NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You also have to remember Cousins was setting franchise passing records and was always available at the time he landed his contract. Lamar hasn’t played a full season in 2 years and production has dropped from his MVP season. That and the perceived elevated risk of his play style.

What I find interesting is Lamar requested a trade on March 2nd. And then the Ravens gave him the non-exclusive tag afterwards. Looks like the Ravens basically gave him what he wanted. Freedom to find a new situation.

Cousins actually hit free agency, that’s the difference

ravens have a level of control still because of the tag

all contracts not being fully guaranteed puts a lot of dudes in a tough spot where it makes it hard to ever pull off an effective strike. If you not one of the top well paid guys with all the endorsements it’s a good chance you can’t afford to miss a check and that’s most dudes in the leagues

Would y’all rather a 5 year, 120 million deal (60 million guaranteed), or a 5 year deal 80 million fully guaranteed??

I feel like it’s doable.

Give me the 5-80 because I’ll probably never reach all the incentives for the 120 million.

I feel like it’s an easy solution. I wonder what’s the percentage of NFL players who actually achieved maximizing their deals. Has to be pretty low.

Explain to me why the NFL have the weakest union among the major sports
Because the physical toll the game takes on the players many guys can't expect to have 15+ year career. If you are in your mid 20s and your career might only last until your mid 30s at best, any missed game checks is a significant deal. The power of a union is directly related to the willingness of the individual union members to hold the line and to sacrifice for a better deal. The MLB has the strongest union followed by the NBA and NHL because even if you are a union member at the lower end of the pay scale if you can play for 15+ years you are willing to sacrifice a year being locked out or on strike to get a better deal. The average NFL player can't take a year without compensation.

My wife is a teacher and they went on strike a few years back. Because all of the teachers went on strike they were able to get a deal cut in a week. The district thought that teachers wouldn't be willing to pay the price of missing out on compensation. This is what every opposing party to unions wants. They want to wear you down so that you take whatever deal they give you. If the individual union members don't fight then there is nothing that can be done.

2c386eec841a97ad4041bd92b3cf74d6.jpg

main-qimg-4f734161974fa2492107bd63fe9cf266-lq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom