NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, the only team in the NFL that even had a black GM AND Coach was racially motivated to fire him.

Then hired another black man as coach to replace him.......*

* I know this is a smidge of a stretch etc

CP, you're my guy but do you really believe this? They were releasing 23 and me reports for McDaniel to say he was Black so they couldn't be racist.

Screenshot_20220930-202217.png

👍

The team can’t clear a player from concussion protocol, the independent neurologist has to clear them to avoid pressure from the team getting them back in. The bad thing I feel about all of that is are they really able to thoroughly check for concussions while not going to a hospital? When I had one in high school all they did ask me questions and check my eyes before sending me to the hospital. Seems a player could easily lie and say they’re fine to get back out there

Screenshot 2022-09-30 114903.png

Screenshot 2022-09-30 114910.png

Screenshot 2022-09-30 114916.png

Screenshot 2022-09-30 114922.png

Screenshot 2022-09-30 114928.png

As usual, folks have to explain basic stuff to sudden experts. This is Covid all over again. :lol:

He was cleared DAILY, by MULTIPLE Doctors, not employed by the Miami Dolphins. If he's cleared, and he shows no symptoms thru various multiple tests, and he's saying he feels fine, you want, what? To sit the player anyways?

A whole *** hospital kicked him out inside an hour and put him on an airplane, they must be on the payroll too. :smh:

All this pearl clutching. :lol:

This just in: non-doctor twitter user who is clutching pearls about people speculating on a head injury would like other non-doctor twitter users to stop speculating about said head injury while he simultaneously speculates about said head injury

teams hire their "independent" head doctor?!?! :rofl: :rofl:

they was SO confident about the team doing things right :lol:

Does Tua get a check out of this?

2 concussions that close to one another

And that’s on top of the ones from college and high school.

teams hire their "independent" head doctor?!?! :rofl: :rofl:

they was SO confident about the team doing things right :lol:

part of the problem is the NFL making this whole thing so convoluted, probably to protect themselves.

there's apparently a UNC and also an INC.(could also be the same person)

Independent Neurological Consultant (INC).

The INC is an impartial and independent neurotrauma physician, and must be board certified or board eligible in neurology, neurological surgery, emergency medicine, physical medicine and rehabilitation, or any primary care CAQ sports medicine certified physician and has documented competence and experience in the treatment of acute head injuries). Each Club must designate at least one INC at the start of the League Year, which must be approved by the NFL Chief Medical Officer and NFLPA Medical Director. For the avoidance of doubt, a UNC may also serve as an INC. Neither a UNC nor an INC may have any affiliation with an NFL team.

Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant (UNC)

A UNC shall be a physician who is impartial and independent from any Club, is board certified in neurology, emergency medicine, physical medicine and rehabilitation, or any primary care CAQ sports medicine certified physician or board eligible or board certified in neurological surgery, and has documented competence and experience in the treatment of acute head injuries. UNCs are appointed by the NFL Head, Neck and Spine Committee in consultation with the NFLPA Mackey-White Committee and approved by the NFL Chief Medical Officer and the NFLPA Medical Director, and have undergone formal UNC training provided by the NFL and NFLPA. At each game, each Club will be assigned a UNC to be present on its sideline.

and there's also this caveat.

For the avoidance of doubt, the responsibility for the diagnosis of concussion and the decision to return a player to a game remain exclusively within the professional judgment of the Head Team Physician or the Club physician designated as responsible for the diagnosis and management of concussion.

all of this is taken from the NFL site regarding their protocols.

So the team physician essentially has carte blanche to allow a player to return to the game regardless of what the INC/UNC say? WOW!!

Like i said before, the NFL’s protocols suck & so does goodell. They will suck every single ounce of oxygen out of a hurt player all for the business. Man, i feel for these players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom