NFL/NCAA Feet: '10-'11 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

^
Naw I can understand why Oregons cleats are a bit more custom an modified then the other schools

It's Nike U! The birth place! So even tho the BSUs, TCUs, Miami's, UFs and all the other schools have the exclusive Nike contracts n gear....Oregon has the 1 of 1 Exclusive prototype gear that's a little above everybody else

For example all the pro combat schools get 1 jersey set each year not including bowls....Oregon on the other hand had almost 8 different pro combat sets not including the 3 for the BCS! All that in just the 2010-11 season.....they clearly are in there on lane
I can understand Oregon having more custom stuff too.  I was just disputing the statement that it was bc of speed.

TCU got more jersey sets this year than anyone besides Oregon (and all were pro combat) and wore more combos than anyone besides Oregon.

New Home set (purple top/black pants)
New Road Set (white top/white pants)
New Rivalry Set (black top/frog skin pants)
New Rivalry Top (black for Rose Bowl)

3 helmets:
standard
new rivalry
new set of last year's rivalry (and no, last years' were not reused)

TCU will also be getting another rivalry set next season and ordering a set of alts most likely (black top, purple pants) at least.

Our AD is touring China right now with Phil Knight.

^
Naw I can understand why Oregons cleats are a bit more custom an modified then the other schools

It's Nike U! The birth place! So even tho the BSUs, TCUs, Miami's, UFs and all the other schools have the exclusive Nike contracts n gear....Oregon has the 1 of 1 Exclusive prototype gear that's a little above everybody else

For example all the pro combat schools get 1 jersey set each year not including bowls....Oregon on the other hand had almost 8 different pro combat sets not including the 3 for the BCS! All that in just the 2010-11 season.....they clearly are in there on lane
I can understand Oregon having more custom stuff too.  I was just disputing the statement that it was bc of speed.

TCU got more jersey sets this year than anyone besides Oregon (and all were pro combat) and wore more combos than anyone besides Oregon.

3 helmets:
standard
new rivalry

TCU will also be getting another rivalry set next season and ordering a set of alts most likely (black top, purple pants) at least.

Zeus87, that ad with Vick and that compression top was called the Pro Vent at the time. Nike pushed that and it was one of my fav design elements back in the day and was excited to see Hypercool come out.

Zeus87, that ad with Vick and that compression top was called the Pro Vent at the time. Nike pushed that and it was one of my fav design elements back in the day and was excited to see Hypercool come out.

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

^

3 helmets:
standard
new rivalry

didnt mean to say it was strictly because of a speed based team. but players wore the speed tds because of the low to the groud responsive feel i assume. Cleats with zoom cushioning were rarely used as far as I know. its lighter too. It could be an option for samples they created. Its preference for their preferential players.  Ex. Tebow had Super Speeds with the zoom cushioning which was not released. But im getting off topic now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

^

3 helmets:
standard
new rivalry

didnt mean to say it was strictly because of a speed based team. but players wore the speed tds because of the low to the groud responsive feel i assume. Cleats with zoom cushioning were rarely used as far as I know. its lighter too. It could be an option for samples they created. Its preference for their preferential players.  Ex. Tebow had Super Speeds with the zoom cushioning which was not released. But im getting off topic now
laugh.gif

bullets14 wrote:
jeffgdula wrote:

^

3 helmets:
standard
new rivalry

laugh.gif

I don't get the fascination with Super Speeds.

I like having some sort of Zoom or Air cushioning in my cleats, if I don't  they just feel like Reeboks to me.

bullets14 wrote:
jeffgdula wrote:

^

3 helmets:
standard
new rivalry

laugh.gif

I don't get the fascination with Super Speeds.

I like having some sort of Zoom or Air cushioning in my cleats, if I don't  they just feel like Reeboks to me.

alot of my friends in college who wore vapors in high school now prefer speeds because they said their more comfortable..Like week 1 they would have carbon vapors on, then during the season they all had speeds on

alot of my friends in college who wore vapors in high school now prefer speeds because they said their more comfortable..Like week 1 they would have carbon vapors on, then during the season they all had speeds on

^
yeah alot people dont like the Carbons cause they are soooo tight on your feet and hard to put on

BUT I have found a solution instead of goin a FULL size up just go a .5 size up and cut the tounge ill post pics of what im talking bout

trust me it makes a BIG difference and now im in love wit my Carbons.....I wear ankle braces too

on another note I hit the dude up on ebay who has the BCS Oregon Vapors he said he also has a size 11

he said he is gonna try and get more sizes

^
yeah alot people dont like the Carbons cause they are soooo tight on your feet and hard to put on

BUT I have found a solution instead of goin a FULL size up just go a .5 size up and cut the tounge ill post pics of what im talking bout

trust me it makes a BIG difference and now im in love wit my Carbons.....I wear ankle braces too

on another note I hit the dude up on ebay who has the BCS Oregon Vapors he said he also has a size 11

^^^ Lol way to blow it up. He said the 11 are worn and he wouldn't take an of my buy it now offers and said he is going to maybe list them. They are not for sale yet. He said it would be hard for him to get anymore pairs.

^^^ Lol way to blow it up. He said the 11 are worn and he wouldn't take an of my buy it now offers and said he is going to maybe list them. They are not for sale yet. He said it would be hard for him to get anymore pairs.

not sure if this is relevant but there are air morgans or somethin on nikeid and one of the designs on it is similar to fade design on the new vapors so maybe that is a sign of whats to come

not sure if this is relevant but there are air morgans or somethin on nikeid and one of the designs on it is similar to fade design on the new vapors so maybe that is a sign of whats to come

^

with that way of making more space in the shoes, do you think orthodics would be able to fit rather well in those if i take the stock insole out of them?
I've been thinking of getting 2 pairs of Carbon Vapors when they hit ID for next season/Spring football

^

with that way of making more space in the shoes, do you think orthodics would be able to fit rather well in those if i take the stock insole out of them?
I've been thinking of getting 2 pairs of Carbon Vapors when they hit ID for next season/Spring football

same with me.. I had both the speed tds and vapor carbons, and i had to make the switch to speed tds only for games, and wore my vapors for practice.. speed tds are way more comfortable imo

same with me.. I had both the speed tds and vapor carbons, and i had to make the switch to speed tds only for games, and wore my vapors for practice.. speed tds are way more comfortable imo

They said that Greg Jennings during pre-game had on his usual vapor carbons but he switched to his speed D 3/4's for the game because he had better footing with them

so sickkkk

Back
Top Bottom