NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
People see talking about the defense and running game of the Seahawks as an insult to Russ.

I think it's the other way around: talking about Russ all the time is an insult to that running game and defense. Watching that Seattle defense play is ******* magical and I hate that team.
ok sure however you want to think about it. 28-24 sbowl isn't exaclty a defensive battle. but i dont want to disparage the defense either to make a case for russ. just this is a little too extreme. an insult to the running game and the defense?

i mean the defense did have to deal with TB12...give em a break, man. this ain't aaron rodgers or peyton we're talking bout.

I honestly stopped caring about QB stats when in one season 3-4 QBs broke a record that stood since 84'

3500 is slight these days... Drew threw for like 4600-4700 on a down year...

yeah i guess it is impossible to change opinions here. but russ plays in a run first offense with a great defense. his receivers after harvin and tate left were a mediocre bunch at best. they're fine numbers and indicate he's a dual threat. maybe i'm just a bigger fan of his game than others. 

meanwhile brees and stafford were throwing all the time. ur right that stats don't matter but the rushing yards are pretty impressive for a qb. 

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]It's not impossible...

But you just jumped into a battle between the Montagues and the Capulets.

Hundreds of years of fighting has led us here... and now...

And it's hilarious.
[/COLOR]

View media item 1532005

Jimmy Graham is gonna eat in that offense. 

All things considered…that was probably the best move of the offseason.

Yea Jimmy probably bout to have one of the best seasons for a TE ever... That's all Dilfer gonna look at. :lol:

And I agree might be the best offseason move.

I honestly stopped caring about QB stats when in one season 3-4 QBs broke a record that stood since 84'

3500 is slight these days... Drew threw for like 4600-4700 on a down year...

This guy gets it

look i'm a texans fan so i know about troubles at QB. all i'm saying is as "legendary" as the seahawks defense is, when big ben threw that santanio holmes catch, he was anchored by the best defense in the league that year. maybe ben has gotten better with todd haley... i would just put russ over him. my opinon that's all 

That SB was 7 years ago, he has gotten better. If you haven't watched, you should.

What about Romo? Rivers? You got RW over them as well?

yall can hate on wilson if you want and say its just a great defense. 

Russell Wilson threw 4 interceptions in the NFC Championship game and the Seahawks still only gave up 22 points.

yeah that was a horrible game for him but he did make the game winning play right? and he was airing out bombs in the sbowl and gave the hawks a shot. unfortunate pick but i dont think it takes anything away from him. 

Yes, and then he grew and got better as a QB, even though his team hasn't been as good. I'm not going to use the simplistic argument of team success = abity of QB. Lazy, crude and a simple-minded line of thinking
so why take anything away from russ? marshawn is probably the best rb in the game but that just allows russ to scramble. russ is also a great pocket passer and he throws those long bombs like ben. i'd put him above big ben. 

not sure how you can knock a QB because his defense is good or because he has a good RB. 

haha alright, i'm guessing russ running for 800 yards was just a great o-line and throwing for 3500 was great receivers. 
@bartleby929

This guy gets it
That SB was 7 years ago, he has gotten better. If you haven't watched, you should.

What about Romo? Rivers? You got RW over them as well?
yeah i'd rather have rw than rivers. i'm sure san diego would too. same with romo... up until last year everyone crapped all over romo. 

i probably responded to someone else - the guy who keeps posting how legendary the hawks defense is and quoted you. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom