NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah thanks, couldn't remember. Will they get a deal done before the season or will Dallas negotiate within the year (Pitt is weird and won't)?

Ah thanks, couldn't remember. Will they get a deal done before the season or will Dallas negotiate within the year (Pitt is weird and won't)?

I can't see how they can't extend him in the year, let him get to free agency and someone will pay big money

Stephen Czarda
‏@StephenCzarda

You can only find these rare cleats in one place in the world -- on #******** S Duke Ihenacho's (@NachoLyfe) feet.

CGG5hcSW0AA93Fk.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

******** safety tapes his cleats to look like Chuck Taylors

Is he on his final year?

His final year was last year. However Dallas can actually franchise Dez AGAIN at the end of this season. But the salary goes up to 15 mill next year if they go that route.

I see a scenario in which Dallas does exactly this. It can work out in the Cowboys favor because if Romo is done after next year, the Cowboys may not see any point in paying big time money for a WR when you have no QB. In a way, it benefits Dez too. He gets 28 mill fully guaranteed for two years and then signs a big deal with another team worth another 35-40 mill guaranteed.

If you're gonna pay him 15mi you may as well give him a big contract, right? Unless you're decided on letting him go. That's huuuuuge money for a WR.

I would be very interested to see what Dez would get on the open market or where he'd want to go. Obviously a great player and I don't think 15+ is worth it for the position but he'd get that and more.

Beginning to get near the end for the Peyton Tom generation of QBs...then Eli, Phil, Tony, Ben are next :frown:

Then Andrew Luck owns the league :lol:

If you're gonna pay him 15mi you may as well give him a big contract, right? Unless you're decided on letting him go. That's huuuuuge money for a WR.

I would be very interested to see what Dez would get on the open market or where he'd want to go. Obviously a great player and I don't think 15+ is worth it for the position but he'd get that and more.

It all depends on where the market is. And that's where the Cowboys don't want to be the first to 'set the bar' which can be a double edged sword. Dez, Demarius and AJ I believe are all in the same boat. Once one team commits, the other team will have an idea of what to negotiate. But it can bite them because then one of the above will make the case of "I'm better than him and he got this." (see Sherman, Patrick Peterson situation).

The crazy thing is the Cowboys can franchise Dez a 3rd time but the salary increases 44.7% or QB franchise tender, whichever is higher :lol:

I wouldn't pay big money for a wide receiver

The one time the Eagles ever came close to accomplishing anything was when they did.

I think you pay good players you drafted early so you aren't paying top of the market prices regardless of position

People thought it was crazy to pay tight ends a lot until Gronk and Chico came along.

The Seahawks have spent as much money and draft picks on pass catchers as anyone in the last 4 years

Last edited:
The one time the Eagles ever came close to accomplishing anything was when they did.

I think you pay good players you drafted early so you aren't paying top of the market prices regardless of position

People thought it was crazy to pay tight ends a lot until Gronk and Chico came along.

The Seahawks have spent as much money and draft picks on pass catchers as anyone in the last 4 years

They got to the Super Bowl without TO and his contract was very favorable hence why he was in the driveway doing sit ups in the offseason

I understand Megatron is getting paid big bucks so you are bias but where's that gotten the Lions?

Didn't you make an argument Stafford's stats were better when CJ was out?

You said big money.

TO was one of the highest paid wide receivers in the NFL when he got to Philly. He just wanted more

What Megatron got was quarterback money.

The Seahawks thought the wide receiver position was important enough to give up a 1st and pay Percy Harvin top of the market value.

Two years later they did it again for Jimmy Graham.

The best run franchises in the NFL keep doing it and they don't even throw the ball like that and dudes on Niketalk saying they crazy

#ntlogic

Last edited:
You said big money.

TO was one of the highest paid wide receivers in the NFL when he got to Philly. He just wanted more

The Seahawks thought the wide receiver position was important enough to give up a 1st and pay Percy Harvin top of the market value.

The best run franchises in the NFL keep doing it and they don't even throw the ball like that and dudes on Niketalk saying they crazy

#ntlogic

That contract was fully backloaded so he wouldn't see that money, Drew Rosenhaus told him not to sign it and he did anyway.

Yeah the Seahawks won without Percy and got rid of him for chump change

Not even sure what your point is because your WR examples favor my argument

#SPlogic

Last edited:
You said big money.

#ntlogic

That contract was fully backloaded so he wouldn't see that money, Drew Rosenhaus told him not to sign it and he did anyway.

Yeah the Seahawks won without Percy and got rid of him for chump change

Not even sure what your point is because your WR examples favor my argument

#SPlogic

The point is good teams pay good players. Wide receivers or whatever.

The best run team in the NFL of late keeps doing it.

Percy Harvin is a head case and if he wasn't he would be a Seahawk. Him leaving had nothing to do with what position he plays.

Yeah, you pay the talent you grow regardless of position. Teams maneuver and do everything under the sun to make sure they keep top flight talent home.

The point is good teams pay good players. Wide receivers or whatever.

The best run team in the NFL of late keeps doing it.

Percy Harvin is a head case and if he wasn't he would be a Seahawk. Him leaving had nothing to do with what position he plays.

So was TO, I'm not talking about other positions have to do with WR

I'm strictly talking about paying wide receivers huge contracts

You gotta define huge.

What Calvin and Fitz got was so far above what any other wide receiver got I agree you don't hands those out. But I would apply that to any position wide receiver or not.

Calvin is my favorite football player of all time but he shouldn't make damn near double what other top flight wide outs get.

However if Dez was totally clean off the field, at his age with the cap about to explode I would have no problems giving him 15 million per.

And Jerry wouldn't either if he trusted him off the field

Last edited:
There's a difference from getting this big name receivers when you have other holes to fill and getting one when your already a contender

The most important part of that Seahawks offense is RB.

The first round pick given up for Percy was the 25th pick in the draft.

The 31st for Graham.

Both tremendous value for their picks.

Naw they gave up a pro bowl lineman AND Jimmy makes waaaay more than even a top 5 draft pick.

What they gave up for Percy was worse because they gave up the pick and paid top of the market value on the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom