NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
this was my favorite one he kept yapping about, Jeff Blake attempted 37 passes in garbage time :lol:

Deflategate (2004)

TEAM: The Philadelphia Eagles

SEVERITY:scale

SUMMARY: Ex-Eagles and retired Pro Bowl quarterback Jeff Blake confessed in an interview that removing air from footballs was common when he played in the NFL from 1992-2005.

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," the ex-Eagles QB said Wednesday in a radio interview on the "Midday 180" show on Nashville's 104.5 The Zone. "Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard.

"Everybody puts the pin in and takes just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat. So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."

Blake says that he'd order ball boys to let air out of his footballs just before the start of games during his entire NFL career, which included time with the Eagles in 2004.

VICTIM: The entire league

PUNISHED? No but ... it's more probable than not that this was cheating

PUNISHMENT: He admitted doing it

Last edited:
I am going to need LeSean McCoy to weigh in...

View media item 1532089
The Eagles have announced the hiring of Dwayne Joseph as the team’s director of pro personnel. Joseph was most recently the associate director of pro personnel with the Chicago Bears.

Joseph, 42, began his NFL career as a cornerback for the Chicago Bears, appearing in 16 games, starting one, in the 1995 season. After his playing career, Joseph earned his master’s degree in education leadership from DePaul University. He previously earned his undergraduate degree from Syracuse in human development.

Da wurz athletes after Deflate Gate

1. Tom Brady

2. Floyd Mayweather

3. CP3

4. Matt Barnes

5. Lance Armstrong

6. Barry Bonds

Can you guys just let bartleby have an opinion? Sheesh :lol:

I know it's not something many of us agree with, but he seems pretty genuine to me. If he was obviously trolling it would be another story, but he just seems like he believes in Wilson more than most of us, and he's not afraid to back it up.

I mean... That deserves a little credit no? I would imagine it wouldn't be easy to go into a thread which is 99% against your opinion and hold your own.

IMHO just let him have his opinion. I don't agree with it, but I respect his take

*shrug*

haha i won't lose sleep over it. most people are on forums to troll or to argue in absolutes. i know what to expect 

Last edited:
outside of brady, rodgers, and luck, you can make an argument for a bunch of guys to go into 4 and 5. and they're just opinions. 

outside of brady, rodgers, and luck, you can make an argument for a bunch of guys to go into 4 and 5. and they're just opinions. 

You can't. Russell isn't even top 10 at his position but you had the nerve to say top 5.

I remember early this season commentators were saying he was up in that first tier. Once he started carrying the team and losing, no one was talking about him anymore. It was like everyone woke up and realized it was all defense and Lynch. Take away Lynch, he's not going to the SB. Remove a few players from that secondary, he's not going to the SB.

Put Russell in Atlanta, Oakland or Was....that team wouldn't go near 8 wins.

You can't. Russell isn't even top 10 at his position but you had the nerve to say top 5.

I remember early this season commentators were saying he was up in that first tier. Once he started carrying the team and losing, no one was talking about him anymore. It was like everyone woke up and realized it was all defense and Lynch. Take away Lynch, he's not going to the SB. Remove a few players from that secondary, he's not going to the SB.

You mean to tell me if you remove All-Pros and Pro Bowlers from an NFL team it makes it harder to reach a Super Bowl? Hard hitting analysis right there.

wilson was 1 pass away from being super bowl mvp and back to back champ. that's all there is to it imo. take lynch and the secondary away and he doesn't go to the super bowl... okay... take gronk and edelman away and brady doesn't go to the bowl. it is stupid. put brady on washington and can you guarantee me he gets you 8 wins?  

the nerve of putting wilson in top 5!

What really matters is how many Kenner Starting Lineup figures Russ has on his team.

That's how we debate QB's on NT.

Check the toys *****. :nthat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom