NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell Wilson threw 4 interceptions in the NFC Championship game and the Seahawks still only gave up 22 points.
yeah that was a horrible game for him but he did make the game winning play right? and he was airing out bombs in the sbowl and gave the hawks a shot. unfortunate pick but i dont think it takes anything away from him. 

yeah that was a horrible game for him but he did make the game winning play right? and he was airing out bombs in the sbowl and gave the hawks a shot. unfortunate pick but i dont think it takes anything away from him. 

Brandon Bostick made the game winning play

Luck >>>>>> Wilson and it ain't close

Always wondered why Luck caught no heat for looking so mediocre against NE in the playoffs though. 7 points in the biggest game of the year? Brady must have lathered his balls in cooking oil or something :nerd:

You think Wilson is better than Ben?
laugh.gif

I like Russ but c'mon now
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ok I think I'm better
when ben was winning his rings the defense was alright too right? come on 

Luck >>>>>> Wilson and it ain't close

Always wondered why Luck caught no heat for looking so mediocre against NE in the playoffs though. 7 points in the biggest game of the year? Brady must have lathered his balls in cooking oil or something :nerd:

The same reason why Peyton always did -- Polian and Grigson are the same damn dudes. Who needs defense or a running game? AIR IT OUT! :smh:

Damn near two decades and the Colts are stuck in their archaic formula. They're like the complete opposite of the Seahawks.

when ben was winning his rings the defense was alright too right? come on 

Yes, and then he grew and got better as a QB, even though his team hasn't been as good. I'm not going to use the simplistic argument of team success = abity of QB. Lazy, crude and a simple-minded line of thinking

Yes, and then he grew and got better as a QB, even though his team hasn't been as good. I'm not going to use the simplistic argument of team success = abity of QB. Lazy, crude and a simple-minded line of thinking
so why take anything away from russ? marshawn is probably the best rb in the game but that just allows russ to scramble. russ is also a great pocket passer and he throws those long bombs like ben. i'd put him above big ben. 

not sure how you can knock a QB because his defense is good or because he has a good RB. 

[thread="594149"]Quote:[/thread]
so why take anything away from russ? marshawn is probably the best rb in the game but that just allows russ to scramble. russ is also a great pocket passer and he throws those long bombs like ben. i'd put him above big ben. 

not sure how you can knock a QB because his defense is good or because he has a good RB. 

saying a guy isn't top 5 isn't knocking him, man. everyone acknowledges that he's a good QB. that doesn't mean he has to be top 5 when there are other QBs out there who play the position at a higher level.

Last edited:
People see talking about the defense and running game of the Seahawks as an insult to Russ.

I think it's the other way around: talking about Russ all the time is an insult to that running game and defense. Watching that Seattle defense play is ******* magical and I hate them.

Last edited:
People see talking about the defense and running game of the Seahawks as an insult to Russ.

I think it's the other way around: talking about Russ all the time is an insult to that running game and defense. Watching that Seattle defense play is ******* magical and I hate that team.
ok sure however you want to think about it. 28-24 sbowl isn't exaclty a defensive battle. but i dont want to disparage the defense either to make a case for russ. just this is a little too extreme. an insult to the running game and the defense?

Last edited:
Big Ben slander got DMX sitting over there like...
look i'm a texans fan so i know about troubles at QB. all i'm saying is as "legendary" as the seahawks defense is, when big ben threw that santanio holmes catch, he was anchored by the best defense in the league that year. maybe ben has gotten better with todd haley... i would just put russ over him. my opinon that's all 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom