NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

opURdMH.gif

The story Kel story the girl was obviously in wrong

You just don't leave your kid in the car at the other parents work?!?

Thats crazy!
Is that what he said in his first story?

And what does that have to do with Adrian Peterson?

He cleared up his story and you still discredited him your reaction post

Umm no she dropped the 4 month off in a car seat while he was at practice. In the summer of AZ heat.
So yea you right the horror
That dumba** story you just told is a perfect example of the lengths folks on here will go to blame women for everything.

So she and her whole family went to Notre Dame but she is a groupie gold digger, your cousin slept with her and didn't wear a condom, she's taking care of their kid and leaves him at your cousin's house when they get in a fight.
That's the story you just told.Oh word your cousin knocked someone up and is pissed his kid gets left at his house calling it the biggest mistake of his life and the women he impregnated a crazy gold digger.  Dude sounds like a catch bet there's mad folks trying to wrap him up.

Geez theres alot bad women out there just like theres alot bad men out there

You're out there questioning his story like hes lying :lol:

Last edited:
Geez theres alot bad women out there just like theres alot bad men out ther
No doubt.

I don't believe otherwise.

You didn't tell me though.  What does his story have to do with Adrian Peterson?

Why every time an NFL player gets arrested for domestic violence or is accused of being a deadbeat father do these folks come out the woodwork with stories about every time a women harmed them or a family member in their lives?

Seems to expose some personal issues, to me.

Last edited:
Like what sir? My personal experience with my cousins nut as baby momma?

I told my story bc a lot of athletes end up on child support bc they meet these chicks in social setting with alcohol, hard pipe and a phat butt gets them 18 years of child support. And some fools end up with 5 or 6 baby mommas. I started my post off with my cousin being a fool and a sucka.

Last edited:
Like what sir? My personal experience with my cousins nut as baby momma?

I told my story bc a lot of athletes end up on child support bc they meet these chicks in social setting with alcohol, hard pipe and a phat butt gets them 18 years of child support. And some fools end up with 5 or 6 baby mommas. I started my post off with my cousin being a fool and a sucka.
My personal opinion is that Adrian Peterson himself needs to take responsibility for the fact that he's slept with this many women unprotected and doesn't take care of his children.

Someone should really do a 30 for 30 on the Florida Gators teams while Urban Meyer was coach because it's is filled with craziness..

:wow:

Had no clue Ray McDonald went to UF too.. Tebow really might be the second coming if he could somehow keep these dudes out of jail

Geez theres alot bad women out there just like theres alot bad men out ther
No doubt.

I don't believe otherwise.

You didn't tell me though.  What does his story have to do with Adrian Peterson?

Why every time an NFL player gets arrested for domestic violence or is accused of being a deadbeat father do these folks come out the woodwork with stories about every time a women harmed them or a family member in their lives?

Seems to expose some personal issues, to me.

I never discussed Adrian Peterson

I was commenting on keel252 keel252 story

I think you get those stories when there's some questionable circumstances

Ive defended Greg Hardy and Kobe Bryant

Because there wasn't enough proof to classify them as what were being accused of

I don't believe that alot people were defending guys like Darren Sharper, Rae Carruth or Ray Rice after all the evidence has came out

Last edited:
Ray McDonald's parents are adamant their son did NOT attack the mother of his child ... claiming he's a good man whose NFL career has been destroyed by his accuser's lies.

Labrina McDonald tells TMZ Sports she and her husband have spoken with Ray since his domestic violence arrest and he says there's a WITNESS who can prove McDonald never laid a finger on his accuser.

"[Ray's] personal driver witnessed everything that happened. He never touched her."

As we previously reported, Ray's ex-fiancee claims McDonald was drunk and aggressive toward her and their baby during an incident early Monday morning.

But Labrina says her son was NOT the aggressor -- adding, "Ray is never going to hit a woman. He may say some stuff to piss them off, he may kick them out of his house. But he'd never lay his hands on them. We didn't raise him that way."
Ray was arrested for a second time on Wednesday for violating a restraining order when he returned to his ex's apartment. McDonald's father tells us bluntly, "He should not have been there."

Ray's dad says the family knows the reality of the situation -- that Ray will likely never play in the NFL again -- but it could be the best thing for him.

"He can move on from football, develop a business mindset like my wife and I have. He'll be okay. He's going to be successful. He comes from a great family."

"He just needs to get the hell out of Dodge and get his life together."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/28/ray-m...ent-but-his-nfl-career-is-over/#ixzz3bRQxZmUf

righhhhhhhhht :lol:

Why Michael Sam can excel in the CFL

Posted by Jeff Fedontin, May 27, 2015

Though Michael Sam did not play a regular-season down in the NFL, he has the skill set to flourish up north.

“He can be an outstanding CFL rush end,” Jim Popp, Montreal Alouettes vice president, general manager and director of football operations, told NFP.

The Alouettes, who signed Sam on May 22, run an aggressive scheme with a four-man front, which emphasizes pressuring the passer, and employ bump-and-run coverage in the secondary.

Moreover, the CFL has 12 players on each side of the ball, and the extra player is typically a receiver on offense and a defensive back on defense. So, the Alouettes use a 4-3-5 scheme or often a dime look with six defensive backs. Those extra secondary players focus on coverage responsibilities, which will allow Sam to concentrate on pressuring the quarterback.

“There will be times where he has to drop,” Popp said. “But 95 percent of the time he’ll be rushing the passer.”

That should enable Sam, 25, to avoid one of the weaknesses in his game — dropping back into coverage — that prevented him from hanging on with an NFL team.

Sam, however, has a knack for rushing the passer.

In the best conference in the country, he recorded 11.5 sacks and 19 tackles for loss during his senior season at Missouri and was named the SEC’s Co-Defensive Player of the Year in 2013. During the 2014 NFL preseason, he tied for fourth in the league with three sacks.

But the 6-2, 260-pound Sam, who ran a 4.99 in the 40 at the NFL’s veterans combine in March, was knocked by NFL teams for being a tweener — too slow to be a 3-4 linebacker and too small to play defensive line.

The CFL is often a refuge for players deemed to have inadequate speed or size for the NFL. Doug Flutie, who NFL teams rejected because of his 5’10” height, became a six-time Most Outstanding Player in the CFL.

“We don’t get caught up in measurables,” Popp said.

Popp also is not concerned by the fact that Sam is gay.

“Absolutely not,” said Popp, who lauded Sam’s character and leadership. “We see everyone as equal.”

Sam was not only the first openly gay player to be drafted by the NFL, but Popp also said he is the first one in the CFL, and the CFL is embracing his barrier-breaking status.

“The league office is very happy,” Popp said.

Sam has been on the Alouettes’ negotiation list since college.

The CFL has a draft, but it is only for Canadian citizens. Free agents can be placed on a negotiation list of 35 players, a first-come, first-serve, private list only known to CFL teams and the league office.

Noteworthy players who have been on the Alouettes’ negotiation list include Russell Wilson (who was once deemed too short for the NFL and was recruited to N.C. State by future Alouettes coach Marc Trestman), Clay Matthews (a former USC walk-on once considered too slight), Colin Kaepernick (once considered a product of a gimmicky system at Nevada) and Tim Tebow.

CFL teams can take a player off at any time but cannot tamper with someone else’s list. Hypothetically, they could even put high school players on that list, though they cannot negotiate with them or college players until they have declared for the draft or already have spent four years in college.

The Rams drafted Sam in the seventh round (249th overall) in 2014 before releasing him prior to the season. With Chris Long and Robert Quinn holding down a stacked defensive end group, St. Louis may not have been the best fit.

“That was one of the strongest points of that team,” Popp said. “That was (working) against him.”

Receiving playing time with the Alouettes, a vaunted CFL franchise that has made eight Grey Cup appearances in the 21st century, is not guaranteed either. Defensive end John Bowman, the franchise’s all-time leading sacker, leads a deep group.

“The position we’re bringing him into (has) four very good guys,” Popp said.

Sam signed a reported one-year deal, and the Alouettes hold the option for the 2016 season, though Popp often allows his players to move on if they receive NFL interest.

So if Sam can rise up the Montreal depth chart and produce big this year — like former B.C. Lions pass rusher Cameron Wake — he could find himself back in the NFL within a year.

Sam begins his CFL journey at the Alouettes’ rookie camp, which starts Wednesday.

After his NFL campaign focused on how a gay football player would mesh with his team, the narrative now has become whether he can make an impact on the field.

“This young man just wants to be a football player,” Popp said. “He wants to play.”

Follow Jeff on Twitter @JFedotin

Last edited:
“I’m not governed by the fear of what other people say.” “You start chasing perception, you got a long life in front of you, son.” - Chip

Kelly: Great respect for LeSean, however in that situation I think he's wrong...color never been [a factor]

Glen Macnow ‏@RealGlenMacnow · 2m2 minutes ago
Chip called McCoy twice and call was not accepted says a lot -- about McCoy's maturity. A grown man takes that call, even if he's hurt.

I hope Chip succeeds because I love this dude's attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom