NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because getting their most valuable years being the rookie contract is the most important part. I understand the emotional/human argument but it’s a business.
Sucks to think about because we like the players and, in many cases, who they present to be as people but if I put on my crass businessman hat I put on when I play Monopoly, I'd do exactly the same.

I wouldn't even draft them in the 1st tbh.

Bijan and Gibbs are about to get 1,000 + touches a piece god willing they stay healthy.

Getting drafted at 21-22 puts you at 26-27 when it's time for that new contract.

Is a GM to then give them a contract that'd pay them big money into their 30s when we know that their play will decline?

Probably not.

If I'm a top RB recruit coming up, I'm hitting the practice field and working on my man coverage or route running from the X cause RB aint it.

A3D960EE-E481-4CEE-9383-6E532FA0AAE2.jpeg

100+ jobs compared to 32 jobs

Top 10 RBs (statistically) from last year (included 11 since one was a QB):

1. Josh Jacobs (Raiders)
2. Derrick Henry (Titans)
3. Nick Chubb (Browns)
4. Saquan Barkley (Giants)
5. Miles Sanders (Eagles)
6. Dalvin Cook (Vikings)
7. Justin Fields (Bears) *
8. Christian McAffrey (49ers)
9. Travis Etienne (Jaguars)
10. Aaron Jones (Packers)
11. Jamaal Williams (Lions)

Of those teams 5 made the playoffs (none of the top 3 did). Such an important position to offense

Top 10 QBs (statistically)

1. Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs)
2. Justin Herbert (Chargers)
3. Tom Brady (Buccaneers)
4. Kirk Cousins (Vikings)
5. Joe Burrow (Bengals)
6. Jared Goff (Lions)
7. Josh Allen (Bills)
8. Geno Smith (Seahawks)
9. Trevor Lawrence (Jaguars)
10. Jalen Hurts (Eagles)

Of the top 10, 8 of them made the playoffs.

So let me ask y’all this, of those 8 playoff teams listed above, if you took their starting RBs away would they still make the playoffs?

If you had their backups in at QB would they still make the playoffs? Just asking since apparently backup QBs aren’t as important as a starting RB per certain NTers

Top 10 RBs (statistically) from last year (included 11 since one was a QB):

1. Josh Jacobs (Raiders)
2. Derrick Henry (Titans)
3. Nick Chubb (Browns)
4. Saquan Barkley (Giants)
5. Miles Sanders (Eagles)
6. Dalvin Cook (Vikings)
7. Justin Fields (Bears) *
8. Christian McAffrey (49ers)
9. Travis Etienne (Jaguars)
10. Aaron Jones (Packers)
11. Jamaal Williams (Lions)

Of those teams 5 made the playoffs (none of the top 3 did). Such an important position to offense

Top 10 QBs (statistically)

1. Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs)
2. Justin Herbert (Chargers)
3. Tom Brady (Buccaneers)
4. Kirk Cousins (Vikings)
5. Joe Burrow (Bengals)
6. Jared Goff (Lions)
7. Josh Allen (Bills)
8. Geno Smith (Seahawks)
9. Trevor Lawrence (Jaguars)
10. Jalen Hurts (Eagles)

Of the top 10, 8 of them made the playoffs.

So let me ask y’all this, of those 8 playoff teams listed above, if you took their starting RBs away would they still make the playoffs?

If you had their backups in at QB would they still make the playoffs? Just asking since apparently backup QBs aren’t as important as a starting RB per certain NTers

The last 10+ years of SB participants have had

Todd Gurley, Fournette, Sony Michel, Joe Mixon, Miles Sanders, Devonta Freeman, Edwards-Helaire, Legerette Blount, Jonathan Stewart, Marshawn Lynch, Rashad Mendenhall, Ray Rice, Reggie Bush… and more.

Those guys were either 1000 yard rushers that super bowl run/season… or at least 8 of those guys were first round picks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, they’re GOOD enough to help your team get to the super bowl but that’s where it stops

Todd Gurley, Fournette, Sony Michel, Joe Mixon, Miles Sanders, Devonta Freeman, Edwards-Helaire, Legerette Blount, Jonathan Stewart, Marshawn Lynch, Rashad Mendenhall, Ray Rice, Reggie Bush… and more.

Those guys were either 1000 yard rushers that super bowl run/season… or at least 8 of those guys were first round picks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, they’re GOOD enough to help your team get to the super bowl but that’s where it stops

All them RBs you mentioned, would they still make it there without them vs without their QBs? I’ll wait

You forgot to mention that:

Herbert had Ekeler
Hurts had Miles Sanders
Lawrence had Etienne
Cousins had Dalvin Cook
Mahomes had Pacheco/Edwards/McKinnon
Goff had jamaal Williams

Despite what you said, those guys relied heavily on the run or threat there of.

Don’t care how you slice it, teams still need the running game. Whether singular or by committee

You forgot to mention that:

Herbert had Ekeler
Hurts had Miles Sanders
Lawrence had Etienne
Cousins had Dalvin Cook
Mahomes had Pacheco/Edwards/McKinnon
Goff had jamaal Williams

Despite what you said, those guys relied heavily on the run or threat there of.

Don’t care how you slice it, teams still need the running game. Whether singular or by committee

I’m not saying the run game isn’t important at all, I’m talking about value/pay. RBs are nowhere near as important to a team as QBs/backups. When’s the last time you saw a run heavy team win the SB?

If Mahomes, Lamar, Hurts, and burrow all got injured, who is more important to the teams success, their backups or the starting RB?

do you think saying a team had success playing a wide receiver at running back helps your argument

Who’s comparing RB pay or value to QBs? Everyone knows the QB position is most important.

No one is saying pay these guys QB money. Some of us are saying just pay them

I do think the pendulum has swung too far the other way on running backs. They more than deserve to get paid. Seems like the only way that will happen again is with a lockout + changes to the CBA that the owners will likely have a hard time agreeing to.

We also have to acknowledge that some positions are just not seen as valuable compared to others. Centers don't make as much money as tackles. Safeties don't make as much as corners. Inside linebackers vs. pass rushers.

Who’s comparing RB pay or value to QBs? Everyone knows the QB position is most important.

No one is saying pay these guys QB money. Some of us are saying just pay them

Bruh y’all have literally been complaining about mediocre QBs getting paid :lol:

A mediocre backup QB is still more important to a team than a RB.

Im not saying they don’t deserve their share but y’all gotta stop with this notion that it’s such an important position to an offense when in reality it’s probably the least or second least important position.

The 90s cowboys lead by Emmit Smith is a thing of the past

The unfortunate thing is that the run block efficiency matters more than the actual running back. It’s hardly like that list was full of NFL superstars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom