NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
bu bu but i thought the "tWiTTeR dOCtoRs wEre aLL sTuPId".....

:lol:
ezgif-2-ad681e960b.gif

Where are the Tee Higgins internet doctors at?

Or the Herbert ones?

Harbaugh sure had a mouthful to say.....but he forgot about putting Lamar back in a game after a concussion?

Everyone nervous and concerned about all the pills and needles that will be used tomorrow morning across the league? 👀

I'm not even sure what you're pushing back on.

Don't we all agree this is a systematic issue with the league or did I miss something?

I absolutely agree the league will kill every one of these players. As they always have, for 75+ years. (No I have not watched all of those....)

And the reason they do that is.......us. 100% unequivocally us.

We consume it and pay billions to do so.

The point that “none of us care” because you said that you don’t care is stupid to me. Obviously the vast majority of us agree that this whole situation was wrong. Without fan outrage, you don’t get the changes that we see. Stuff like that absolutely matters. Backwards logic to not think it does.

But you were defending the professionals previously when Stevie Wonder could’ve told you Tua was concussed. Now the dude who goofed up during this whole thing is fired and the league has agreed to entire changes of the concussion protocol. Don’t think you need to be a neurosurgeon to see that this was handled awfully.

what a spin job, man :lol:

so tua gets up from smacking his head and is stumbling and falls down. fans are in disbelief when he gets sent back in the game. start questioning things. those fans get called stupid and "twitter doctors"

tua plays 4 days later and gets his brain scrambled again. the same fans start questioning things again and saying the league/team has let tua down. same fans get called stupid and "twitter doctors" yet again

NFL looks to change protocols because clearly the situation was handled incorrectly

people who called those fans stupid now changing the narrative that it's "fake concern" because we all still watch week in and week out

am i getting that right? :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah I don't get the no one cares angle including "us". Is there middle ground for people to understand the risk of the game, enjoy it but also see the same players we root for to have these risk mitigated in ANY capacity.

These kind of discussions don't need to be as black and white and choosing a side imo

I absolutely agree the league will kill every one of these players. As they always have, for 75+ years. (No I have not watched all of those....)

And the reason they do that is.......us. 100% unequivocally us.

We consume it and pay billions to do so.
So is it watch it and shut up and don't watch it at all if you criticize anything about it?

Or if you do make a complaint make sure you mention every instance of malpractice every single time another one pops up that got more PR so a fanbase doesnt feel "attacked"?

Like I feel like WE should all be on the same page on this. You can care, the league screwed up, our own teams we cheer for screw up. We can ask for better

This man really used Justin herbert like we all wasn’t in here talking about Tyron’s doctor still being employed

But you were defending the professionals previously when Stevie Wonder could’ve told you Tua was concussed. Now the dude who goofed up during this whole thing is fired and the league has agreed to entire changes of the concussion protocol. Don’t think you need to be a neurosurgeon to see that this was handled awfully.

No, Stevie Wonder can NOT tell you who was concussed.

For one, he's not a Doctor, for two he didn't examine him.

The Independent Dr has been fired for whatever mistake he made and being argumentative with being questioned.

And the hit Thursday could have EASILY been a concussion even if Sunday's hit never happened.
But there's zero way to prove correlation. Just millions of people who assume it one way without any actual knowledge of the tests, the results or the previous history.

Every player is scanned before the season and that's compared when being tested to see if there are irregularities. If his tests were clean, he's still supposed to be held out cuz Twitter says so from their couch?

If his tests were NOT clean, then you can drop the hammer on them.

We can ask for better

Ok.

So if his tests truly show up clean, he still has to sit anyways cuz Twitter saw him wobble?

This is what McDaniel was tryin to get across. If the Dr says he's clean, his tests are clean, coach is supposed to override the Dr and sit him anyways? So then when would he play?

The point that “none of us care” because you said that you don’t care is stupid to me. Obviously the vast majority of us agree that this whole situation was wrong. Without fan outrage, you don’t get the changes that we see. Stuff like that absolutely matters. Backwards logic to not think it does.

So you disagree with Tee Higgins playing Thursday?

He had a concussion a couple weeks ago and got demolished by the Jets. Forget the tests, right? We all SAW the hit. WE don't need to hear what a Doctor said. Right?

what a spin job, man :lol:

so tua gets up from smacking his head and is stumbling and falls down. fans are in disbelief when he gets sent back in the game. start questioning things. those fans get called stupid and "twitter doctors"

tua plays 4 days later and gets his brain scrambled again. the same fans start questioning things again and saying the league/team has let tua down. same fans get called stupid and "twitter doctors" yet again

NFL looks to change protocols because clearly the situation was handled incorrectly

people who called those fans stupid now changing the narrative that it's "fake concern" because we all still watch week in and week out

am i getting that right? :lol:

Said fan is also a WW2 vet that is tired of da wheenyfication of the NFL.

Ok.

So if his tests truly show up clean, he still has to sit anyways cuz Twitter saw him wobble?

This is what McDaniel was tryin to get across. If the Dr says he's clean, his tests are clean, coach is supposed to override the Dr and sit him anyways? So then when would he play?
Everything I'm saying is based off what we know today. I wasn't jumping to anything prior to today and even then I'm still not. My first post was about how the league looks dumb on this because they partially admitted to some oversight

What we know is the league doc messed up. Now we need to see how the team decided to move forward on this to see their culpability on this as well or if they're clear due to the league's sketchy policy

I haven't even mentioned Mcdaniel. He had the goofy quote about watching the movie on the flight but this is obviously an issue that outranks him

So you disagree with Tee Higgins playing Thursday?

He had a concussion a couple weeks ago and got demolished by the Jets. Forget the tests, right? We all SAW the hit. WE don't need to hear what a Doctor said. Right?
Your argument style is heavy on whataboutism. Tee Higgins had a concussion and went into concussion protocol, then was cleared to return. I was at the Jets game and remember him taking a big hit — can’t remember if he was evaluated or not, but I don’t fully remember the details of that to make a clear response here.

But explain, how does that situation at all compare to Tua wobbling when he got up last week and trying to shake the cobwebs away, which are some notable signs of a concussion. The NFL has quickly admitted that they’re wrong in this situation by immediately changing their concussion protocols. What exactly are you arguing here?

And the hit Thursday could have EASILY been a concussion even if Sunday's hit never happened.
Sure, but the Sunday hit did happened and it was handled wrong, yet you’ve been in here trying to defend it all week :lol:. I trust in science and doctors — but when a dude is wobbling like he can’t even stand up straight and also shaking cobwebs out of his head, then they try and tell us that he has a back injury then we’re supposed to just believe that?
No, Stevie Wonder can NOT tell you who was concussed.

For one, he's not a Doctor, for two he didn't examine him.

The Independent Dr has been fired for whatever mistake he made and being argumentative with being questioned.
so the dude who examined him was wrong and all of the “Twitter doctors” were right in this case? It’s almost as if it was extremely obvious that Tua was concussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom