards to the justice system. All that "eh, the proof isn't that strong" **** wouldn't fly for a regular joe in the same situation.

I'll sadly eat crow on this one...straight from TMZ's website...
Darren Sharper will be sentenced to 20 years in Louisiana for raping 3 women, but he will only serve 9 of those years behind bars ... TMZ Sports has learned. 

Media reports saying Sharper will serve 20 years for the Louisiana rapes are incorrect.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Louisiana prosecutors have agreed in the plea deal, after serving 9 years Sharper will get credit for the remaining 11 while free on parole and probation.  

We're told the Louisiana sentence will be served concurrently with sentences in California, Nevada and Arizona. All 4 states require Sharper behind bars for 9 years or less, so 9 is the operative number.

Short story ... Darren Sharper will be a free man in 2024. 
mean.gif

And what the hell is this about a fed drug case being kept on the low? The **** was this ***** doing out here man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom