NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I’ve heard they should get paid more because of marketability and now because they take so many hits

Do y’all really think GMs would ever take those things into consideration? Serious question

So far I’ve heard they should get paid more because of marketability and now because they take so many hits

Do y’all really think GMs would ever take those things into consideration? Serious question

GM positions have more turnover than the very same position we’re discussing. A lot them aren’t credible. There are only like 8-10 good GMs in the NFL at any given time.

Dudes be fired after 2 years

GM positions have more turnover than the very same position we’re discussing. A lot them aren’t credible. There are only like 8-10 good GMs in the NFL at any given time.

Dudes be fired after 2 years

GMs, owners, investors, drug dealers who fund owners, whoever you want to bring into it that pays players. Do you think they look at a player and say “Wow he’s really marketable and takes a lot of hits, we should pay him more”?

Deebo smart as hell.

Cause he’s a RB playing WR out there but got himself WR money :lol:

All RBs should do this. Abandon the position.

Problem is, as a child coming up,everyone wants to play running back since you always get the ball.

Derrick Henry coulda been playing DE and made double the money.

Could y’all imagine someone with Saquon dimensions playing WR?

Make it 7 on 7 at this point.

Are we not going to talk about Barkley only having two good seasons in the NFL? And one since 2018?

How many good seasons has Daniel Jones had? How many full seasons has he played?

One good season he played every game that season.

Better basically have an out after year 2. At that point, you’re probably giving them 2/30gtd

2/30 is fair for your best player. Giants aren’t making the playoffs last year without Saquon.

It’s a contact sport, players get hurt. You can’t make that excuse when you just gave a QB with an injury history 41 a year.

Now your HC is gonna be asked daily about Saquon, Daniel is finally gonna have to deal with that “NY media” people always talk about. Every show today has started with, Daniel should have took less and got too much and now his best player might not be there. Ex players have come out said players look at management funny when they stiff their best players. Overall, horrible look for this team.

How many good seasons has Daniel Jones had? How many full seasons has he played?

I would have tried to move off Jones years ago, let alone get to a point where you're facing a decision on an extension.

Saying "Well we gave Jones x amount of money so now we have to do the same for Saquon" is just compounding a mistake.

Nah.

The players left the tag in last CBA so imma use it.

I’d tag him until kingdom come.

I would have tried to move off Jones years ago, let alone get to a point where you're facing a decision on an extension.

Saying "Well we gave Jones x amount of money so now we have to do the same for Saquon" is just compounding a mistake.

Overpaying him when he had very little interest from other teams was another mistake. Let’s say you gave Daniel 30 a year and no one matched it. You can easily pay Saquon and a couple more players.

One good season he played every game that season.

2/30 is fair for your best player. Giants aren’t making the playoffs last year without Saquon.

It’s a contact sport, players get hurt. You can’t make that excuse when you just gave a QB with an injury history 41 a year.

Now your HC is gonna be asked daily about Saquon, Daniel is finally gonna have to deal with that “NY media” people always talk about. Every show today has started with, Daniel should have took less and got too much and now his best player might not be there. Ex players have come out said players look at management funny when they stiff their best players. Overall, horrible look for this team.
I wouldn’t have re-signed Jones but I understand the reasoning. If he’s even average or slightly above average, you have to re-sign him especially if you can get him on a friendly-ish deal given the current market.

I think they’re resigning of Jones shows more faith in Daboll’s play calling than anything.

A3D960EE-E481-4CEE-9383-6E532FA0AAE2.jpeg
If you got a J Tucker type kicker, definitely should pay them more than a RB…It’s a more stable long term investment

The only way Running Backs will get paid more is if they agree to have their contracts be short term…Re negotiate every 2-3 years, if they legit they keep making more bread till they like 30 and if they not or hurt teams can move on without much dead money going in the future

This will squeeze out the mediocre and back up runners tho, they’ll get nothing but 1 year deals

This debate is going nowhere in here.

The NFL is a passing league. Full stop. The fact of the matter is the majority of rbs are interchangeable and widely available. So their value is stagnant, if not decreasing. However there are outliers that deserve pay bumps and I believe Saquon to be one of them. What goes against him is that the dude can’t stay healthy. So I agree with frshstunna frshstunna that the ultimate solution is gonna be shorter incentive laden contracts for RBs for the foreseeable future.

The QB market and the RB market are not remotely the same at this point. We can’t keep comparing what a QB and what RB get now.

Not to mention that QB contracts keep skyrocketing while the cap doesn’t keep up proportionally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom