NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
C6962F85-E265-4B77-904C-E7B835D77266.gif

hindsight is 20/20, but i still don't understand mcdaniels' play call there. carr's been in his element doing simple dump off passes to renfrow and jacobs in the flat but on 4th and 1, you call a play where two receivers go on deep routes?

hindsight is 20/20, but i still don't understand mcdaniels' play call there. carr's been in his element doing simple dump off passes to renfrow and jacobs in the flat but on 4th and 1, you call a play where two receivers go on deep routes?
He was trying to beat KC at their own game at their house. He let his ego get ahead of making the right calls down the stretch.

Remember McDaniels went for 2 after Reid went for 2 in KC's previous possession to try and go up by 9 on the Raiders. So me thinks McDaniels took offense to that so he stupidly went for 2 to try and show up Reid and failed.

McDaniels messed everything up for his team. Never should he have gone for 2 and instead kept it simple, and they would've gone to overtime where anything can happen

Its easy to pile on right now, but if Raiders tied it, Chiefs go right down the field and get in FG range. I don't see the issue with going for 2 in that particular situation. You either lose by 2 or lose by 3. On the chance that KC's kicker misses, you win. Going into OT on the road, where everyone questions the legitimacy of the OT system, folks will point to the refs or something for the outcome, most probably. Chiefs got the stop and won a very hard fought game that couldve gone either way. Raiders attempted to put that couldve in their favor. Simple as that.

Not to mention the failed execution of Carr and/or Adams. That's not on Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom