NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So SF went from having Jimmy and 3 FRPs and SB contention to having Jimmy and Lance and no FRPs until 2024 but SB aspirations?

I think the timing of the shoulder surgery really blew up SF’s trade plans and they did their best to pivot. They really want to get something for him even if it means paying him some a few Ms in guarantees.

Not gonna lie, I think they don’t believe in Trey Lance and I’m running with it

Insurance policy basically for a stacked squad trying to win.

It's also Kyle Shanahan, the same dude who pushed for Kirk Cousins after seeing RG doing things we had never seen before :lol:

If Trey's stinking it up he won't hesitate to pull him for Jimmy no matter the draft capital they gave up for him. They're hedging their bets either way and it could pay off to their benefit honestly

Kirk way better than RG3 fym :lol:
Not what I was saying :lol:, they traded mad draft capital to get RG and he was one of the best players in the league his rookie season.

They still had a backup plan and decided to move on the first chance they got regardless.

They spent a bunch of draft capital on Trey Lance too so I'm saying that just because they did doesn't mean he's gonna that have the job 100% no matter what especially if he struggles at some points.

He's hedging his bets with Jimmy the same way he did with Kirk back then, the difference this time is that that roster is SB ready so Trey could have an even shorter leash.

I mean they clearly don’t trust Trey. If he was so good why didn’t he start at all last year?

He’s leaps and bounds better in a couple months to where he can start now but keep Jimmy?

I am curious who the number 1 players were in the years tom wasnt
Screenshot_20220829-182926_Chrome.jpg

MVP's carry weight

Not what I was saying :lol:, they traded mad draft capital to get RG and he was one of the best players in the league his rookie season.

They still had a backup plan and decided to move on the first chance they got regardless.

They spent a bunch of draft capital on Trey Lance too so I'm saying that just because they did doesn't mean he's gonna that have the job 100% no matter what especially if he struggles at some points.

He's hedging his bets with Jimmy the same way he did with Kirk back then, the difference this time is that that roster is SB ready so Trey could have an even shorter leash.
Not the same situation AT ALL. Rex Grossman wasn't taking us anywhere let alone to SBs and NFCCGs :lol:

There was no "they" - RGIII was a Snyder pick. Mike Shanahan didn't want to make that trade but Snyder needed a franchise QB and wanted one that was marketable. Mike wanted to use the existing draft position to take Tannehill and hope Wilson or Cousins was still available later. The plan was always to draft two QBs hoping to hit on one.

SF decided to trade 3 FRPs for a rookie QB with every intention of giving him the keys in year 2 and trade the incumbent. But Jimmy gets the shoulder surgery, the trade market dries up while he recovers, and SF was left to salvage the situation. This wasn't some premeditated hedge in case Trey is a bust. They wanted Trey + draft picks going into the season, not Trey + the highest paid backup QB with a no trade clause on the bench.

Survivor Group Info:
Group ID 12813
Group Password Nasteeboy
Link: https://football.fantasysports.yaho...oupgid=12813&invitation_key=0fa34171726c8e7b

Pick Em (Against the Spread) Info:
Group ID#: 21677
Group Password Nasteeboy
Link: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

9ers should taken Fields.
I still don't understand the Lance hype, but maybe he'll change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom