NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're old news as usual :lol: ... if he wanted him that bad we would've took him. Chip wants headlines as well.

Tebow still 6'3 250 lbs?

And Jerry can get his side show on the cheap once the Browns cut him.. Seems like we've been down this road before:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10623482/brandon-weeden-agrees-join-dallas-cowboys

EDIT:
Also you might not remember the draft to well, but Cleveland had to trade up with someone to pick manziel

Last edited:

@FieldYates: Source: JJ Watt has restructured his contract. Turned $10M roster bonus into a signing bonus. Creates $8M in cap space for HOU for 2015.
good guy Watt
pimp.gif
wouldn't he get the same 10 mill earlier as a signing bonus rather than it being a roster bonus. 

smart guy Watt 

You're old news as usual :lol: ... if he wanted him that bad we would've took him. Chip wants headlines as well.

EDIT:
Also you might not remember the draft to well, but Cleveland had to trade up with someone to pick manziel

Umm clearly you don't remember the draft well at all, the Cowboys picked at #16, Manziel didn't get picked until #22. So like I said, if Jerry really wanted him then he would've over ruled Stephen and took Johnny.

Try again fam.

You wake up with the Star in your mouth every morning or nah?

You're old news as usual
laugh.gif
... if he wanted him that bad we would've took him. Chip wants headlines as well.

EDIT:
Umm clearly you don't remember the draft well at all, the Cowboys picked at #16, Manziel didn't get picked until #22. So like I said, if Jerry really wanted him then he would've over ruled Stephen and took Johnny.

Try again fam.

"Cleveland gave up the No. 26 overall selection and a third-round pick at No. 83 for Philadelphia's slot at No. 22 -- and the right to grab the Texas A&M quarterback who NFL Films guru Greg Cosell praised as an "obvious playmaker.""

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...eland-browns-draft-johnny-manziel-after-trade

Last edited:
Watt didn't do anything but change the wording behind the 10 million he's still going to receive :lol:

Nice gesture of course. But it's not like he gave back money :lol:

EDIT:

Try again fam.

"Cleveland gave up the No. 26 overall selection and a third-round pick at No. 83 for Philadelphia's slot at No. 22 -- and the right to grab the Texas A&M quarterback who NFL Films guru Greg Cosell praised as an "obvious playmaker.""

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...eland-browns-draft-johnny-manziel-after-trade

View media item 858393

As you told me before, Chip wasn't the decision maker at the time :lol: .. isn't that your go to excuse when we talk about last season moves?

C'mon son, you got us in here clogging up the thread with irrelevant/pointless information. I just wanted to point out, once again, that the Cowboys stay in your mouth like toothpaste & on your mind like a bad end to a relationship.

How bout we go into the NBA thread and discuss OKC? :nerd:

As you told me before, Chip wasn't the decision maker at the time
laugh.gif
.. isn't that your go to excuse when we talk about last season moves?
as I said before:
Chip wants size and speed
at best tebow will be the 3rd QB.. or a training camp body

there is a strong possibility we draft a QB and we have sanchez signed.. Bradford may or may not be traded come draft time

again as I mentioned above:
Tebow still 6'3 250 lbs?
which is 3-4 inches taller than manziel.. and about 40 lbs heavier (going by combine measurements)

Manziel, Tebow, who cares neither will make a big impact if we are being honest with ourselves

I cant see ken whisenhunt wanting mariota.. he's kinda like bill O'Brien..

they want strong armed traditional drop back passers.. hence why they say titans probably want to see what they have in mettenberger

I cant see ken whisenhunt wanting mariota.. he's kinda like bill O'Brien..

they want strong armed traditional drop back passers.. hence why they say titans probably want to see what they have in mettenberger
Yup.

Which is foolish, but Ken never knew what he was doing with the QBs in Arizona either.  If you're big and your arm is big that's all he's interested in.

Titans need to focus on many other needs before taking a QB, if they want Mariota then they need to take their chances and trade back

I think titans are going leonard Williams, if they remain at 2

just my opinion.. but they like Washington, were faking interest in mariota assuming chip would trade everything he had for him

also think Washington is going with an edge rusher if they remain at 5 (Gregory, fowler, Beasley or ray)

come draft time.. wouldn't surprise me if certain teams have petty and/or hundley rated above mariota..

if teams envision there is going to be  steep learning curve with mariota anyways, some guys may have those two rated about mariota talent wise (stuff is already coming out with this)

Last edited:
Fourth national article discussing why Carr sucks.

I want leonard williams but i would be happy if we got another QB and benched Carrbage.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...-move-on-from-derek-carr-draft-marcus-mariota

Excerpt
"A deeper dive into Carr's numbers suggest his 2014 season left a lot to be desired, however. Carr finished the season with a 38.4 Total QBR, which ranked 28th out of 33 qualified quarterbacks. His QBR didn't rank favorably among other recent rookies, either. Of the 27 rookies to qualify since 2006 -- as far back as Total QBR data goes -- Carr's QBR ranks 15th, sandwiched between EJ Manuel (38.4) and Geno Smith (35.9).

Carr's QBR suffered because of minimal gains made on his passes. He averaged a mere 5.46 yards per attempt last season, which was not only worst in the NFL last season, it was one of the worst all time.

In the history of the NFL, only three quarterbacks have thrown at least 500 passes in a season and averaged fewer than 5.50 yards per attempt: Carr, Joey Harrington and Chris Weinke. Harrington and Weinke both did so within the first two years of their careers, and neither lasted long in the NFL.

Carr's inability to hit the deep ball contributed to his low yards per attempt. Carr completed a league-worst 22.4 percent of his passes thrown at least 20 yards downfield last season, and it's not as though his receivers were to blame. The Raiders lacked big-name receivers in 2013 as well, but the team ranked 12th overall completing deep passes (38.1 percent).

He then moves on to his future projections based on previous examples. He uses those past examples to come to the conclusion that "it's unlikely he'll improve to the level of an above-average NFL starter."

His final QBR is only 9.8 points better than that of his first 15 starts (28.9).

A QBR of 50.0 is considered average, so Carr would need an improvement of nearly 12 points over his career to reach that mark. Only Matthew Stafford, who has improved by 13.4 points from his first 16 starts, has reached those levels. Stafford also had the talent level to be drafted No. 1 overall in 2009, and dealt with injuries early in his career."

View media item 1459524

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom