NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No you don't.

None of us do.

Speak for yourself.

I wouldn’t be watching the NFL if they hadn’t implemented more player safety protocols, and clearly they still have a lot more to do. Guess where these measures came from? Pressure from fans, families, and former players themselves.

@&$@ that caveman mentality that you and all these other unathletic “fans” have, probably sitting around complaining about how soft players are getting and reminiscing about the days players could just fly into each others helmets.

Speak for yourself.

I wouldn’t be watching the NFL if they hadn’t implemented more player safety protocols, and clearly they still have a lot more to do. Guess where these measures came from? Pressure from fans, families, and former players themselves.

@&$@ that caveman mentality that you and all these other unathletic “fans” have, probably sitting around complaining about how soft players are getting and reminiscing about the days players could just fly into each others helmets.

So you're advocating for the league to ban Toradol, and all other needles stuck into players week after week as well as pain pills they all hop up on in order to play 5 months straight?

You want all that banned, right?

So you're advocating for the league to ban Toradol, and all other needles stuck into players week after week as well as pain pills they all hop up on in order to play 5 months straight?

You want all that banned, right?

Yes, I don’t want players to be injected with harmful drugs for my entertainment. If it means rotating players more often, giving more time off between games, etc. I’m all for it.

I’m not one of those people whose lives revolves around sports, and I’m not entitled to the point where I demand someone to just suck it up and entertain me. That’s some bull @$&@ like those Indianapolis fans were on with Andrew Luck.

I don’t understand why you think that no one would think that way just because YOU don’t care.

Yes, I don’t want players to be injected with harmful drugs for my entertainment. If it means rotating players more often, giving more time off between games, etc. I’m all for it.

I don’t understand why you think that no one would think that way just because YOU don’t care.

Because I don't believe you'll be tuning in for Chase Daniel vs Taysom Hill when players are unavailable and can't last 4-5 months cleanly. NFL would need 80 man rosters to make it week to week without those drugs.

Because I don't believe you'll be tuning in for Chase Daniel vs Taysom Hill when players are unavailable and can't last 4-5 months cleanly. NFL would need 80 man rosters to make it week to week without those drugs.

You really think I’m going to cry about this? Please stop projecting your own mentality onto me. Again, players don’t owe me, some random person they have never met in their lives, anything. If they feel the need to sit out games for whatever reason, they have the right to do so. I HATE fans who call in sick for a headache but then expect their severely injured players to suit up and entertain them.

My team’s rookie QB just had a season ending injury and I 100% feel bad for him. Now I have to watch a mediocre backup throw 928383 tipped passes a game again, but whatever, I’m still going to support my team.

Maybe YOU don’t feel that way, and that’s on you. Just stop telling everyone else that they don’t care, how is that hard to understand?

You really think I’m going to cry about this? Please stop projecting your own mentality onto me. Again, players don’t owe me, some random person they have never met in their lives, anything. If they feel the need to sit out games for whatever reason, that’s completely on them.

My team’s rookie QB just had a season ending injury and I 100% feel bad for him. Now I have to watch a mediocre backup throw 928383 tipped passes a game again, but whatever, I’m still going to support my team.

And I do the same. I'll watch week after week too. But my point is, you're watching all these players BECAUSE they are on some type of medication to play each week.

If that was gone, none of these players would survive full seasons. It would be a lesser XFL level of football. Gambling, Fantasy, and just plain interest would wane watching lesser players.

That's why these players take the needle. They need it to be out there and keep their jobs and keep that money flowing in. It's why the NFL does what it does.

Tua needs to sue

zero clue why anyone would be defensive over the dolphins when we literally found out couple months ago that the team’s owner tried to pay the head coach to throw games

CP has a lot of good points, but his reputation precedes him. It's impossible to argue an isolated situation versus a systemic root that may have allowed it to happen in the first place, when no one can agree on a baseline.

Back to 1 Sunday ago...Tua having a concussion can only be an assumption, conjecture...whatever. Seeing a player wobble like that, previous history suggests concussion, but that doesn't prove Tua had one. It's not out of the realm of possibility that his back and ankle were jacked, he gets rocked and is in pain, embellished a bit by shaking his head, I don't know. I'm not calling it one way or the other...but a doctor cleared him. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Now, if we want to transition to the systemic nature of the NFLs transgressions in protecting the shield at all costs and then conflate that into their concussion protocol, that's an entirely different issue(s).

If it comes out that Tua had a concussion and was let back in, then release the hounds, but as CP said, right now, it's all conjecture and exacerbated by what happened Thursday. 100%.

I don't know how many times I gotta see this thread go bonkers over something so certain and vehemently until the facts come out and everyone shifts goalposts.

Last edited:
I'm not calling it one way or the other...but a doctor cleared him. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Going to analogize this in a American legal context because I think that it’s the best way to describe how I see this.

For civil cases, the standard for the burden of proof analysis is preponderance of evidence. For criminal cases, most people know that to convict you need to know that someone is guilty “beyond reasonable doubt”. Preponderance of evidence could literally be 50.01% certainty to 49.99% certainty. The NFL has proven time and time again that we should judge their actions based on the preponderance of evidence. Which is why even if Tua was cleared — as we consider the totality of circumstances it’s incredibly difficult for me (and seemingly many other people) to trust them here. And even more so why it’s tough to take CP’s stance seriously, given how fiercely he’s defending an organization/league so hard who both have given us zero reason to trust or believe their word.

Which is why even if Tua was cleared — as we consider the totality of circumstances it’s incredibly difficult for me (and seemingly many other people) to trust them here.

Exactly?

It's still conjecture and conflating a single incident with an overall sentiment. Sentiments aren't facts.

I'm not arguing for one outcome or the other. Pragmatically, there's definitively nowhere we can go with that one incident until the facts are known.

If Tua didn't have a concussion, the NFL still isn't a trustworthy enterprise; however, even though we both arrive at the same overall conclusion, one way pragmatically gets to the core issue by curating the circumstances, the other promulgates by the obfuscation of sheer sentiment.

Last edited:
preponderance
totality
Pragmatically
promulgates
obfuscated
40-year.gif

This discourse has became a talking past each other event at this point

Let ppl die on the hills they want to die on and enjoy Kirk Cousins vs. Ginger Kirk Cousins in a few hours folks

preponderance
totality
Pragmatically
promulgates
obfuscated
40-year.gif

This discourse has became a talking past each other event at this point

That's why I decided to jump in. :lol:

I have come to the conclusion - and I have long said NT is a microcosm of the world around us - that the majority of people intrinsically seek confirmation bias and have a hard time ruminating on information to the contrary. No one listens and on the same token, we have a hard time separating ourselves from the noise around us.

I'm trying to bring the people together. Can I count on your vote next election? :lol:

No, no he doesn’t.

I believe he does.

And at this point, I don't think either side is right because we don't have enough information to confirm that.

Going to analogize this in a American legal context because I think that it’s the best way to describe how I see this.

For civil cases, the standard for the burden of proof analysis is preponderance of evidence. For criminal cases, most people know that to convict you need to know that someone is guilty “beyond reasonable doubt”. Preponderance of evidence could literally be 50.01% certainty to 49.99% certainty. The NFL has proven time and time again that we should judge their actions based on the preponderance of evidence. Which is why even if Tua was cleared — as we consider the totality of circumstances it’s incredibly difficult for me (and seemingly many other people) to trust them here. And even more so why it’s tough to take CP’s stance seriously, given how fiercely he’s defending an organization/league so hard who both have given us zero reason to trust or believe their word.

Exactly?

It's still conjecture and conflating a single incident with an overall sentiment. Sentiments aren't facts.

I'm not arguing for one outcome or the other. Pragmatically, there's definitively nowhere we can go with that one incident until the facts are known.

If Tua didn't have a concussion, the NFL still isn't a trustworthy enterprise; however, even though we both arrive at the same overall conclusion, one way pragmatically gets to the core issue by curating the circumstances, the other promulgates by the obfuscation of sheer sentiment.

eddie-murphy-nod.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom