NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of those names were less inspiring choices. Fournette only had 367 yards in 13 games that season the Bucs won.

The unfortunate thing is that the run block efficiency matters more than the actual running back. It’s hardly like that list was full of NFL superstars.

Now they got to be super stars??? Y’all moving the goal posts into the river now like them Tennessee Fans?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now they got to be super stars??? Y’all moving the goal posts into the river now like them Tennessee Fans?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
If superstar is the word you want to hang on, a lot of those dudes were mediocre. 1000 yards over 16/17 game seasons really ain’t that impressive. We have so many more metrics to evaluate RBs :lol:

Bruh y’all have literally been complaining about mediocre QBs getting paid :lol:

A mediocre backup QB is still more important to a team than a RB.

Im not saying they don’t deserve their share but y’all gotta stop with this notion that it’s such an important position to an offense when in reality it’s probably the least or second least important position.

The 90s cowboys lead by Emmit Smith is a thing of the past

How many of these mediocre QBs are making the SB or a deep playoff run? I’d rather stack both lines of the ball and pay some WRs and DBs than overpay a mediocre QB.

How many QBs making 30+ a year made the SB in the last ten years besides Brady and Pat? Stafford did it but had a great all around team and coach. Who else?

My problem is people seem to have no issue overpaying mediocre QBs and average QBs that don’t make the playoffs and say well it’s QB but can’t pay the top tier RBs 25-30 guaranteed. Why are you paying these people so much to not win it all or even make the SB, this formula isn’t working.

Browns in all white is perfect, look amazing.

Don’t think that question can be asked considering the way the QB market/value of contracts has changed in less than a decade. I mean Burrow is going to get paid that here soon and has been to multiple Conference games and a SB. Goff got his deal the year after he went to the SB.

Bruh y’all have literally been complaining about mediocre QBs getting paid :lol:

A mediocre backup QB is still more important to a team than a RB.

Im not saying they don’t deserve their share but y’all gotta stop with this notion that it’s such an important position to an offense when in reality it’s probably the least or second least important position.

The 90s cowboys lead by Emmit Smith is a thing of the past
I don’t disagree. I’d just rephrase it to say teams can get better offensive production and value spending more on other positions. A yard is a yard at the end of the day no matter how much you spent to get it.

Looking at the past 3 Superbowls, 4 of the 6 participants were in the bottom third in terms of positional spending on RBs. And the Bucs were in the bottom half during their SB run. Its a copycat league and unfortunately teams have determined the RB position has the worst ROI.

How many of these mediocre QBs are making the SB or a deep playoff run? I’d rather stack both lines of the ball and pay some WRs and DBs than overpay a mediocre QB.

How many QBs making 30+ a year made the SB in the last ten years besides Brady and Pat? Stafford did it but had a great all around team and coach. Who else?

My problem is people seem to have no issue overpaying mediocre QBs and average QBs that don’t make the playoffs and say well it’s QB but can’t pay the top tier RBs 25-30 guaranteed. Why are you paying these people so much to not win it all or even make the SB, this formula isn’t working.

Browns in all white is perfect, look amazing.

Yet the top 3 RBs were on teams that didn’t make the playoffs. So why do they deserve 25-30 guaranteed again?

Jeff Hostetler and Nick Foles are one in a million….

NO ONE IS GEEKED on a Sunday to watch Chad Henne, Justin Tucker, Brian Hoyer, or Chase Daniels.

No one is buying a ticket saying “I hope Chad Henne shows out today!!!”

Those guys are not generating the attention that D. Henry, Chubb, Dalvin, McCaffrey, Saquon, Jacobs, etc.

Stop the lies. Again, these RBs are in NFL highlight reels, marketed, big portion of jersey sales, big part of some of these teams branding…. But can’t get a piece of bread :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet Saquon is on the front page of every NY Giant season catalog :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet the top 3 RBs were on teams that didn’t make the playoffs. So why do they deserve 25-30 guaranteed again?

Mediocre QBs are making that in one year. These RBs are getting that over 3-4 years.

Titans are overpaying a mediocre QB.
Raiders had a horrible defense, overpaid mediocre QB and the worst HC in football.

Could the Titans and Raiders been better if they took that QB money and paid AJ Brown and got the Raiders more help on defense???

Mediocre QBs are making that in one year. These RBs are getting that over 3-4 years.

Titans are overpaying a mediocre QB.
Raiders had a horrible defense, overpaid mediocre QB and the worst HC in football.

Could the Titans and Raiders been better if they took that QB money and paid AJ Brown and got the Raiders more help on defense???

Bro, Carr is 63-79 and on pace to make 285 million. CRAZYYYYYYY

Tannehill missed 5 games, Deshaun Watson played like 7 games… Derek Carr Derek Carr’d all season…….

But those are the best 3 backs, they should be able to carry the team, no?

Again, why pay them $25-$30m if they aren’t carrying their team to the playoffs?

Y’all can’t have it both ways and say non playoff QBs shouldn’t get paid and non playoff RBs should.

NO ONE IS GEEKED on a Sunday to watch Chad Henne, Justin Tucker, Brian Hoyer, or Chase Daniels.

Those guys are not generating the attention that D. Henry, Chubb, Dalvin, McCaffrey, Saquon, Jacobs, etc.

Stop the lies. Again, these RBs are in NFL highlight reels, marketed, big portion of jersey sales, big part of some of these teams branding…. But can’t get a piece of bread :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet Saquon is on the front page of every NY Giant season catalog :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lawd now we are talking about marketability and not on field importance :lol: I’m sure when they’re discussing contracts they say “you were on 11 ESPN clips so we are going to give you an extra $500k”

What were you saying about moving goal posts?

But those are the best 3 backs, they should be able to carry the team, no?

Again, why pay them $25-$30m if they aren’t carrying their team to the playoffs?

Y’all can’t have it both ways and say non playoff QBs shouldn’t get paid and non playoff RBs should.

We can name PLENTY RBs from the past who are SB MVPs and carried their teams to the SB but then y’all are going to say the game is different and that was the past. See what I mean?

I would mention Marshawn but again, you new rules, new game, new styles of play guys are dismissive so it’s pointless

Lawd now we are talking about marketability and not on field importance :lol:

What were you saying about moving goal posts?

So marketing doesn’t help generate REVENUE that these guys seem to not be allowed to get a piece of? But mediocre guys are more deserving??

Marketing and on field performance goes hand in hand. Draymond Green is statistically mediocre and borderline a scrub, but TELL me the NBA has made millions off marketing his image and personality. It definitely is a factor

When those London and international games are played, a guy like Saquon is marketed heavily

If you were running the Giants, what deal would you give Saquon?

So marketing doesn’t help generate REVENUE that these guys seem to not be allowed to get a piece of? But mediocre guys are more deserving??

Marketing and on field performance goes hand in hand. Draymond Green is statistically mediocre and borderline a scrub, but TELL me the NBA has made millions off marketing his image and personality. It definitely is a factor

When those London and international games are played, a guy like Saquon is marketed heavily

Their marketability literally has zero impact on their contract. You can go to a game and see a damn OL screaming on a ticket stub, you trying to throw him an extra $500k for that?

s-l1200.webp
Marketability!

If you were running the Giants, what deal would you give Saquon?

I’m moving on from Daniel and Saquon. New GM, HC and roster. Just gave Daniel 41 mil and Vegas has us winning 6 games and missing the playoffs in the weak *** NFC.

If I’m trying to do a half *** rebuild, I’m giving Saquon 25-30 guaranteed for the next three years. Supposedly the Giants weren’t breaking 20 guaranteed. Figure out the “total number” later.

He’s our best player, our captain, his teammates love him, he does mad **** on and off the field.

Not to mention they take arguably the worst beating. That alone is enough to pay em more imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom