NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can admittedly say OBJ isn't what he was but the his signing at that amount + FaceTime screenshot gives me confidence that Lamar will be back next season whether it is on the franchise tender or a long term deal. No way THIS team is paying a WR that much just to have Tyler Huntley throw him the ball :lol:

One crazy thing I heard this morning...In Baltimore's 28 seasons they have NEVER had a Pro Bowl WR :wow: I knew they were historically weak at that position but I didn't realize it was that bad.
That’s pretty crazy. Steve Smith didn’t make it in any of his time in Baltimore?

As long as OBJ can still run, he’s a better option than what they’ve had. It’s not like they need him to catch 100+ balls anyways. Just be a good complement to Bateman/Andrews/Run Game. End of the day all these dudes just need to stay healthy.

Surprised Anquan Boldin never made it.

He was solid AF in Baltimore but he never had a 1,000 yard season while he was there. He was on the 2012-2013 SB team doe :smokin He actually put up better numbers in San Francisco after leaving but part of that is probably system based.

That’s pretty crazy. Steve Smith didn’t make it in any of his time in Baltimore?

Nope. So funny thing is they brought up teams with the longest drought of Pro Bowl WRs and the next closest was The Panthers....Steve Smith in 2011 :lol: He had a really good first season with Baltimore but by the time he got there he was already 35. They really get guys after their primes. Anquan was 30 when they got him. Now they are getting OBJ at 30 after two torn ACLs. This is what they do, I am just shocked at the contract.

Ssssoooooo Lamar to OBJ or nah?

OBJ, Andrews, Bateman, Agholor, Duvernay....not amazing but it's not bad relative to what they've had. that's plenty to work with for Lamar. Huntley on the other hand? maybe not...

As long as OBJ can still run, he’s a better option than what they’ve had. It’s not like they need him to catch 100+ balls anyways. Just be a good complement to Bateman/Andrews/Run Game. End of the day all these dudes just need to stay healthy.
Monken is a solid OC. They should look a lot better than under Roman. But needing dudes to stay healthy in football who have injury history is the most risky bet of them all

Ssssoooooo Lamar to OBJ or nah?
IMG_1425.gif

Huntley with another pick 6

IMG_1391.gif

Monken is a solid OC. They should look a lot better than under Roman. But needing dudes to stay healthy in football who have injury history is the most risky bet of them all
Think they are going to draft another wideout as well. So hopefully enough of those guys can stay somewhat healthy to be more competent than last year’s corps.

OBJ looked really good with the Rams, so he’s not washed unless the injury accelerated him to washed/not recovered well.

OBJ, Andrews, Bateman, Agholor, Duvernay....not amazing but it's not bad relative to what they've had. that's plenty to work with for Lamar. Huntley on the other hand? maybe not...

Leading Baltimore Ravens Receivers since drafting Lamar
2018 (Only started the last 7 games but was 6-1) - John Brown, 715 yards, 5 TDs
2019 - Mark Andrews, 852 yards, 10 TDs
2020 - Marquise Brown, 769 yards, 8 TDs
2021 - Mark Andrews, 1361 yards, 9 TDs (Hollywood Brown had 1008 yards and 6 TDs)
2022 - Mark Andrews, 847 yards, 5 TDs (second was Demarcus Robinson with 4558 yards and 2 TDs :lol: :smh:

Lamar was 45-16 in games he started over that span. This season's group is incredible for what Lamar has had to work with in the past :lol: But health at both QB and WR will be paramount.

I can admittedly say OBJ isn't what he was but the his signing at that amount + FaceTime screenshot gives me confidence that Lamar will be back next season whether it is on the franchise tender or a long term deal. No way THIS team is paying a WR that much just to have Tyler Huntley throw him the ball :lol:

One crazy thing I heard this morning...In Baltimore's 28 seasons they have NEVER had a Pro Bowl WR :wow: I knew they were historically weak at that position but I didn't realize it was that bad.
Derrick Mason

Derrick Mason

Mason had several 1000 yard seasons with Baltimore but he was another WR who brought in at 30+ (he was 31) :lol: Also doesn't help that his QBs were Kyle Boller, Anthony Wright, the ghost of Steve McNair and early career Joe Flacco :lol:

Granted the salary/guarantees were different but the Ravens paying Roquan and now OBJ before paying Lamar is kind of wild :lol:
Yea I'm still pretty shocked that they're the ones that ended up cashing out Odell after his whole offseason nationwide tour :lol:

Maybe they figure that'll make hanging on an playing under the tag for a year a bit more enticing for him.

Think this gives them a better chance at getting back to the negotiation table at some point though but it'd be wild if Lamar just walked his demands back right now just because of Odell :lol:

Nobody should have much expectations for Bateman or OBJ, I’ll be surprised if those dudes play 17 games combined :lol: :smh: …The Ravens just shuffling names at that position like they usually do, getting an older/off injury OBJ is actually the type of move you would expect em to make

The whole WR group needs to be rebuilt from top to bottom, starting with how they even think about that position

That’s exactly why I don’t get why people think the Ravens have leverage over Lamar :lol:. It’s the opposite way
They could barely win a game with the backup QB’s but it’s legit Raven Fans that think they can “just roll with Huntley” or the 3rd string dude because he “got a better arm” :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom