2010: CJ Spiller
2011: Mark Ingram
2012: Trent Richardson
2013: no 1st rounder
2014: no 1st rounder

history shows it's a waste to take one

Last edited:
SportsCenterVerified account ‏@SportsCenter
******** announce they will pick up RGIII's fifth-year option.

Picking bad players gets GMs fired

Not bad "value" whatever that means
Dimitrioff took Julio Jones for 2 first +.

That was bad value and that will get him fired, though Jones is a good player.

Getting good value means not sacrificing the ability to get better at other places on your roster.

Last edited:
They could have waited. That's like 16 mil next year. Wow. Hahahaha. Very confusing move. I'm guessing it was out of desperation and to hopefully make him feel better and wanted? I don't get it.

This also means he won't be traded I'm assuming. No one will want that 16 mil hit next year.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that it wasn't Grudens decision 
laugh.gif

Even dances like a white guy....

So it's cheaper than franchise tagging him in 2016. They can still cut him after the season and save a good amount of money. So it's not as bizarre as I thought.

Dimitrioff took Julio Jones for 2 first +.

That was bad value and that will get him fired, though Jones is a good player.

Getting good value means not sacrificing the ability to get better at other places on your roster.

Given that Dimitroff wastes picks all over the place, i consider his tradeups ( Except for Sam Baker in 08) good ones.. Tradeups got us Julio and Trufant.. They are arguably the best 2 players on our team.. Ironically , Dimitroff had he stayed put instead of trading up for julio, would have taken OT Gabe Carimi, who is bordering being cut from our current squad, after flopping with 2 other teams in the league..

If TG is the best player on the board at 8, and we can't trade down out of the pick, ill take him over drafting another O lineman in the top 10( Matthews last year worked well for us in spite of his injury) , or a pass rusher who's value mirrors a lot of second round prospects..

Last edited:
Given that Dimitroff wastes picks all over the place, i consider his tradeups ( Except for Sam Baker in 08) good ones.. Tradeups got us Julio and Trufant.. They are arguably the best 2 players on our team.. Ironically , Dimitroff had he stayed put , would have taken OT Gabe Carimi, who is bordering being cut from our current squad, after flopping with 2 other teams in the league..

If TG is the best player on the board at 8, and we can't trade down out of the pick, ill take him over taking another O lineman in the top 10, or a pass rusher who's value mirrors a lot of second round prospects..

wasting picks all over the place is the sign of a bad GM, good GM's make the picks count more often than not

trading 5 picks for a WR is a reach to me, I would only do that for a QB

Its give and take, at the time we were one player away from contending, which came to fruition in 2012 when we were 10 yds away from playing Baltimore in the Superbowl.. They went for it and failed.. I can't say that keeping the picks would have netted us a better defense because Dimitroff too often tries to outsmart other GMs by reaching for projects in mid to late rounds.. but what I can say is Julio definitely gave us what we needed at the time and helped when Tony G retired and a regressing roddy white.. we spent 4 picks on Lbs last year both inside and outside.. The year prior we had 2 UDFA LBs starting for us.... and that year t we drafted 2 DEs.. guess what our #1 need is this year? an OLB/ DE lol.. This is why we brought Pioli in and Quinn will have a large say so in who we pick this year..

Last edited:
SportsCenterVerified account ‏@SportsCenter

******** announce they will pick up RGIII's fifth-year option.

a little surprised on this one.. could they have waited?

or was the deadline approaching?

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 52m52 minutes ago

Remember, the option is guaranteed for injury only. ******** can still release RGIII and get out of the contract after a bad season.

Unless he tears it up this season, I HIGHLY doubt he'll be back in '16.

Given that Dimitroff wastes picks all over the place, i consider his tradeups ( Except for Sam Baker in 08) good ones.. Tradeups got us Julio and Trufant.. They are arguably the best 2 players on our team.. Ironically , Dimitroff had he stayed put instead of trading up for julio, would have taken OT Gabe Carimi, who is bordering being cut from our current squad, after flopping with 2 other teams in the league..

If TG is the best player on the board at 8, and we can't trade down out of the pick, ill take him over drafting another O lineman in the top 10( Matthews last year worked well for us in spite of his injury) , or a pass rusher who's value mirrors a lot of second round prospects..
The old "we would have wasted those picks anyway" argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom