NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have taken the extension. Can't blame him for wanting to maximize his money but I think the time is done for running backs.

Ball out and stay healthy and hopefully it works out for all.

Embarrassing, pay your star player his value. Schoen trying to nickel and dime the team’s best player and a favorite in the locker room. Saquon should sit and get a media job for a year. Good looking kid and articulate, he’d definitely get a job with all this drama.

Saquon is one of my favorite players but I thought the Giants should have moved on from Daniel and Saquon, full rebuild. This ain’t the way. Third or fourth best team in the division and you pay a QB that most people don’t think is good when you could have spread. Dallas and Philly are so far ahead of us.

Lol Philly yea. They’re coming off a SB appearance. Dallas? Don’t think the gap is as big as your making it.

Do you know they nickel and dimed Saquon? From everything that’s been reported they were offering him to 4 RB guaranteed money. Everything he said was he didn’t want to reset the market, but if you keep going higher than that, that’s what you’re doing. I want Saquon to stay like any other Giant fan, but you’re putting it all on Schoen when it takes two to tango.

The franchise tag value for 1 RB alone is worth more than some RB rooms in the league. That's what makes this discussion/debate so difficult...Leveon Bell also screwed it up because if they hold out for a season, then their career may be a damn wrap if Bell is the bar to measure.

I don't see Saquon or Jacobs holding out into the season...they'll strategically come back at some point during pre-season. $10M ain't something that you can just easily walk away from IMO, when the market is continuing to decline each year.

And Josh Jacobs > Saquon.

At least Saquon got picked 2nd overall. He’s made good money already. Sucks more for Pollard.

Tag hits the hardest for RB. It just means you’ll be even older when you go back to the table.

Dallas is leaps and bounds better than us. Beat us twice last year, had a better record in the division. Better than us on both sides of the ball. Analysts would say we’re closer to Washington than Dallas. Brian Daboll already mentioned missing the playoffs this upcoming season.

The impact this will have on and off the field is gonna be crazy.

Even if he balls out next year I don’t know what he thinks he’s gonna get…

Giants start off 0-4, he could demand 20 mil this year and they could pay it. He could also sign a deal saying they won’t tag him next year. He has options.

Giants start off 0-4, he could demand 20 mil this year and they could pay it. He could also sign a deal saying they won’t tag him next year. He has options.
If they start 0-4 with him though and he’s killing it that might be even more reason not to pay him. Impact wise.

i just don't agree with Ek on the importance of having a stud at the position. it sucks cause it's a position that takes a ton of abuse and has a short lifespan...but it really has become a plug and play type of position in today's game

that said, they absolutely should try and get the most for themselves. i agree with him on that part. and if it is a league wide type of collusion going on between owners/GMs, that's totally ******

Last edited:
If they start 0-4 with him though and he’s killing it that might be even more reason not to pay him. Impact wise.

Giants are gonna have bigger problems than Saquon if they start 0-4. Fanbase has unrealistic expectations, Daniel Jones is no longer that poor kid that got boo’d. People have high expectations for him and the team.

I also think they could go 1-4 or 1-5 with Saquon but that’s why I would have moved on from Saquon and Daniel.

lol no. They wouldn’t pay him 20 mil. No running back is getting that. 14 is the bar. Again, anything above that resets the market. Saquon says he doesn’t want to do that. They were offering 13 a year. It takes two to tango. What it came down to was guaranteed money. They offered him in the area of top 4 RB money.

Scheon inherited a depleted roster and and inflated cap and is supposed to be in somewhat of a rebuild. He’s locked down Jones and Lawrence (feels like the first first round picks we’ve resigned since Eli). Went out and hopefully got our answer at MLB in Okereke and a weapon we haven’t had in Waller. He’s still has to extend McKinney and Thomas. He’s still working on solidifying an Oline. He just added more depth to a secondary that really needed. You’ve kind of throwing shots at Schoen when in reality he’s had to clean up a mess Gettleman left him.

Last edited:
Barkley seemly had a good offer before free agency, his agent blew it. :frown:

this is likely his last season in blue....he will ball out and giants won't even offer contract in 24 -

honestly, the right thing would have been to not tag him - should have let him test market and match if he got offer they could accept. if not, let him walk.....

teams don't do that, why? because they know a team like the bears, texans, panthers would offer more than the tag$

tag is lame

hopefully dude stays healthy gets his pay day in 24....

i cant remember any RB deal that actually was successful for the team.
Elliot , not good and cut
mccaffrey, injured and traded
kamara, i dunno bad i guess
Gurley, cut
Laveon Bell bad

… now discuss the bad deals from other positions as well. Bad contracts are doled out across every position group in the NFL…

Like I said, if the NFL wants to treat RBs as obsolete, get rid of the position the same way it slowly did away with FBs.

Go 5 wide, empty backfield on every play. Problem solved. All offensive skill positions get paid like TEs or WRs

let’s just play the 7 on 7 circuit style of FB.

Last edited:
I hear what you’re saying, except with RBs it seemingly hits them harder and faster than those others for some reason.

Forgot about this :lol:

Mama right here gets me everytime :lol: :lol:

438C08C9-D8D7-4E91-B14C-D0C27B5986C0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom