NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P. to Sean Taylor 

gotta go watch highlights of him having T.O. head on swivel while he was going across the middle 

also the hits he laid against FSU when it was raining like ****....Taylor was killing dudes!

@1500ESPN_Reusse: Rickie Ron Yewbet, Cowboys blogger from Corbett, Texas, reporting Adrian Peterson to Dallas is a done deal.

I need this breaking on any of the other 364 days to buy in.

CAN'T BE.

Nice of Dwayne Allen to debut the Jesus suits by the way

Last edited:
More fuel to a fire I've only heard about right now:

Aj Mansour @AjKFAN 1m
Cowboys clear $12.8MM in cap space w/Romo restructure...how much does Peterson cost again? Oh yea, $12.75MM...WEIRD! bit.ly/1bPJsVB

Article:

Cowboys Expected to Restructure Romo Clearing $12.8MM in Cap Space For 2015

By: Aj Mansour | KFAN.com
@AjKFAN

It’s not completely official yet, but according to ESPN Dallas, the Cowboys and quarterback Tony Romo are on the verge of restructuring his contract, a move that would cut $12.8MM in cap space for the Cowboys in 2015.

For the second straight season, Romo is expected to accept a deal that would pay him $1MM base salary filling in the rest through bonuses. The restructure would flip $16MM of Romo’s remaining $17MM salary into a signing bonus, reducing the cap hit from an NFL-high water mark of $27.773MM to 14.973MM, clearing $12.8MM.

Does anybody know a player who is scheduled to count just under $12.8MM against the cap this season...hmmm, nobody coming to mind?!?

In reality, the move is likely not to clear space for the team to acquire Vikings running back Adrian Peterson. Some of the saved money will go directly to fulfill a one-year deal already agreed to by linebacker Rolando McClain and Greg Hardy.

But don’t lose all hope just yet. The article goes on to remind us that the Cowboys could still create cap space by reaching a long-term deal with WR Dez Bryant and making some sort of move with cornerback Brandon Carr (cutting or restructuring is expected with Carr). While the Dez deal may come down sooner, the Carr decision does not have to be made until June when the team would save $8MM in cap space by cutting him.

I wouldn’t go ahead and call it likely that the Cowboys are acting to trade for Peterson, but it is interesting to see them dealing to clear a little space and keep that glimmer of hope in the back of people’s minds.

http://www.kfan.com/onair/vikings-b...tructure-romo-clearing-13462964#ixzz3W5WlyUhn

Last edited:
we should field those jerseys for thursday games or primetime games, just make the numbers and name blue and horseshoe on the helmet blue, leave the rest white! that would be :smokin

I don't buy it at all

More fuel to a fire I've only heard about right now:

Aj Mansour @AjKFAN 1m
Cowboys clear $12.8MM in cap space w/Romo restructure...how much does Peterson cost again? Oh yea, $12.75MM...WEIRD! bit.ly/1bPJsVB

Article:

Cowboys Expected to Restructure Romo Clearing $12.8MM in Cap Space For 2015

By: Aj Mansour | KFAN.com
@AjKFAN

It’s not completely official yet, but according to ESPN Dallas, the Cowboys and quarterback Tony Romo are on the verge of restructuring his contract, a move that would cut $12.8MM in cap space for the Cowboys in 2015.

For the second straight season, Romo is expected to accept a deal that would pay him $1MM base salary filling in the rest through bonuses. The restructure would flip $16MM of Romo’s remaining $17MM salary into a signing bonus, reducing the cap hit from an NFL-high water mark of $27.773MM to 14.973MM, clearing $12.8MM.

Does anybody know a player who is scheduled to count just under $12.8MM against the cap this season...hmmm, nobody coming to mind?!?

In reality, the move is likely not to clear space for the team to acquire Vikings running back Adrian Peterson. Some of the saved money will go directly to fulfill a one-year deal already agreed to by linebacker Rolando McClain and Greg Hardy.

But don’t lose all hope just yet. The article goes on to remind us that the Cowboys could still create cap space by reaching a long-term deal with WR Dez Bryant and making some sort of move with cornerback Brandon Carr (cutting or restructuring is expected with Carr). While the Dez deal may come down sooner, the Carr decision does not have to be made until June when the team would save $8MM in cap space by cutting him.

I wouldn’t go ahead and call it likely that the Cowboys are acting to trade for Peterson, but it is interesting to see them dealing to clear a little space and keep that glimmer of hope in the back of people’s minds.

http://www.kfan.com/onair/vikings-b...tructure-romo-clearing-13462964#ixzz3W5WlyUhn

Don't buy it.

Romo restructured to make room for Hardy's contract down the road.

@nfl 3m3 minutes ago
The @HoustonTexans are signing WR Nate Washington. (via @AlbertBreer)

Another solid pickup.

****, if they could get a QB. :smh:

Tom Savage gonna lead them to 8-8 :smokin

Srsly tho, that's the problem with the Texans. They're going to continue to be good enough to rattle off 7-10 wins, but until they get something more than a stopgap QB in there, that's it.

Will still beat the Bengals if they meet in the playoffs however.

Mike Fisher broke down what Romo's restructure means.

Cowboys have $2mil in space presently

1. Greg Hardy might cost Cowboys $9mil. Need to prep for that
2. McClain might cost $2.5mil
3. Draftees = $2mil needed for Cowboys
4. Working Capital = $3mil (Cowboys want more for signing FA in Summer)

Total Cap needed right now = $16.5mil
Have $2mil in cap space.

Romo restructure is $12.8mil

$12.8 + $2mil = $14.8mil

Last edited:
The only teams that would have made sense were the Cowboys, Cardinals, and Chargers. Now its just Cardinals and Chargers. If anything is going to happen I think it would have happened by now. I think unless the Cardinals and only the Cardinals make some crazy move to get him it makes sense for him to stay anyway. He's getting his money regardless and there aren't any better opportunities at winning. If he stays I see a slight power shift in the North with the Vikings overtaking the Lions and having an opportunity at becoming Wild Card team.

Last edited:
Ed Reed retired when Alex Smith scored a TD on him with a busted play. That was just a body running around during his time as a Texan, not Ed Reed.

Ed Reed was one of the rare Ravens that I was genuinely a fan of. I remember at one point he was almost guaranteed to return it for 6 once he got a pick. I was hoping he would sign with the Pats when the Ravens cut him. He was one of the most highly praised players ever by BB. He's one of the greatest safeties the league has ever seen :pimp:,him and Troy were the best of their era. Dawkins is up there too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom