NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Running back is considered an expendable position. If you have a decent offensive line, you can find rb talent in the later rounds. Hell I remember the Mike Shanahan Broncos pumping out 1000 yard rusher after 1000 yard rusher.

By all means star running backs get a raw deal on this one, and they should do whatever it takes to secure the bag in terms of guaranteed money when they have the means of doing so. Just don’t pull a Laveon Bell and overplay your hand in that respect. But given that running backs usually tend to have a short shelf life. It doesn’t seem like an appealing position to play in that regard.

If your team isn’t a heavy run team (like the titans for example) there’s no reason to overpay for a RB

Hence why no NFL teams are making that mistake like we’ve seen in the past.

Look at Zeke, dude was a monster and could catch/block on top of running. A few years later now what?

This isn’t the 90s NFL

See the Chiefs since 15 became the starter. 3rd rounder in Kareem Hunt, Damien Williams, Jet McKinnon and now Pacheco who got drafted in the 7th. Not to mention a hodge podge of guys like Charcandrick West, Spencer Ware and Darrel Williams.
I agree with Saquon when he said not every team is the chiefs and not everybody has a Pat Mahomes. A team like them or the eagles are more well rounded talent-wise throughout the team. Not every team is the same. The giants/raiders are nowhere near the chiefs or even the eagles when it comes to overall team talent.

I agree with Saquon when he said not every team is the chiefs and not everybody has a Pat Mahomes. A team like them or the eagles are more well rounded talent-wise throughout the team. Not every team is the same. The giants/raiders are nowhere near the chiefs or even the eagles when it comes to overall team talent.

Exactly. The Patriots and Chiefs are an exception.

Can’t forget the rules changes where receivers can basically get away with everything and DBs can’t touch the receivers. QBs can’t get touched either.

The NFL basically has accommodated the passing game. Like I said years ago, passing has increased but interceptions have gone down. Why? Because you can’t touch receivers.

Well said my brother. Add pass protection too. That’s partly why Zeke got paid and partly why Pollard was more or the pass catcher.

Zeke simply didn’t take care of his body. You can’t tell me Zeke wasn’t out there playing at 240. Heck, maybe 250. He always looked bloated and had bad conditioning. That was all on him.

He was a young rookie. Like 20/21 years old. Ran a 4.4 at the combine. Zeke’s playing weight should’ve been 215

san fran is the perfect example, i wouldnt want either CMC and/or deebo overly getting worked in the running game.. but both would get carries and catches every game

but my biggest thing is to show a specific look and do non-traditional stuff with it.. like say going to 22 and doing shh you would do in 11

but i want to be set with my main guys and have the support guys as gadget pieces.. like having my 2 outside WRs set and my main TE

E3DDF6B2-09A3-4976-B7E3-EA41A7FFE878.jpeg

Is the change because of skills, or rules? QBs throwing for 4500 yards, 35 TDs and only 10-12 INTs.

In the past dudes would have 40 TDs and 22 INTs :lol:

It’s not like the league all of a sudden just became a passing league though. Been going on a decade plus now :lol:

it's wild the heat andy reid took when he first started out with us.. and that was after how prominent and successful all those west coast offense guys were

but while a shh load people watch football, wayyy too much dont get what's actually happening.. and that's beyond fans

it’s multiple things

Like with the NBA, dudes are shooting more 3s at a whole lot younger age

Most of these QBs now along with passing a whole lot more from a younger age.. dudes been doing passing camps and having trainers from a young age

Plus as mentioned rules have changed a whole to protect pass catchers on routes and protect QBs

After Peyton manning/colts cried because of what the pats did to them, shh went to a whole other level beyond the abuse that was allowed by LBs and Ss

But also you got a strike zone for where you can hit a QB.. and that’s with how hard you can hit and tackle them

The run stuffing nose tackle has been devalued. The traditional pocket passer is being phased out. There's like three fullbacks in the league. Blocking tight ends.

It's not just running backs.

We aren’t talking about fullbacks man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are talking about elite RBs who can do it all, not scat backs or 3rd down backs, or average guys. We are talking about the elite RBs

Dexter Lawrence just got signed for 5-90, nose tackle position still getting paid

With the access to more data, some teams are just getting smarter about how allocate resources in a salary capped sport

There are exceptions, but that don’t help everyone else

If you can find a FB, that can get you legit stuff elsewhere then that helps.. but can’t just be a lead blocker

Dexter Lawrence just got signed for 5-90, nose tackle position still getting paid

Lawrence had 7.5 sacks last year. He's not someone like Al Woods, Damon Harrison, Linval Joseph, etc.

If you play DL and can't get to the passer, you're not going to get the big payday & will only see the field situationally. That's just what it is.

Lawrence had 7.5 sacks last year. He's not someone like Al Woods, Damon Harrison, Linval Joseph, etc.

If you play DL and can't get to the passer, you're not going to get the big payday & will only see the field situationally. That's just what it is.

Zero clue how Linval and/or suh were available that late in the season….

Suh maybe age, but Joseph for the reason nick stated. He’s a run stuffer/mostly rotational player now.

Suh maybe age, but Joseph for the reason nick stated. He’s a run stuffer/mostly rotational player now.

I get it.. but we didn’t sign him or suh for big money

Just saying as a role guy for 20 snaps, both got value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom