NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Dupree but at 8 though? He's really raw. A freak athlete, put up #s close to that of Clowney in the combine, so I could live with it. Would hope to trade down and grab an extra pick though and still take Dupree if possible.

Shane Ray got arrested earlier today for marijuana possession so that knocks his stock down a little bit. Him and Gregory will now be there for us if we want them. Just depends on if our front office is gonna Mind taking the "risk" associated with taking either one top 10.

I have Dupree rated pretty high but i bet Dan Quinn thinks Beasley is the best player in the draft...dude was born to play LEO

Yup. Gimmick offense, gimmick year. First time defenses were really dealing with that. Bob hasn't had any success since for a reason.

Yeah, destroying his leg and losing his confidence while his coaching situation devolved into a literal soap opera.

No one else did what RG3 did just because of the read option "gimmick", so I think that says something (Kaep very much included).  Also the read option is still pretty functional today in a limited fashion for many teams so it's tough to call it a gimmick either.  Tell the Packers the read-option has been figured out.

He had some good games for sure but it was still a gimmick. They were just getting by games that season. A LOT of luck, sometimes things just go your way sometimes.

His problem with Shanahan was because of himself and his ego. Guy thought he was bigger than Tom Brady at one point.

I have Dupree rated pretty high but i bet Dan Quinn thinks Beasley is the best player in the draft...dude was born to play LEO

Most definitely.. But with Ray falling, Gregory falling, this makes it less and less likely Quinn can get to Beasley now.. He's gonna have to trade up, and if thats the case you may as well consider going to get his boy Fowler, or the best player in the draft Leonard WIlliams as well.. Thursday is gonna be interesting.. after pick 1 , a lot of wheeling dealing will be at least proposed, we will see what actually comes of it..

He had some good games for sure but it was still a gimmick. They were just getting by games that season. A LOT of luck, sometimes things just go your way sometimes.

His problem with Shanahan was because of himself and his ego. Guy thought he was bigger than Tom Brady at one point.
To put it all on him while ignoring Snyder is unfair imo.  Dude is young and impressionable.  

I don't remember hearing all this gimmick-garbage stuff when he was coming out of college, this isn't Tim Tebow here.

@ESPNNFL 5m5 minutes ago
J.J. Watt continues to be awesome at life.

CDrqqwZW8AE62gv.png:large

@AdamSchefter: At least two teams, possibly more, have approached NY Jets about trading for Muhammad Wilkerson, per league source. Bares watching Thursday.

How far does Ray fall? PFT tweeted something about him falling to round 4 :x

It will cost him about $2 million if he falls from mid first to late first

@AdamSchefter: Shane Ray now automatically enrolled in behavioral portion of Phase 1 of NFL's substance abuse program, sources tell ESPN's Mark Dominik.

Last edited:
@AdamSchefter: Interesting part is that Eagles and Dolphins were nearing a trade for Dion Jordan. Then came the diluted sample and suspension. So no deal.

lol seriously F-ck dion jordan. I was thinking he could of been traded for a 5th but Nope... suspended all of next season. What a bust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many people trying to be funny and cute but that's his third time being popped in a year. I really hope for his sake that gets his life together. Was a completely clean kid coming out of college so no idea where this came from. :smh:

So many guys throwing their lives/careers away for stupid ****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom