NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barkley is terrible, I've watched him at training camp, I don't think his shoulder ever fully got back to 100%

If he came out his junior year and went top 5 as expected, he'd be a huge bust

Probably would have been Luck, RG3 then Barkley

Last edited:
@itsaboutthattime
It’s highly unlikely that there will ever be a season in which every single team is exempt from being required to do Hard Knocks, but theoretically, it is possible for all 32 teams to meet one of the three exemptions. The exemptions are:

1. Teams that have appeared on Hard Knocks in the last 10 years.
2. Teams with new head coaches.
3. Teams that have made the playoffs in either of the last two years. 

Last edited:
@itsaboutthattime

It’s highly unlikely that there will ever be a season in which every single team is exempt from being required to do Hard Knocks, but theoretically, it is possible for all 32 teams to meet one of the three exemptions. The exemptions are:

1. Teams that have appeared on Hard Knocks in the last 10 years.

2. Teams with new head coaches.

3. Teams that have made the playoffs in either of the last two years. 

Rams this year?

laugh.gif
 at Tebow having the requisite athleticism to play TE in the NFL. 

His combine numbers are a lot better than a lot of guys playing TE currently in the nfl (40.. 3 cone.. Vert.. And broad)..

Just sayin
To bad that does nothing when it comes to route running, catching a ball, getting seperation, blocking. You know the important things when your a TE

But it does mean he has "the requisite athleticism"
I disagree, no it doesn't. I get the thought process, and if we based "athleticism" strictly on combine measurables (which most people don't), you'd have more of a point. 

But even then, Tebow put up good/decent TE numbers  weighing in a good 15-20lbs less and a coupler inches shorter than the average TE prospect. His numbers would be nowhere near the same if he bulked up to an appropriate size. 

But combine measurables are a small piece of the athletic equation anway. For me coordination is the building block of athleticism across almost all sports. Tebow simply doesn't have it at the NFL level. Not even close. 

I think it's beginning to be clear what Chip is doing. He wants the right guys in the locker room and Tebow is a great leader. I don't necessarily think Tebow makes the final roster, but I think Chip decided he wants to do it his way and build a team with guys of his choosing by starting from scratch. He'll sink or swim with it.

Last edited:
I disagree, no it doesn't. I get the thought process, and if we based "athleticism" strictly on combine measurables (which most people don't), you'd have more of a point. 

But even then, Tebow put up good/decent TE numbers  weighing in a good 15-20lbs less and a coupler inches shorter than the average TE prospect. His numbers would be nowhere near the same if he bulked up to an appropriate size. 

But combine measurables are a small piece of the athletic equation anway. For me coordination is the building block of athleticism across almost all sports. Tebow simply doesn't have it at the NFL level. Not even close. 

I have no clue how he would do as a TE or hback.. But he is a very good athlete (go to YouTube and look what he did at Florida and in the NFL)

A crap QB.. But a very good athelete

His combine numbers:

Ht Wt 40. 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad
6 ft 2¾ in 236 lb 4.71 s 1.55 s 2.66 s 4.17 s 6.66 s 38½ in 9 ft 7 in

Not saying he's not a good athlete. But I am saying I don't think he has the requisite blend of athleticism to play an NFL skill position including TE or FB. Not a slight to him, the guys are in the top 99.9999% percentile across the board. 

Last edited:
I think it's beginning to be clear what Chip is doing. He wants the right guys in the locker room and Tebow is a great leader. I don't necessarily think Tebow makes the final roster, but I think Chip decided he wants to do it his way and build a team with guys of his choosing by starting from scratch. He'll sink or swim with it.

Last sentence is 100% correct

I don't see a middle ground, Chip is either wildly successful or he is a huge failure

Eagles aren't doing it. Chip actually thinks he's a genius and he's keeping everything in house. Eagles made the playoffs the year before.

Is this all part of the plan to make people believe he doesnt want MM8

Is this all part of the plan to make people believe he doesnt want MM8

I don't think so. They just gonna cut all these QBs? Plus the whole league knows Chip has a hard on for Mariota AND Mariota is going in the top 7 because teams are desperate for a QB. So if Chip wants him, he still has to trade high.

I have no idea what Chip is doing. Tebow move makes zero sense and I think he's moved on from Mariota.

I don't think so. They just gonna cut all these QBs? Plus the whole league knows Chip has a hard on for Mariota AND Mariota is going in the top 7 because teams are desperate for a QB. So if Chip wants him, he still has to trade high.

I have no idea what Chip is doing. Tebow move makes zero sense and I think he's moved on from Mariota.
Maybe that is what he wanted everyone to think, but he's been secretly plotting to sign Tebow this entire time. I hope Chip has the opportunity to do something with Manziel as well.

Bradford, Sanchez, Manziel, Tebow 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom