NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's Dion Sims attempt at a deep ball
simsdrop.gif

This was about a 40-50 yarder dropped by Damien Williams
View media item 1539610
Here's Wallace catching one...........annnnnnd not getting his feet in.
2014-09-10-12_02_40.gif

And then we have the game vs the Panthers, down 4, under 20 seconds, Tannehill from about 60 yards, Wallace did NOT catch this.
View media item 1539615
View media item 1539619

Sadly, I can't find the Hartline drop in Buffalo that was a good 50-55 yards and went thru both hands.

Narrative is Ryan can't throw the deep ball.

Truth is, he can wing it. 60-65+, but you kinda need someone to grab it sometimes. He's no Aaron Rodgers, he doesn't put the ball literally on fingertips every single throw, but he damn sure threw some pretty passes in these examples I showed you guys, and none were caught. So not sure how he can fix the "he can't deepball" narrative.

Enter Parker, Stills, and Cameron. Hopefully they can help. We'll see.

Here's Dion Sims attempt at a deep ball
simsdrop.gif

This was about a 40-50 yarder dropped by Damien Williams
View media item 1539610
Here's Wallace catching one...........annnnnnd not getting his feet in.
2014-09-10-12_02_40.gif

And then we have the game vs the Panthers, down 4, under 20 seconds, Tannehill from about 60 yards, Wallace did NOT catch this.
View media item 1539615
View media item 1539619

Sadly, I can't find the Hartline drop in Buffalo that was a good 50-55 yards and went thru both hands.

Narrative is Ryan can't throw the deep ball.

Truth is, he can wing it. 60-65+, but you kinda need someone to grab it sometimes. He's no Aaron Rodgers, he doesn't put the ball literally on fingertips every single throw, but he damn sure threw some pretty passes in these examples I showed you guys, and none were caught. So not sure how he can fix the "he can't deepball" narrative.

Enter Parker, Stills, and Cameron. Hopefully they can help. We'll see.

This. The narrative has been written for Tanne. But it isn't entirely true.

But he did have a lot of accuracy issues down field, so I can't take up for him just yet

I hear this a lot (from Jets fans) and I don't see it. Ryan is more athletic, can throw over 20yards consistently, and way more durable.
Maybe because they seem to be at a similar skill level and have the same milquetoast demeanor.

Not really similar as QBs, Tannehill is an A-1 athlete.

That's my first time hearing of someones NT account,of all things, getting hacked :lol:

Last edited:
Tannehill reminds me of Chad Pennington
Hmm...I have some thoughts, but can I ask what makes you think this?

I love the signing for Miami. I think if people took the time to watch him consistently they'll find he's much better than fans think he is. He's also done nothing but get better and better. He's a rare "project" that is actually going to pan out. I think he'll be very good for the duration of the contract. 

Last edited:
Former NFL linebacker Adrian Robinson died Saturday night at the age of 25.
Robinson started his professional sports career with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2012. Then went on to play for the Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers and the Washington ******** before signing with the Canadian Football League's Hamilton Tiger-Cats last month.

"Adrian was a beloved father, son, brother, friend and teammate," Robinson's representatives announced in a statement posted to Facebook Sunday night. "We ask that you please respect his family's privacy during this difficult time, and especially keep his daughter Avery Marie in your prayers. Thank you for all of your support and consideration."

No further details about his death were provided.

:wow:

:frown:

Tannehill reminds me of Chad Pennington

Hmm...I have some thoughts, but can I ask what makes you think this?

I love the signing for Miami. I think if people took the time to watch him consistently they'll find he's much better than fans think he is. He's also done nothing but get better and better. He's a rare project that is actually going to pan out. I think he'll be very good for the duration of the contract. 

as someone who sees Tannehill drop back 30 or so times a game at least twice a year, he's definitely heading in the right direction. he should continue that trend as long as miami continues to surround him with pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom