NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would've taken Carr over Matt Ryan on the Colts for this season but he wouldn't have done much better than Ryan due to the ineptitude of the offense/management.

Even if you wouldn’t want him, but admit he can bridge you, candidates seem to be:

NYJ
SEA(!)
CAR
NO(!)
WAS
PIT
TEN
IND

And I think Belichick could look at him with their roster and be intrigued. :lol:

Basically got fired on his day off.

While I'm not a fan of his and I understand this is a business and all, but the Raiders telling Carr to take his ball and go home is low key foul.

Mans literally broke his back for them.

That's why I'm always 100% behind players holding out to get theirs because these teams will rid of you with the quickness if you become expendable or cost too much.

Basically got fired on his day off.

While I'm not a fan of his and I understand this is a business and all, but the Raiders telling Carr to take his ball and go home is low key foul.

Mans literally broke his back for them.

That's why I'm always 100% behind players holding out to get theirs because these teams will rid of you with the quickness if you become expendable or cost too much.

Ehhhh I think it probably is best for both sides for the actual reason they listed - to avoid distraction. It’s like filing divorce papers and still living together. Sure it it happens and maybe you can co-exist but why do it if you don’t have to?

I’m glad that we will get to see him someplace else to really gauge his place amongst all QBs, he’s always been one of the strangest to place.

So I’d Adams going to want to stay considering playing with his old college roommate was a big drawing factor for him?

So I’d Adams going to want to stay considering playing with his old college roommate was a big drawing factor for him?
Carr IS the reason he wanted to go to the Raiders. Technically he’s contracted to the team, but who knows what that will look like going forward.

best case scenario, the Raiders are somehow able to draft Stroud, build up the Oline, tag/sign Jacobs, and then you have a rookie QB with Adams, Jacobs, Waller and Renfrow.

It’s possible he doesn’t do anything on another team significant-wise, we just gotta see it to know. Raiders fans maybe want the same.

Dont be surprised if they burn it all down. Isnt the Patriots model is to have a bunch of picks?

As much as Carr is his best friend or whatever, weren't the raiders his squad growing up. That was the other story. I could see him being traded though.

This was brought up on Get Up this morning. I agreed with Dominique Foxworth’s POV which as basically “he got 5/$140 ($65MM guaranteed) and gets to live in Vegas. He’ll be just fine without Carr”

This was brought up on Get Up this morning. I agreed with Dominique Foxworth’s POV which as basically “he got 5/$140 ($65MM guaranteed) and gets to live in Vegas. He’ll be just fine without Carr”
Besides the contract, playing again with Carr was the selling factor. He even said as much.

sb sb & whoever else... 😬😬😬

FB_IMG_1672271855181.jpg

1672282157359.gif

carr needs a competent coach. hope he goes to a place with a competent coach. adams should have stayed in green bay but hindsight is 20/20.

I’m glad that we will get to see him someplace else to really gauge his place amongst all QBs, he’s always been one of the strangest to place.

No guarantees. I really wouldn’t be surprised if retirement is seriously on the table for Carr in the coming months.

Carr kind of became a meme and a caricature, but all the emotion, and cliches, and talk about wanting to be a Raider for life wasn’t 🧢.

And he’s the opposite of Brady. It’s family > football for him. I bet you he’ll have to think hard about spending the majority of the year away from his family, or dragging his young kids somewhere across the country.

And speaking of family, the league and the media ran absolutely wild with Carr’s friendship drawing Adams to Vegas, it made sense, it was easy to run with.

But it seemed obvious to me listening to everything that came out of Adam’s mouth after he arrived that playing with Carr was a nice-to-have, an added bonus.

You actually listen to what Adams had to say about it and it was obvious to me that coming to Vegas was primarily about him being closer to his family in the Bay Area.

He kept emphasizing that repeatedly in interviews. His Grandparents are massive fans and hadn’t seen him play live ball since college because they’re scared of flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom