NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope so.

Used to rag on Ben hardcore after his first five or so seasons. You know what he did? Shut me up by taking his game to the next level.
Same goes for Brady. Thought he was overrated as hell after the first 3* SB* wins*, so you know what he did? Took over the league.

Russ takes his game to the next level and I'll gladly give props. I'm just not going to crown a guy that has one of the best teams of the last few decades around him.
brady and manning almost always have the best big name talent around them year in and year out. yeah seattle's defense was special. beast mode is special. the wr corps was led by jerome kearse and lockett. best teams of the last few decades? that's a stretch 

i said this before the start of last season. you'll just be saying at the end of this next season. 

I really hope so.

Used to rag on Ben hardcore after his first five or so seasons. You know what he did? Shut me up by taking his game to the next level.
Same goes for Brady. Thought he was overrated as hell after the first 3* SB* wins*, so you know what he did? Took over the league.

Russ takes his game to the next level and I'll gladly give props. I'm just not going to crown a guy that has one of the best teams of the last few decades around him.

you're going to start confusing people with posts like this :lol:

repped

leveon and antonio brown? brees' offense sucked last year. demarco murray and dez bryant? it's a team game, don't undermine one player cause another is good 

so because brees has one bad year, he is no longer one of the best qb's ?

I forgot about Bennett, he was kicking *** in the first half, but I doubt they'd give it to him.

They woulda given it to the star white QB like always.

Pats in the SB without Jules and Gronkowski? I mean possibly :lol: but I cant see them winning that Baltimore game without those two

If that pass was a completion instead of an INT, who was winning the MVP award? The FootLocker employee?
nerd.gif

I know you guys hate Russ, but let's be real here.

It damn sure wasn't going to BeastMode
laugh.gif
Michael Bennett, most likely. He was the best player on the field for most of that game.
In the 1st half for sure,not so much in the 2nd half..

I'd have given it to this guy

He straight up torched our secondary almost every time the ball was thrown his way 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Last edited:
yeah. he's not one of the top 5. can't play outside a dome. plays against the worst division defensively as it is. and now they seem to be committed to the run. brees isn't top 5 anymore. 

Last edited:
yeah. he's not one of the top 5. can't play in a dome. plays against the worst division defensively as it is. and now they seem to be committed to the run. brees isn't top 5 anymore. 

if we're going by "what have you done for me lately?"...russell wilson blew the game for his team on his last play

see how dumb that sounds?

Last edited:
yeah. he's not one of the top 5. can't play outside a dome. plays against the worst division defensively as it is. and now they seem to be committed to the run. brees isn't top 5 anymore. 

you were born in the mid 90's weren't you

Last edited:
I really hope so.

brady and manning almost always have the best big name talent around them year in and year out. yeah seattle's defense was special. beast mode is special. the wr corps was led by jerome kearse and lockett. best teams of the last few decades? that's a stretch 

I didn't say Manning -- I said Brady. Top name talent? My favorite Tom Brady year was 2010 when his top two WRs were Welker and Branch. Dude went 36 TDs to 4 INTs and had some of the most beautiful QB play I've seen. The last couple years when he's had Julian Edelman and that other white receiver with the backwards elbow? AFCCG and SB championship. His top RB is a kush lover from Oregon. :pimp:

Tell me how the Seattle defense isn't one of the most dominant units of the last couple decades. Or how Beast Mode hasn't been clutch when it mattered.

Last edited:
I was, so?

no you weren't.

just seems like the newer generation prefers the new prototype qbs. was just wondering.

also seems like the newer generation throws qbs under the bus after one bad season. i know it's a generalizations so i was putting it to the test.

I didn't say Manning -- I said Brady. Top name talent? My favorite Tom Brady year was 2010 when his top two WRs were Welker and Branch. Dude went 36 TDs to 4 INTs and had some of the most beautiful QB play I've seen. The last couple years when he's had Julian Edelman and that other white receiver with the backwards elbow? AFCCG and SB championship.

Tell me how the Seattle defense isn't one of the most dominant units of the last couple decades. Or how Beast Mode hasn't been clutch when it mattered.
how about brady moss and welker... before the giants stomped them, weren't they one of the best teams in the last few decades? best team in decades is a big statement. i don't know if the seahawks this year were one of the best teams in the last few decades. 

point is everyone who watches excessive amounts of football knows brees blows outside of his dome. nobody knew he would suck as bad as he did last season. and the saints are beginning to transition so that brees is less of a focal point this year. what do you think that says about brees? 

you can dismiss it as an overreaction but just think about it and you'll probably agree brees isn't top 5 

I didn't say Manning -- I said Brady. Top name talent? My favorite Tom Brady year was 2010 when his top two WRs were Welker and Branch. Dude went 36 TDs to 4 INTs and had some of the most beautiful QB play I've seen. The last couple years when he's had Julian Edelman and that other white receiver with the backwards elbow? AFCCG and SB championship.

how about brady moss and welker... before the giants stomped them, weren't they one of the best teams in the last few decades? best team in decades is a big statement. i don't know if the seahawks this year were one of the best teams in the last few decades. 

I'm not talking about Brady, Moss, and Welker. Just said my favorite Brady teams are the ones since 2010 -- the ones when he's taken over the offense and makes magic. That's when a QB separates himself. Ben last year? Ridiculous.

Did you not see the Seahawks over the second half of last season? After the KC loss:
3, 3, 14, 7, 6, 6.

They allowed 39 points TOTAL over six games. They've allowed teams to score 24 or more points like 10 or 11 times over THREE SEASONS.

Seattle's defense is ******* legendary.

Last edited:
point is everyone who watches excessive amounts of football knows brees blows outside of his dome. nobody knew he would suck as bad as he did last season. and the saints are beginning to transition so that brees is less of a focal point this year. what do you think that says about brees? 

you can dismiss it as an overreaction but just think about it and you'll probably agree brees isn't top 5 

too be honest that wasn't even a stat until a season or two ago.

and you can't blame the whole teams loss on one player. i mean informatively you can but it's a team sport. peyton isn't know to win outside the dome, so does that take away from his legacy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom