NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor has it that Browns and Titans gm might switch franchise's

Jets are really going hard for brees or rivers, guess I should go back to sleep thinking this might actually happen

Fourth national article discussing why Carr sucks.

I want leonard williams but i would be happy if we got another QB and benched Carrbage.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...-move-on-from-derek-carr-draft-marcus-mariota

Excerpt
"A deeper dive into Carr's numbers suggest his 2014 season left a lot to be desired, however. Carr finished the season with a 38.4 Total QBR, which ranked 28th out of 33 qualified quarterbacks. His QBR didn't rank favorably among other recent rookies, either. Of the 27 rookies to qualify since 2006 -- as far back as Total QBR data goes -- Carr's QBR ranks 15th, sandwiched between EJ Manuel (38.4) and Geno Smith (35.9).

Carr's QBR suffered because of minimal gains made on his passes. He averaged a mere 5.46 yards per attempt last season, which was not only worst in the NFL last season, it was one of the worst all time.

In the history of the NFL, only three quarterbacks have thrown at least 500 passes in a season and averaged fewer than 5.50 yards per attempt: Carr, Joey Harrington and Chris Weinke. Harrington and Weinke both did so within the first two years of their careers, and neither lasted long in the NFL.

Carr's inability to hit the deep ball contributed to his low yards per attempt. Carr completed a league-worst 22.4 percent of his passes thrown at least 20 yards downfield last season, and it's not as though his receivers were to blame. The Raiders lacked big-name receivers in 2013 as well, but the team ranked 12th overall completing deep passes (38.1 percent).

He then moves on to his future projections based on previous examples. He uses those past examples to come to the conclusion that "it's unlikely he'll improve to the level of an above-average NFL starter."

His final QBR is only 9.8 points better than that of his first 15 starts (28.9).

A QBR of 50.0 is considered average, so Carr would need an improvement of nearly 12 points over his career to reach that mark. Only Matthew Stafford, who has improved by 13.4 points from his first 16 starts, has reached those levels. Stafford also had the talent level to be drafted No. 1 overall in 2009, and dealt with injuries early in his career."

View media item 1459524

Same dope that wrote that also talked about Pryor being the answer; no?

Last edited:
pennstatebelt_medium.gif

Matt McRodgers :smokin

why would Oakland move on from a QB who actually has some talent in only his 2nd year?

Rumor has it that Browns and Titans gm might switch franchise's

Jets are really going hard for brees or rivers, guess I should go back to sleep thinking this might actually happen
The Drew Brees trade talk this offseason is futile. Saints have no incentive to move him due to cap purposes. He'll most likely get restructured, cut, or traded in 2016 though.

He's not going anywhere in 2015.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 12m12 minutes ago
Interested to learn the #Dolphins finished 2nd to the #Seahawks in the Jimmy Graham trade. MIA was aggressive in trying to upgrade at TE.

Mother **** ******* **** son of a ***** God damn ******* ****

That was the most unathletic dive I've ever seen. Dude hopped in there like Frogger.

I was watching this game live, literally thought he tore an ACL in mid air

Rob Bolden was a huge bust so we got stuck with Matt McGloin

Last edited:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 12m12 minutes ago
Interested to learn the #Dolphins finished 2nd to the #Seahawks in the Jimmy Graham trade. MIA was aggressive in trying to upgrade at TE.

Mother **** ******* **** son of a ***** God damn ******* ****

[COLOR=#red]Yep...[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom