NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Lamar could’ve had Jones contract yesterday if he wanted it. Nothing is apples to apples about their situations at all.

It’s fine that you don’t like Lamar, you think his best football is behind him, etc., but no point in misrepresenting facts. Lamar is seeking a fully guaranteed deal — not what Daniel Jones got. Which won’t even be Top 4 deals given out this offseason.

Huh? Right back at ya...

Jokes have already been made about DJs projected contract in light of Lamar not getting any love. I threw out DJ because he just got his and went on to mention others with actual guaranteed money in handComparing players just in a contractual/transactional sense was apples to apples when separating all else. I'm separating that piece to my opinion of his play.

And do me a favor hit "ctrl F" and point to where I said I don't like Lamar. On the contrary, I mentioned being on him going way back. Your emotions are in this, apparently.

Nothing I said was misleading in any way. My interpretation of apples to apples may not have been articulated well, I'll give you that. I'm simply responding directly to conjecture that was actually posted on this thread. Now knowing you a lawyer, I can see why you went through just 1 post with a fine tooth comb, but it's not resonating on the level you think it is.

Saying I think he peaked does not mean I don't like him. Can I not have an objective opinion? Sheesh. That's straying into typical NT behavior.

Huh? Right back at ya...

Jokes have already been made about DJs projected contract in light of Lamar not getting any love. I threw out DJ because he just got his and went on to mention others with actual guaranteed money in handComparing players just in a contractual/transactional sense was apples to apples when separating all else. I'm separating that piece to my opinion of his play.

And do me a favor hit "ctrl F" and point to where I said I don't like Lamar. On the contrary, I mentioned being on him going way back. Your emotions are in this, apparently.

Nothing I said was misleading in any way. My interpretation of apples to apples may not have been articulated well, I'll give you that. I'm simply responding directly to conjecture that was actually posted on this thread. Now knowing you a lawyer, I can see why you went through just 1 post with a fine tooth comb, but it's not resonating on the level you think it is.
But you’re comparing a dude who still didn’t get what it was rumored he asked for to Lamar, when they’re seeking two entirely different deals. I don’t see what the relevance is? They’re not even in the same stratosphere of success in the league either.

And I’ll clarify — you have been staunchly in the Lamar has peaked and is now on the decline camp. Not that you don’t like him. It’s belittling to the actual points im making immediately go to calling me emotional just because we don’t agree. you’re showing the emotions, my guy.

And I’ve seen you talk about Lamar ad nauseam in here. I don’t really think this 1 post only informs my understanding of what you’ve posted.

But you’re comparing a dude who still didn’t get what it was rumored he asked for to Lamar, when they’re seeking two entirely different deals. I don’t see what the relevance is? They’re not even in the same stratosphere of success in the league either.

And I’ll clarify — you have been staunchly in the Lamar has peaked and is now on the decline camp. Not that you don’t like him. It’s belittling to the actual points im making immediately go to calling me emotional just because we don’t agree. you’re showing the emotions, my guy.

And I’ve seen you talk about Lamar ad nauseam in here. I don’t really think this 1 post only informs my understanding of what you’ve posted.

Bro, in the context of direct opinions and actual posts in this thread PRIOR to Jones signing his contract, which JUST happened btw, is what prompted using Jones in passing (no pun intended).

I dont disagree really with your viewpoint. I've used the same reasoning as to being the only one not on the Lamar train anymore as why folks are coming at me based on emotion.

BUT saying I don't like him directly conflicts with saying it's not an opinion you based devoid of emotion, imo.

Ad nauseum is a stretch. It just appears that way because I'm the only one against the grain on this and I'm responding to quote after quote which proves my point to a degree - folks are upset I don't agree.

You've also been at me a lot more recently I noticed. Maybe it's you that don't like me, but if you put all my posts together in its proper context, I think you'll see where I'm coming from. If you can't, oh well. I don't wanna respond to minutiae thats taken out of context though, so hopefully you don't do that.

Bro, in the context of direct opinions and actual posts in this thread PRIOR to Jones signing his contract, which JUST happened btw, is what prompted using Jones in passing (no pun intended).
I guess. I personally just don’t find the comparison to be compelling at all given the facts
BUT saying I don't like him directly conflicts with saying it's not an opinion you based devoid of emotion, imo.
I clarified that. I def don’t want to misrepresent what you said. Apologize for that
You've also been at me a lot more recently I noticed. Maybe it's you that don't like me, but if you put all my posts together in its proper context, I think you'll see where I'm coming from. If you can't, oh well. I don't wanna respond to minutiae thats taken out of context though, so hopefully you don't do that.
i think you’re reading into that a bit too much. We’ve been talking about this particular event/issue, which clearly we’re both interested in and happen to be on opposing sides on. Have nothing against you. I just don’t agree with your take here

I guess. I personally just don’t find the comparison to be compelling at all given the facts

I clarified that. I def don’t want to misrepresent what you said. Apologize for that

i think you’re reading into that a bit too much. We’ve been talking about this particular event/issue, which clearly we’re both interested in and happen to be on opposing sides on. Have nothing against you. I just don’t agree with your take here

I'm good with this.

Contract talk aside, I'm interested just to see how right or wrong I am when football starts getting played again. That's really all that matters to me - the football.

People keep saying Watson is the first fully guaranteed deal.......wasn't Cousins the first? Didn't he do a 3-4 year fully guaranteed deal a few years back?

People keep saying Watson is the first fully guaranteed deal.......wasn't Cousins the first? Didn't he do a 3-4 year fully guaranteed deal a few years back?

you are correct..

and rodger’s last contact was basically guaranteed too in all but name…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom