NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

1675614150078.png

Diggs is elite but after him.....

We almost beat them on the road in the playoffs with Skylar at QB. Then they got a good old fashioned beat down from the Bengals at home. How are they the second best team in the football next year?
They're the 'plucky underdog' who somehow get favored every season at the same time :lol:

They're a bigger media darling than the perennial contenders with a history of winning

The graphic is a comparison of their first 96 and 97 games and their playoff records are identical
Then the graphic is inaccurate, because I remember Peyton getting knocked back then for having success in college but not in the NFL. So no, it wasn't cool when Peyton did it. He was getting blasted, too. 🤷‍♂️

Then the graphic is inaccurate, because I remember Peyton getting knocked back then for having success in college but not in the NFL. So no, it wasn't cool when Peyton did it. He was getting blasted, too. 🤷‍♂️
Nobody on TV was saying manning was asss and that he wasn’t elite

Nobody on tv was saying he should be traded and he’ll never win a Super Bowl

The majority of people were blaming his head coach for not being able to get the team to a Super Bowl

What the Bills have should be enough.

They have a “top 5” QB and good weapons. More than halve the teams in the league would trade what they have to be the Bills.

Nobody on TV was saying manning was asss and that he wasn’t elite

Nobody on tv was saying he should be traded and he’ll never win a Super Bowl

The majority of people were blaming his head coach for not being able to get the team to a Super Bowl
True, no one was saying he was ***. But the Super Bowl-less talk had already started with Marino comparisons. Again, though, how many times had the Colts failed to advance because of something very clearly his fault?

Hypothetically, a QB who throws for 350+ but literally their final 3 throws of the game were pick-6s (ridiculous hypothetical, I know, but it's intentional to make the point), that's clearly on them.

Dak (and Romo) have incredibly impressive bulk numbers but have a handful of playoff games that were clearly on them. Same with Cutler in Chicago. Bulk numbers are the easiest way to remove accountability in sports.

I'm not saying Dak is terrible, either. It's not that polarizing. I'm simply saying there's a legit reason Peyton didn't get as much criticism. Yes, there's also a BS reason.

Different era before rule changes and he played in a tougher conference.

In his division he had:

Jags w/Brunell,Fred Taylor,Keenan & Jimmy
Titans w/ Air McNair & Eddie George

Conference had:
2000’s Ravens
Steelers w/Joey Porter and Polamalu
Raiders W/Rich Gannon
Denver
Pats w/Brady

Different era before rule changes and he played in a tougher conference.

In his division he had:

Jags w/Brunell,Fred Taylor,Keenan & Jimmy
Titans w/ Air McNair & Eddie George

Conference had:
2000’s Ravens
Steelers w/Joey Porter and Polamalu
Raiders W/Rich Gannon
Denver
Pats w/Brady
Manning didn’t play those teams every week :lol:

Rules haven’t changed that much and a lot of the changes were made for Manning so he played under the same rules

Gabe Davis has PERFORMED he’s the reason they almost beat the chiefs last year…. He’s the reason they beat the Dolphins.

Dudes be revising history. Gabe has more playoff TDs than Diggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom