NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
That D has already gotten to all time levels imo given the current state of the game to be as dominant as they've been is something else and just silly 
sick.gif
sick.gif

What TB was able to do to that Seahawks D in the 4th quarter... 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I'm not talking about Brady, Moss, and Welker. Just said my favorite Brady teams are the ones since 2010 -- the ones when he's taken over the offense and makes magic. That's when a QB separates himself. Ben last year? Ridiculous.

Did you not see the Seahawks over the second half of last season? After the KC loss:
3, 3, 14, 7, 6, 6.

They allowed 39 points TOTAL over six games. They've allowed teams to score 24 or more points like 10 or 11 times over THREE SEASONS.

Seattle's defense is ******* legendary.
i don't think it takes away from russell wilson's place as a top 5 qb. and look that's a bit deceptive cause they played kaep twice, no palmer cardinals twice, and no bradford rams. and the eagles. sooo i wouldn't go as far as saying LEGENDARY. but yeah no matter what it was impressive. 

Seattle's secondary is one of the best I've ever seen.

Brees is overrated. He can only play in a dome and warm weather but I still have him in the top 10 and ahead of Russell.

too be honest that wasn't even a stat until a season or two ago.

and you can't blame the whole teams loss on one player. i mean informatively you can but it's a team sport. peyton isn't know to win outside the dome, so does that take away from his legacy ?
are we talking legacy or top 5 qb this season? brees does everything for the saints. he did everything poorly last season. there were must-win, playoff contention games that he completely blew cause he couldn't lob it over to his giant TE. 

too be honest that wasn't even a stat until a season or two ago.

and you can't blame the whole teams loss on one player. i mean informatively you can but it's a team sport. peyton isn't know to win outside the dome, so does that take away from his legacy ?
are we talking legacy or top 5 qb this season? brees does everything for the saints. he did everything poorly last season. there were must-win, playoff contention games that he completely blew cause he couldn't lob it over to his giant TE. 

if we're talking of this past season, you HAVE to have Ben over Russ

alright well i'm done arguing, i think i've said everything i could say haha, but we're talking this coming season. and look i don't even know why i'm trying to sway you guys on russ. i'm a texans fan. we have no qb. 

according to your argument, brees is no longer top 5 because A. he had a bad season last year. B. he can't win outside the dome and now C. because he does everything himself.

so what i meant is do you put manning in top 5?

according to your argument, brees is no longer top 5 because A. he had a bad season last year. B. he can't win outside the dome and now C. because he does everything himself.

so what i meant is do you put manning in top 5?
he used to do everything himself but sucked to a point where they traded his biggest target for a guard and are emphasizing the run... i put manning in the top 5 tentatively because i know all the casual fans would absolutely freak out if i didn't. manning does everything himself and if manning sucked as bad as brees did last year, all year, he wouldn't be top 5. 

brees couldn't get the saints separation from atl, the panthers, and the bucs. manning got a bye. sure he sucked in the playoffs but i think he's still top 5. 

so if you want to put big ben or romo in 4 and 5, great. cool. i prefer wilson. alright i have to actually do other stuff now haha

Last edited:
leveon and antonio brown? brees' offense sucked last year. demarco murray and dez bryant? it's a team game, don't undermine one player cause another is good 

So you do know who is on the Steelers offense because earlier you weren't sure if Ben has improved since 2008. Just trying to keep it all straight

So you do know who is on the Steelers offense because earlier you weren't sure if Ben has improved since 2008. Just trying to keep it all straight
gotta respond. did i say anything about ben improving since 2008? i said when he won the super bowl(s), he had the leagues top defenses behind him. now their defense is horrible and big ben is the sheriff. he's also put in that haley offensive system and has two of undeniably prolific offensive weapons. i think you can put ben over russ. i also think you can put russ over ben. to be honest, i don't care enough, just don't want to be misconstrued. 

look i'm a texans fan so i know about troubles at QB. all i'm saying is as "legendary" as the seahawks defense is, when big ben threw that santanio holmes catch, he was anchored by the best defense in the league that year. maybe ben has gotten better with todd haley... i would just put russ over him. my opinon that's all 

Um..read closer?

Last edited:

That D has already gotten to all time levels imo given the current state of the game to be as dominant as they've been is something else and just silly 
sick.gif
sick.gif

What TB was able to do to that Seahawks D in the 4th quarter... 
pimp.gif

Lane injury
mean.gif

Entire damn secondary along with Mebane, Hill, Marsh, and KPL was injured as well on defense. Earl Thomas & Kam got surgery, Sherman avoided the tommy john surgery. Unfortunate situation all around.
mean.gif

Pats took advantage of Tharold Simon, dude got killed by Edelman over and over again. Should of got MVP imo.

Last edited:
Um..read closer?
alright what'd i say? maybe he's gotten better with haley. i don't know if he has or hasn't. if they had a great o-line and a great defense, would ben be throwing for 600 yards? if it wasn't for leveon and antonio brown making incredible plays, would ben have the same stats? i haven't watched enough steelers football to know. i know they got clobbered in the playoffs when leveon got knocked out. 

just to throw this in, wasn't the 2008 steelers defense better than the seahawks last season? crazy to use superlatives like best team in decades to describe the seahawks.

Last edited:
There is no maybe, he has grown as a QB. He is a better QB than before. You've either watched and know or haven't and don't. I can't see how someone has watched Pitt and not believe he has gotten better.

Russ' career is very similar to Ben's early on. As time passes we will see if he can take the team on his back more and continue to improve. I have no reason to think he can't but at this pont he hasn't had to in a consistent manner. That alone is why Romo, Rivers and Ben are ahead

There is no maybe, he has grown as a QB. He is a better QB than before. You've either watched and know or haven't and don't. I can't see how someone has watched Pitt and not believe he has gotten better.

Russ' career is very similar to Ben's early on. As time passes we will see if he can take the team on his back more and continue to improve. I have no reason to think he can't but at this pont he hasn't had to in a consistent manner. That alone is why Romo, Rivers and Ben are ahead
I agree.

When Eli is hot he is as good as anyone...but man he has gotten inconsistent and had some mediocre years :smh:

That D has already gotten to all time levels imo given the current state of the game to be as dominant as they've been is something else and just silly :x :x .

What TB was able to do to that Seahawks D in the 4th quarter... :pimp:  

Lane injury :smh:

Entire damn secondary along with Mebane, Hill, Marsh, and KPL was injured as well on defense. Earl Thomas & Kam got surgery, Sherman avoided the tommy john surgery. Unfortunate situation all around. :smh:  

Pats took advantage of Tharold Simon, dude got killed by Edelman over and over again. Should of got MVP imo.

shane vareen also killed the seahawks catching passes out of the backfield. NE exploited that matchup so bad. masterful :pimp:

Eli lowkey had a good year last season.

i expect him to have an even better season next year with an improved OL, healthy Odell & Cruz, & Shane Vereen.

Last edited:

romo hasn't ever been consistent until last season. everyone pegged the cowboys to finish dead last or near the bottom when sean lee got injured. i can see where you're coming from and what you mean -- i just don't think russ will ever be a straight pocket passer like ben, romo, rivers because running is part of his game. and maybe he hasn't consistently carried the entire team on his back but he had some monster stat games last season. regardless this is all subjective so it is cool. 

The girl on SC asked Gronkowski if he wanted to amend his comments he made months ago about ODB having the best catch he's ever seen. Gronk said yeah, definitely. He gets the credit he deserves and he made the best catch I've ever seen. She goes oh, so you don't want to change anything? He says no, of course not. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom