NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't even account for the main piece, Aaron Rodgers. It wasn't just a draft picks swap.
Huh? This purely is about the pick value. I wouldn’t want to give up this value of picks for a QB who basically decides whether he’s going to play on a year by year basis and you have no protections/concessions if he decides he’s done after a year either. Jets had to make a move this week out of desperation

Huh? This purely is about the pick value. I wouldn’t want to give up this value of picks for a QB who basically decides whether he’s going to play on a year by year basis and you have no protections/concessions if he decides he’s done after a year either. Jets had to make a move this week out of desperation

I don't see how you could evaluate only the draft picks part of the trade. What is the value of a win-now roster getting competent QB play? And if he retires, they'll give a 2nd rounder since he won't reach 65% of snaps in 2024.

It's more than I thought they'd have to give but I don't think it's a backbreaking trade if it doesn't work out.

It’s deep playoff run or bust for the Jets. Rodgers maybe had two years max of elite play left, you gotta maximize the value to justify giving up essentially a 1st and 2nd.

I get it it though, that roster is pretty solid

I don't see how you could evaluate only the draft picks part of the trade. What is the value of a win-now roster getting competent QB play? And if he retires, they'll give a 2nd rounder since he won't reach 65% of snaps in 2024.

It's more than I thought they'd have to give but I don't think it's a backbreaking trade if it doesn't work out.
That’s their version of the Jimmy Johnson draft value chart. It’s purely about draft capital.

I think you’re misreading the trade — the 2024 pick is conditional based on playing time for 2023-2024. You give up a first if he plays 65% of snaps this year, which is damn near a guarantee barring injury.

That’s their version of the Jimmy Johnson draft value chart. It’s purely about draft capital.

I think you’re misreading the trade — the 2024 pick is conditional based on playing time for 2023-2024. You give up a first if he plays 65% of snaps this year, which is damn near a guarantee barring injury.

Ah, got it.

As far as the pick value, I understand it & understand teams use it but no team that has the third overall pick is trading it for the picks the Jets gave up. It's like in fantasy football when your friend offers you four players who average 4 points for your guy who averages 16 points. That's not a fair trade even though the average points scored are exactly the same.

Ah, got it.

As far as the pick value, I understand it & understand teams use it but no team that has the third overall pick is trading it for the picks the Jets gave up. It's like in fantasy football when your friend offers you four players who average 4 points for your guy who averages 16 points. That's not a fair trade even though the average points scored are exactly the same.
Yea, but teams definitely have their own pick value calcs or use these well known ones when making trades. EYE personally think it’s a bad trade for the Jets and you still will likely be the 3rd best team in the division and potential wild card team — but y’all were desperate and had less leverage the closer this got to the draft. Couldn’t go out there with Zach Wilson at QB in the fall

not a bad trade. jetes have some good players already and get a vet qb with something to prove. jetes byke.

Love’s gonna have everything set up for him to succeed: not starting until his fourth season, Christian Watson, they probably take another first/second round WR, and A.Jones/AJ Dillon.

I’d be really surprised if he sucked because of all that, but I don’t think he’s gonna be someone we worry about facing twice a year.

What happens with Zach Wilson?
Him and his mom on season 2
milf-manor-tlc-.jpg

What happens with Zach Wilson?

packers should have taken him off their hands...maybe they didnt like the cap hit #

i'm a giants fan that is happy for jets fans.....as a rodgers hater it will be tougher to see him win ring #2 than jets win, finally....

man jets have heck of roster top to bottom.....can't blame them for taking their shot...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom