NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm feeling the same way about our rookies. Just get them to Week 1.

Minnesota's completely treated Kendricks like the franchise's first round pick :lol: How do you see him making the transition?

I love his sure tackling and ability to bridge gaps in space quickly. His instincts have never been in question, only the transition to matching up against bigger opponents. If he shows he can handle tackling against bigger players then I think he's going to be very solid for Minnesota.

Were post-85 athletes not drinking milk or doing leg day growing up?? The amount of injuries while seemingly just breathing is crazy.

Didn't Jerry Rice address this a year or 2 ago? He said something about the players now a days not stretching and warming up properly or long enough if I can remember right...

sb sb you're taking too much harassment around these parts :lol: what do you drink at games man, your first beer's on me if you're gonna be at Oakland for the Broncos-Raiders game.

Last edited:
sb sb you're taking too much harassment around these parts :lol: what do you drink at games man, your first beer's on me if you're gonna be at Oakland for the Broncos-Raiders game.

:smokin

i drink all types of beer man. some good stuff out there to limit oneself. lagunitas, modelo, blue moon, sam adams, dos xx amber etc. i wasnt able to make it to the game the last 2 years. 2 years ago it was the last game of the season during the holiday season. last year i had a bday to attend. this year i got nothing on oct 11. ill be going this year :smokin . would be great to get to meet some NT folks out there. i got the 2nd round of brews :smokin

stand up guy, man :pimp:

i owe Franc a couple Patron shots for the past two seasons

dsa :smokin would drink some sam adams with you since youre from boston. we can talk about how elway is better than brady :nerd:

would be great to meet up with some folks from this thread :smokin

just need jumpman ii jumpman ii to hook the thread up with some sb tickets :nerd: i know you know someone :nerd: if you dont, warriors will have bad karma :nerd: .

whose delta rooting for this season :nerd:

This is the year of the Falcon :nerd:

sadart.gif

:lol: I'm sorry you're on your own for those. Levi's stadium and the Niners can stick it

Last edited:
rooting for carr and the raiders. wished the texans took carr last year, the guy went to my hs and won me a good amount of money on those odd thursday and friday college games at fresno. he's either going to sink or float and the raiders are preparing to sink or float with him... 

qbs these days get written off quicker than anything i've seen. kaep was unstoppable going into the super bowl two seasons ago and now people want to get rid of him. rg3 looked like the second coming and got benched for colt mccoy. hoping derek carr gets through his trial by fire and doesn't end up as a matt ryan/matt stafford perpetual loser 

Reactions: sb
Were post-85 athletes not drinking milk or doing leg day growing up?? The amount of injuries while seemingly just breathing is crazy.

Didn't Jerry Rice address this a year or 2 ago? He said something about the players now a days not stretching and warming up properly or long enough if I can remember right...

Sounds ridiculous to me. Injury prevention is miles ahead of where it was. Would be curious if there's any data that points to more injuries today. Probably just perceived that way.

First step is determining if they are more prevalent or just perceived due to the different indormation world we live in

Browns coordinator says Manziel’s work ethic is “fantastic”

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 10, 2015, 6:32 AM EDT

Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel impressed his coaches with his effort during the opening weeks of offseason work.

“Johnny’s been great,” Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo told Cleveland.com. “He’s been fantastic. What he wants to talk about, before he stepped foot back in this building is his business. All I know is Johnny the football player, and he’s been awesome. He’s been working hard, very hard with myself and [quarterbacks coach Kevin O’Connell], and doing what we want him to do on the field.”

There was talk during Manziel’s rookie year that he wasn’t taking his job seriously enough. But DeFilippo, who was hired this offseason, says he hasn’t witnessed any of that.

“All I know is this: From the moment he stepped in this building from the last two weeks, he’s been nothing but a consummate professional,” DeFilippo said. “He’s spent every hour that he’s been allowed to spend in this building. We give them worksheets every Tuesday and every Friday, and they’re done to the unbelievable detail that we need an NFL quarterback to do. From that standpoint, like I said I can’t predict the future, but all I can do is tell you right now Johnny Manziel is putting himself in a position to be a quarterback in the NFL.”

Does Manziel fit DeFilippo’s offense?

“If Johnny Manziel’s our quarterback, we’ll have an offense to fit his skillset,” he said.

That’s still a big “If,” as at the moment Manziel is viewed as a likely backup to Josh McCown. But Manziel is at least giving himself a chance to show that he’s put the problems of his rookie season behind him.

"If Johnny Manziel's our quarterback, we'll have an offense to fit his skilset," :pimp:

Get on with it ... let the best joke win. :nerd:

Last edited:
i remember when the jets brought in gerrard tro help sanchez, love bhow that turned out. that era for the jags brought me back.

i remember when the jets brought in gerrard tro help sanchez, love bhow that turned out. that era for the jags brought me back.

I remember Hard Knocks when they were determining whether to start Tannehill, Garrard or Matt Moore. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom