NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he stays in Minny when it's all said and done

I just can't see a team giving up anything high for him

Raiders definitely will not give up any high picks for him. What they have to offer is the cap space to absorb his contract.

I figured it had to be an NFC East team the way he takes shots at Chip Kelly constantly

Last edited:
However, the Vikings' hard stance hasn't changed. Publicly, they've said they are looking forward to his return. In fact, that's exactly what was in the team's statement moments after Peterson was reinstated Thursday: "We are looking forward to Adrian rejoining the Vikings."

Privately, the wording has been a lot stronger. Sources have told FOX Sports the team has made it clear to Peterson's camp that he will "play for (the Vikings) or nobody this year." The team believes it doesn’t owe Peterson an apology for paying him $12 million last year and is more than doing its part by offering to pay him the full $13 million he's owed for next season. The Vikings believe the 2012 NFL MVP’s redemption story lies in the city that's been his NFL home since they drafted him seventh overall in 2007.
Garafolo: Don't expect to see Peterson at Vikings' offseason workouts

I'd steer clear of AP with that mileage and age unless I'm a team that thinks they can win it this year

I think it's gonna take more then a 3rd / 4th.

It shouldn't. 30 year old RB with High Miles coming off of a year off. He's not worth anything lower than a 3rd
**** like that makes me agree with those evaluators and their tactics with questioning a players background... probably remind me of Herschel walker trade where Minnesota thought they were getting a good rb

Last edited:
Going back to yesterday...I think Jumpman was completely right. I went back and looked at just a few RB's who I felt produced well after 30 and didn't have much success. I think I believed that some of these players were older than they really were when they had the seasons I remember and thought would help my argument. Not so much.

While I still think AP can still do what he does for another 2 years maybe 3, there's no reason for a team to invest what the Vikings probably want in order to trade away AP. However, this further strengthens my original standpoint that Minnesota holds most the leverage. Under contract for more than one year and it's a hefty contract. They know this, so they know that AP doesn't have much choice unless a team is really willing to reach on what they give up. If they do, then that still probably works out for Minnesota. I'm looking at this as a win-win right now, but wanted to correct my opinion because history doesn't suggest AP will be any different and that's just the smart thing to go by with this situation.

Last edited:
only way I see AP on another team is the Vikings

1) cut him
2) cave on draft day and take an offer

Otherwise I think all is forgotten and Teddy is handing off to him, staying in Minny isn't a bad thing. Vikings make the playoffs next year IMO.

Going back to yesterday...I think Jumpman was completely right. I went back and looked at just a few RB's who I felt produced well after 30 and didn't have much success. I think I believed that some of these players were older than they really were when they had the seasons I remember and thought would help my argument. Not so much.

While I still think AP can still do what he does for another 2 years maybe 3, there's no reason for a team to invest what the Vikings probably want in order to trade away AP. However, this further strengthens my original standpoint that Minnesota holds most the leverage. Under contract for more than one year and it's a hefty contract. They know this, so they know that AP doesn't have much choice unless a team is really willing to reach on what they give up. If they do, then that still probably works out for Minnesota. I'm looking at this as a win-win right now, but wanted to correct my opinion because history doesn't suggest AP will be any different and that's just the smart thing to go by with this situation.
I agree with your new mindset.

Also, when a player misses a year of play, for whatever reason, there's always a factor of "unknown".  You just don't know if he's going to come back and be the AP of 2 years ago.

Sitting out a year means nothing to me, he still has a lot of wear on the tires and age is undefeated

I tried to go cliche as I could right there

I was admittedly blurred probably by my bias, which I try to minimize, but whatever...I'm human.

Yeah, there's always that uknown. He isn't coming off an injury and year long rehab either though. If he kept himself in shape then I look at the unkown being a little less pertinent and more of a positive given that he has fresh legs and a year off of the pounding he usually takes doles out.

Sitting out a year means nothing to me, he still has a lot of wear on the tires and age is undefeated

I tried to go cliche as I could right there
I'm interested in going back and looking at the carries RB's had the year closest to their 30's or during, when they're production was noticeably different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom