NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't. Russell isn't even top 10 at his position but you had the nerve to say top 5.

I remember early this season commentators were saying he was up in that first tier. Once he started carrying the team and losing, no one was talking about him anymore. It was like everyone woke up and realized it was all defense and Lynch. Take away Lynch, he's not going to the SB. Remove a few players from that secondary, he's not going to the SB.

Put Russell in Atlanta, Oakland or Was....that team wouldn't go near 8 wins.

You mean to tell me if you remove All-Pros and Pro Bowlers from an NFL team it makes it harder to reach a Super Bowl? Hard hitting analysis right there.

You trying TOO hard. I'm not saying remove them all and let Russell play. I'm saying, just remove one or two players and Russell is ******. Team was losing when Pete had his ***** fit with Lynch and he wasn't carrying the ball anymore. Russell was losing games.

yeah it wasn't a great pass or a great route or a great play call -- arguably. but if he wins the sbowl there, he's getting mvp. and then he'd be back to back super bowl winning quarterback and a super bowl mvp and everyone would be hanging off his nuts. 

it was a great play by butler and a crappy pass. i still put wilson in 5. 

:rofl: :rofl: a Russ one pass from Super Bowl MVP.

Dude had 4 completions into the 3rd Q. :lol:

He had foot locker guy catchin passes behind him, a dude flat on his back, and a rookie undrafted free agent pick his pocket.

"MVP" :rofl:

You trying TOO hard. I'm not saying remove them all and let Russell play. I'm saying, just remove one or two players and Russell is ******. Team was losing when Pete had his ***** fit with Lynch and he wasn't carrying the ball anymore. Russell was losing games.
marshawn and their secondary are the focal points of their offense and defense though. 

You can't. Russell isn't even top 10 at his position but you had the nerve to say top 5.

I remember early this season commentators were saying he was up in that first tier. Once he started carrying the team and losing, no one was talking about him anymore. It was like everyone woke up and realized it was all defense and Lynch. Take away Lynch, he's not going to the SB. Remove a few players from that secondary, he's not going to the SB.

Put Russell in Atlanta, Oakland or Was....that team wouldn't go near 8 wins.
wilson was 1 pass away from being super bowl mvp and back to back champ. that's all there is to it imo. take lynch and the secondary away and he doesn't go to the super bowl... okay... take gronk and edelman away and brady doesn't go to the bowl. it is stupid. put brady on washington and can you guarantee me he gets you 8 wins?  

the nerve of putting wilson in top 5!

I think if you take away Edelman and Gronk, Pats are still in the SB.

I also think Brady gets 8 wins in Washington.

Wilson was not the MVP of the SB either my man.

Yeah, so it's moronic to even put Russell in the top 5. Peyton, Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Romo, Ben, Phillip and a few others would get picked over Russell by every GM in the league for this upcoming season.

roll.gif
roll.gif
a Russ one pass from Super Bowl MVP.

Dude had 4 completions into the 3rd Q.
laugh.gif

He had foot locker guy catchin passes behind him, a dude flat on his back, and a rookie undrafted free agent pick his pocket.

"MVP"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
a Russ one pass from Super Bowl MVP.

Dude had 4 completions into the 3rd Q.
laugh.gif

"MVP"
roll.gif
3 tds from the qb doesn't get you super bowl mvp? c'mon man 

If that pass was a completion instead of an INT, who was winning the MVP award? The FootLocker employee? :nerd:

I know you guys hate Russ, but let's be real here.

It damn sure wasn't going to BeastMode :lol:

If that pass was a completion instead of an INT, who was winning the MVP award? The FootLocker employee? :nerd:

Lynch was the best Seattle player on offense in that game.

Same as the game before that.

The game before that.

And before that.

So on, so on, etc.

Well, 4 INT's got him NFC Title game MVP, so anything's possible I suppose.
yeah and 7 points against the tom brady led defense makes andrew luck what? peyton manning's lame duck playoff game makes him the mvp of what again? all qbs have bad games. this is why it is subjective and an opinion. i'm a little surprised russ gets so much hate here but i probably have an idea why 

Lynch was the best Seattle player on offense in that game.

Same as the game before that.

The game before that.

And before that.

So on, so on, etc.

Believe me CP, I already know that. :lol:

Just don't think it would have went to anyone else if that was a completion.

yeah and 7 points against the tom brady led defense makes andrew luck what? peyton manning's lame duck playoff game makes him the mvp of what again? all qbs have bad games. this is why it is subjective and an opinion. i'm a little surprised russ gets so much hate here but i probably have an idea why 
please make this about race

discussion needs to come full circle 

it doesn't take away from beast mode or russ. just like having the best TE in the game doesn't take away from Brady.

Naw, you don't really have an idea. It's a 2-3 year thing of undeserved praise for a QB who isn't the most important piece of his own offense.

Luck, Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Ben, Brees, they are their offense.

Lynch is the Seattle offense. Russ is the valet.

But you got him top 5. :wink:

Naw, you don't really have an idea. It's a 2-3 year thing of undeserved praise for a QB who isn't the most important piece of his own offense.

Luck, Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Ben, Brees, they are their offense.

Lynch is the Seattle offense. Russ is the valet.

But you got him top 5.
wink.gif
leveon and antonio brown? brees' offense sucked last year. demarco murray and dez bryant? it's a team game, don't undermine one player cause another is good 

i said this before the start of last season. you'll just be saying at the end of this next season. 

I really hope so.

Used to rag on Ben hardcore after his first five or so seasons. You know what he did? Shut me up by taking his game to the next level.
Same goes for Brady. Thought he was overrated as hell after the first 3* SB* wins*, so you know what he did? Took over the league.

Russ takes his game to the next level and I'll gladly give props. I'm just not going to crown a guy that has one of the best teams of the last few decades around him.

Michael Bennett, most likely. He was the best player on the field for most of that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom