NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

Exactly. I swear, Bears fans were 99.9% sure we were drafting Jamal Adams. We hadn't had a Safety worth a damn since Mike Brown.

All the talk was we weren't going QB that draft and I remember the majority of Chi Sports Radio, and my boys kept saying "man **** it we need Deshaun just take him and go from there"

I remember exactly where I was standing when I got the "Bears traded up!" text. Swore it was Deshaun.

**** will always puzzle me. Ryan Pace really went rogue on that one, he knew John Fox was out the next year anyway so why let him have input. But man....

I remember reading something like Deshaun Watson had more experience in college alone than Mitch had in high school, college, and professional up to this year combined. Possibly even up to this moment I’m not sure.

Something was in the water that season at Chapel Hill to produce that much NFL talent and have them all get drafted.

I always questioned... If he was Mr. Ohio for football in HS as a QB........ But never recruited by a Big 10 school......... and had to go to UNC.................

Then not start there......... why take him?

I remember reading something like Deshaun Watson had more experience in college alone than Mitch had in high school, college, and professional up to this year combined. Possibly even up to this moment I’m not sure.

Yea, Deshaun was starting over Stoudt as a Freshman by like the 4th game of clemson's season and the rest was history.

Trubisky played spot minutes behind UNC LEGEND Marquis Williams and garbage time against a lot of FCS teams. Didn't make his first start until his final season which was his junior year.

I'll always say that Mitch was a very good QB at UNC that season. Outside of the Va Tech game that was played in a hurricane he was leading the nation in completion % and was on course to break the record, up until that game.

I know Trubisky is cheeks right now but y'all acting like mans wasnt a Pro Bowler just last year. Cold world. :lol:

I always questioned... If he was Mr. Ohio for football in HS as a QB........ But never recruited by a Big 10 school......... and had to go to UNC.................

Then not start there......... why take him?

Idk if he was Mr. Ohio but his rivals page is saying he was a 3* recruit and had offers from Alabama, ohio state, michigan state, Minnesota and Northwestern.

To your point, there was no way Fedora was gonna start Mitch over Marquis Williams. I wanted to see it happen but for some reason it just never came about.

I still feel had he been able to sit behind someone he'd have way better progress at this point.

Thing that baffles me is okay, he's not a true pocket passing QB, last year they did so many things with him to roll him out, single read, get him rolled out and toss it and let dudes make moves. This year I've literally seen it called twice.

That 50+ yard bomb to Gabriel vs the eagles sunday was prime example of Mitch rolling out and making a play off his legs first. It's like they heard everyone say he's not a pocket QB and they said this year we going to force him to be one. It's unreal. The offense had SOME idea of what it was doing last year, this year it's just an overall **** show, and Mitch is bad, misses wide open guys, mechanics have been considerably worse, but **** the coach and O line hasn't helped him at all this year.

Idk if he was Mr. Ohio but his rivals page is saying he was a 3* recruit and had offers from Alabama, ohio state, michigan state, Minnesota and Northwestern.

To your point, there was no way Fedora was gonna start Mitch over Marquis Williams. I wanted to see it happen but for some reason it just never came about.

https://www.cleveland.com/highschoo...rd-for-2012-before-heading-to-north-carolina/

"As a senior, Trubisky was named Mr. Ohio, throwing for 2,470 yards and 28 touchdowns in the regular season. He finished his prep career with a 30-8 record. "

I still feel had he been able to sit behind someone he'd have way better progress at this point.

Thing that baffles me is okay, he's not a true pocket passing QB, last year they did so many things with him to roll him out, single read, get him rolled out and toss it and let dudes make moves. This year I've literally seen it called twice.

That 50+ yard bomb to Gabriel vs the eagles sunday was prime example of Mitch rolling out and making a play off his legs first. It's like they heard everyone say he's not a pocket QB and they said this year we going to force him to be one. It's unreal. The offense had SOME idea of what it was doing last year, this year it's just an overall **** show, and Mitch is bad, misses wide open guys, mechanics have been considerably worse, but **** the coach and O line hasn't helped him at all this year.

Yea, he had some plays that looked really good against the Eagles.

I just know that Matt Naggy isn't exactly helping Mitch with the play calling.

spacedoodoo spacedoodoo 100% agree Matt isnt helping him. Seriously the way this season is going I don't know why he won't allow Childress or Helfrich to call plays. I get it, it's a shot to the ego, but he cannot call an offensive gameplan for **** in my eyes. NOT EVEN THE SCRIPTED PLAYS ARE WORKING!

I feel the same way about Randy Fictner and his approach to the offense with Mason Rudolph. At some point, you have to trust your QB to throw down the field and take chances. I know Rudolph and Mitch are in two totally different career points but still.

if mitch cant make this throw, then i got zero clue if there is any hope for him.. he just gotta throw it out there for arob to go get

arob had him beat from early and had nothing but the endzone ahead of him

IATT IATT He's either overthrowing by 5 yards or underthrowing by 3 yards. It's maddening. Think he had a double hitch in his progressions too. He goes off that first hitch and that ball should be money.

A rob gotta catch that though.

Still one of his best throws to me. He can DO IT. But not consistently yet, and to me, that's what a backup is.. A QB who can do it some of the time and not all of the time.

chi5.gif

It's a bit under thrown but Robinson should've definitely completed the catch.
IATT IATT He's either overthrowing by 5 yards or underthrowing by 3 yards. It's maddening. Think he had a double hitch in his progressions too. He goes off that first hitch and that ball should be money.

A rob gotta catch that though.

mills got lucky as hell he stuck his hand in there and poked it out..

but robinson was gone.. dude had to slow down which allowed mills to not only catch up but play the ball

When ya Oline is playing like **** as the Bears have, you cant keep going spread offense and shotgun ****.

Making it harder on ya Oline, that first half if you rewatch it, eagles Dline DOMINATED that Oline, Mitch had no ******* chance honestly.

Back
Top Bottom