NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is why I hate NFL incentivized contracts. The team could literally freeze you out or, say if you’ve clinched early playoff spot. They could sit you out of the last few games.

The extra 17th game actually helps

deadfast-232x180.png

Not paying your best player and most popular teammate in the locker room is a dumb move by the GM. He’s been the face and star of the team since he arrived and not paying him what he’s earned is gonna send a bad message to players.

Who says they’re not going to pay him? There’s a difference between what he should get and potentially resetting the market.

It’s been confirmed he’s not trying to reset the market. The issue is the guaranteed money. Being cheap with Saquon is sending a bad message to your team and fanbase. It’s odd people have an issue with Saquon wanting the most money he can get but no issue with the QB doing the same.

I hope Saquon and Jacobs both sit. I’m always in favor of players taking a stand. This is also nothing like Bell. He got fat and careless, then went to the worst situation possible with an awful coach and team. (Jacobs is somewhat similar cause his head coach is as clueless as Gase)

They were offering 13 a year. Going 14+ resets the market. If anything it’s probably the length of the contract. The guaranteed money is in the $22 mil range which puts him 4th most behind McCaffery, Kamara, and Henry. I like Saquon and want him here long term, but realistically that’s prob around where his guaranteed should fall ($22-25 mil).

It was bad
I’m referencing the situation with josh jacobs :lol:

He’s a big reason they won any games last year. He was injured every game but managed to play through it. Likely due to it being a contract year. I hope he gets some good money, but I can see the reservations as to
why the raiders don’t want to pay him

They were offering 13 a year. Going 14+ resets the market. If anything it’s probably the length of the contract. The guaranteed money is in the $22 mil range which puts him 4th most behind McCaffery, Kamara, and Henry. I like Saquon and want him here long term, but realistically that’s prob around where his guaranteed should fall ($22-25 mil).

Other than Henry, Saquon is more important to his team than the rest of those RB's. Our offense is struggle city when he's not on fire.

i get it…positional value…but it feels wrong playing with saquan, but jumping at the first opportunity to extend daniel jones…we all saw who was more important to the team last year in every game that wasn’t the vikings…

Other than Henry, Saquon is more important to his team than the rest of those RB's. Our offense is struggle city when he's not on fire.
It also didn’t help that we didn’t have a true number one or playmaking threat at WR either. I think McCaffery helps that Niners offense even more so, so not sure it’s just Henry and Saquon.
i get it…positional value…but it feels wrong playing with saquan, but jumping at the first opportunity to extend daniel jones…we all saw who was more important to the team last year in every game that wasn’t the vikings…
You ever seen the Giants offense with a backup QB playing the last couple seasons. I’m not heaping all kinds of praise on Jones, but it was night and day different. As currently constructed - you could even say past constructed - they’re equally important.

You ever seen the Giants offense with a backup QB playing the last couple seasons. I’m not heaping all kinds of praise on Jones, but it was night and day different. As currently constructed - you could even say past constructed - they’re equally important.

that’s every team with a backup…

i’m not saying jones isn’t important, but he’s third on the list imo…daboll first, saquan second…

saquon was fourth last year in touches… it was clear that’s where daboll thought his bread was buttered…

it was pretty apparent he leaned on one way more heavily than the other last year…

that’s every team with a backup…

i’m not saying jones isn’t important, but he’s third on the list imo…daboll first, saquan second…

saquon was fourth last year in touches… it was clear that’s where daboll thought his bread was buttered…

it was pretty apparent he leaned on one way more heavily than the other last year…
Jones rushed for 700 yards as well. Again, there wasn’t a number 1/playmaking threat at receiver last year. All I’m saying is you can argue they’re both equally as important to this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom