NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I thought in the new bargaining agreement it was in there that players couldn’t hold out? I thought I remember something like that but I could be wrong

But I thought in the new bargaining agreement it was in there that players couldn’t hold out? I thought I remember something like that but I could be wrong
I don't know if he is considered "holding out" because technically he isn't signed to any team. The Raiders just have contractual rights to him, but since he hasn't signed any contract, he's basically free to do whatever he wants until he signs a contract...

its sad, think a lot of fans just dont get it...the $ situation outside the top guys is just not fair......can't blame these guys trying to get that guaranteed money or as little much of it they can............in the nba you got rookies making 10M+ a year......all pro RB from 2022 NFL season will make less money in 2023 than the NBA #1 pick

its this damn tag, the players really messed up not having it removed or tinkered with

if i were players I would have made it impossible to use the tag twice......RBs probably still get screwed

Last edited:
its sad, think a lot of fans just dont get it...the $ situation outside the top guys is just not fair......can't blame these guys trying to get that guaranteed money or as little much of it they can............in the nba you got rookies making 10M+ a year......all pro RB from 2022 NFL season will make less money in 2023 than the NBA #1 pick

its this damn tag, the players really messed up not having it removed or tinkered with

if i were players I would have made it impossible to use the tag twice......RBs probably still get screwed

It’s CRAZY how so many terrible QBs get large contracts. Even some OLs too. Across the board.

The NFL needs to be more like the NBA. The pay scale should be based on how good you are, NOT your position.

Regardless of position, NBA money is divvied out as such. The NFL still uses the archaic positional system

Case Keenum on pace to make 55 million, Brock Osweiler made 48, Chase McDaniel has made 40 million.

Meanwhile, Dalvin Cook has made 32 million and probably will max out at 45-50 Ms.

Nick Chubb has made similarly. No one will ever remember Keenum or Osweiler.

Last edited:
I mean why would a RB make what a QB does? They’re nowhere near as essential as a QB with how offenses are today and their shelf life isn’t anywhere near as long.

I mean why would a RB make what a QB does? They’re nowhere near as essential as a QB with how offenses are today and their shelf life isn’t anywhere near as long.

they are not talking avg to great QB pay....they are talking even back ups who wont. be a major factor in teams winning games like RBs cook, barkley etc have been have gotten paid....

Giants backup QB and a Backup DT combined will make as much as starting star RB Barkley in 2023 AND he fulfilled his rookie deal. and is NOW on a tag year to year deal........something aint right

how about this rule....you use the tag, ok sure....then not counting against the cap you guarantee that player same dollar for dollar for the next 10 years......ex. barkley 10M. if he does NOT get a new contract after tag is used on him he gets 1M a year for next 10......

AND yes even if he goes to another team.....only way YOU don't pay is if you come to deal following season....

something like this needed to happen, the players need to do better next CBA

Last edited:

Explain to me how Brock Osweiler, Case Keenum, BRIAN HOYER (I know he’s played a while) but 40 million?

Backup QBs, swing o-lineman, plenty mediocre players making big money because of their POSITION. That’s ridiculous.

I don’t care if he’s essential or not, a MEDIOCRE, below average QB should not make more than Dalvin, Saquon, Chubb, etc

He won’t sit out the season.

Osweiler got all the money because the Texans grossly overpaid to get him away from Denver because they were still searching for their QB after Matt Schaubb went on that pick-6 tirade.

Explain to me how Brock Osweiler, Case Keenum, BRIAN HOYER (I know he’s played a while) but 40 million?

Backup QBs, swing o-lineman, plenty mediocre players making big money because of their POSITION. That’s ridiculous.

I don’t care if he’s essential or not, a MEDIOCRE, below average QB should not make more than Dalvin, Saquon, Chubb, etc

Every backup QB you just named has been in the league longer than Dalvin, I’m not sure what’s hard to understand regarding their payments.

Should the best kicker in the league be paid more than a starting RB? No? Why not? It can’t be because their position isn’t as essential…

We all know QBs make money on possible potential. Keenum was living off the Vikings 2017 NFC Championship run with like three teams. Teams will shutter windows on a season to get a QB in the draft they want. It’s just one of those things where you’re worth what they’ll pay you, and RBs are the best in their first four years.

If there’s a plan for a change, it should be that RBs drafted in the first 1-2 rounds make the most on their rookie contracts that they make their entire career.

Every backup QB you just named has been in the league longer than Dalvin, I’m not sure what’s hard to understand regarding their payments.

Should the best kicker in the league be paid more than a starting RB? No? Why not? It can’t be because their position isn’t as essential…

Bro, Keenum signed a 2 year, 36 million dollar contract with 25 guaranteed.

Nick Chubb signed a 3 year 36 million dollar deal. THAT’S a problem

That’s down right appalling. You can’t justify a career backup getting anywhere close to what an all-pro RB gets.

Bro, Keenum signed a 2 year, 36 million dollar contract with 25 guaranteed.

Nick Chubb signed a 3 year 36 million dollar deal. THAT’S a problem

That’s down right appalling. You can’t justify a career backup getting anywhere close to what an all-pro RB gets.
Is that the deal Keemun signed as a starter, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom