NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

Hoodie goin troll the league, again, and pick dude back up after he’s cut, ain’t he?

Against teams with records .500 or better, the Jags are 1-5.

In games Minshew started in against teams with winning records, he's 0-4 W/L with 3 TD's and 3 INT's with a 58.62 completion %.

In those games against teams with winning records, the jags offense is averaging 12.75 PPG.

With all that being said, Minshew isn't going anywhere. He is the QB of the future.

However, I have no problem with the jags coaching staff wanting to see what they have in Foles, the QB they were excited to sign this offseason. The offense has struggled against good teams, and possibly Foles can help turn it around.

Nothing more, nothing less.

how we feeling about Jimmy G this morning, Niner fans?

made some bad decisions and was too loose when the pocket collapsed.

also, made some decent throws that weren’t caught. he helped put us into position to win in OT; we just missed the fg.

Call me a BA, but you know what's not fair? If Darnold got stripped the way Adams did to DaNnY diMes, it would be subjected to all the jokes in the world. It would have a nickname and all that. I saw one Spongebob/Patrick meme about it, and that's it.

Just seen Sportscenter tweet Lamar’s run compared to Vick’s run against the Vikes. Which one was amazing to y’all?
Vick for me. Having defenders run into each other :lol: :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire:

Call me a BA, but you know what's not fair? If Darnold got stripped the way Adams did to DaNnY diMes, it would be subjected to all the jokes in the world. It would have a nickname and all that. I saw one Spongebob/Patrick meme about it, and that's it.

giphy.gif

Just seen Sportscenter tweet Lamar’s run compared to Vick’s run against the Vikes. Which one was amazing to y’all?
Vick for me. Having defenders run into each other :lol: :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire:

I think a couple defenders ran into each other trying to tackle Lamar too, but vick’s was better. Wasn’t his for the win?

you're asking us to care about NY on NY crime?

really..

really?

tumblr_m97ypd8Ukv1roa42h.gif

We still play Clyde Frog Clyde Frog 's Packers. That's pretty much a bye week, but I'd much rather play tough teams down the stretch and get ready for the playoffs then play a bunch of teams that are tanking.

But I think we are fine with one of the two, but if we are missing both we are ****ed. We were moving the ball pretty easy on quick slants and easy passes before Sanders went out. Kittle is usually a good safety net on third downs as well.

Very Very Very Lengthy Read... BUT WELL worth it (If you aren't a Bears fan |l:smh:) on the 2017 Draft and why/how Ryan Pace went about his process of choosing Mitch over Pat and Deshaun &Also how the Chiefs & Texans went about going after the QB's they drafted.

Ryan Pace should be fired for malpractice. This **** wild.

Long article, so here are the lengthy Cliff Notes on each guy, I recommend reading it:

Trubisky:
- Only had a private dinner with Mahomes & Mitch; Didn't hold one with Deshaun, didn't even work him out privately. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
- Ryan Pace, as I stated before, viewed Mitch as his version of Drew Brees
-In Pace’s eyes, Trubisky also demonstrated the most important quarterback traits: sharp accuracy, ability to process defenses, poise under pressure. Pace saw excellent footwork that would enable Trubisky to win from the pocket in the NFL. He told colleagues at Halas Hall that Trubisky seemed like a 22-year-old Brees.
- Ironically, they admit Jay Cutler left such a black cloud over the org and within people there, being the person he was, that they fell in love with Mitch who was the opposite. complete nice guy. But nowhere NEAR as good as Jay Cutler on the field
- On the Bears’ final draft board, Mahomes was their No. 2 quarterback, in the team’s top “cloud” of prospects that also included Trubisky, Solomon Thomas, Jamal Adams, Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey.
- For months, Pace had kept his evaluations to himself, not wanting to influence his subordinates. As the reports returned — from area scout Chris Prescott, from national scout Ryan Kessenich, from college scouting director Mark Sadowski, from Lucas, from Loggains — the consensus in support of Trubisky energized Pace.
- John Fox, HC at the time Fox, who rated Watson as his top quarterback, didn’t learn of Pace’s intention to select a quarterback until the morning of the draft, according to multiple people with knowledge of the situation. Other prominent figures in the organization received the Trubisky news from Roger Goodell’s mouth as the NFL commissioner announced the pick on live TV from a stage in Philadelphia.
- QB rankings from all the touts were all over that year: Mayock had Kizer ranked #1 at first then settled with Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes
-ESPN’s Mel Kiper also arrived for draft weekend with Trubisky as his top-rated quarterback and No. 19 prospect overall, followed by Mahomes (No. 26), Watson (No. 34) and Pittsburgh’s Nathan Peterman (No. 59).
-“The reason I have Trubisky over Watson,” Casserley explained, “is he’s a more consistent player as far as accuracy and decision-making.”
- Watsons rep "“Honestly,” Avery said, “I thought they were trying to make something that wasn’t there. … Deshaun was a proven winner. The Bears were trying to make Mitch Trubisky into a winner. You’re trying to create something that hasn’t necessarily been seen.”
-In some ways, Bears coaches have learned, Trubisky’s admirable inner drive and self-critical nature can be his own worst enemy, occasionally creating self-induced pressure that becomes suffocating.

"The fear of having let an entire city down seems to be blanketing Trubisky’s enthusiasm and confidence. Said one source who knows the quarterback well: “Think about it. How the (expletive) couldn’t it?”

Mahomes:
- while many evaluators doubted how Mahomes’ improvisational tendencies would translate to the NFL, Reid and Dorsey saw transcendent potential in his athleticism, arm talent and swagger.
-Veach from KC fell in love with Mahomes ASAP while scouting a Texas Tech OLinemen
-Nagy was part of the Chiefs’ consensus that identified Mahomes as a once-in-a-generation player, certainly the top quarterback in the 2017 class.
- Alex Smith was key in Mahomes development: "Patrick could buy him a castle, and it wouldn’t pay for the experience he was able to have working with Alex,” Reid told reporters when Mahomes made his first start.
-KC took all 3 Qb's on their visits on a drill: They gave them four plays, made them examine it and memorize it, after that they broke up for lunch and other activities then brought them back and had them recite it and see if they can handle it. Reid felt none of the 3 were ready to start but the player who aced that test: Mahomes

Watson:
-Watsons memory and play retention + his personality with Texans players during his visit stuck out to Obrien
-“In clutch moments, in big games, in games that really meant everything — national championship games, big ACC games — the guy came through,” O’Brien told reporters during the draft. “When the chips were down, he was able to lead his team to victory. That says a lot about a quarterback.”
-At Halas Hall and around the league, there were worries about his slender frame and ability to hold up through weeks and months and years of beatings from NFL defenders.
-Watsons 17 picks in his senior year were Red flags for all teams, including the Bears
- Jordan Palmer Watson's QB tutor during the pre draft process said focus on the 2 National Chip Games: Don't overthink it, draft him.
-Dabo said he was the Michael Jordan of the draft
- John Fox rated the Clemson star as his top quarterback in the 2017 class. So did quarterbacks coach Dave Ragone. But ultimately, Ryan Pace and Josh Lucas had fallen harder for Mitch Trubisky, believing the North Carolina quarterback had greater pocket presence and accuracy.
Watson sensed early on the Bears’ interest in him was minimal and shrugged past it. People in his camp, however, were perplexed. Quincy Avery, one of Watson’s private quarterback coaches and a close confidant, scratched his head. “It just seemed like a big mistake on their part,” Avery said. :smh::smh::smh::sick::sick::sick::sick:

“Honestly,” Avery said, “I thought that either they had some kind of wild process where they were going to try to sneak under the radar and grab Deshaun because they had heard so many positive things about him. Or it was an organization with a bunch of dysfunction that wasn’t prepared to be successful or didn’t have the pieces in place to truly take the next steps.”

-Palmer’s pre-draft endorsements, meanwhile, came with important background. He had been at Halas Hall as a player for chunks of 2013 and 2014, sharing a quarterbacks room with Jay Cutler. He knew firsthand how badly the Bears organization needed a true hub of energy, a charging station for everyone in the building to plug into on a regular basis.
He knew the fire Watson could light during the week and the explosive performances he could deliver on game days. Palmer envisioned how all of Chicago would rally around Watson’s think-big nature, intense drive and dynamic energy. Palmer wanted the best for Watson. But he had one predominant wish.
“I want him to go to Chicago,” Palmer said a month before the draft. “It’s the perfect fit.”

"For all three quarterbacks, the future seemed so bright, so boundless. The weekend felt like the first of many January reunions they would enjoy deep into the 2020s.
Now? Trubisky has been left behind and left to deal with that baggage. And the Bears now must make a brutally honest assessment of their predicament, revising their evaluations and fallback plans for the rest of this season as well as the future."

Is this season recoverable? Can Trubisky get his career journey out of the ditch? Said one league source: “I think so. I really do. But he’s going to have to be a tough mother (expletive). We’re going to find out what his DNA is. Because that’s a hard thing to pull out of.”

Last edited:
- Only had a private dinner with Mahomes & Mitch; Didn't hold one with Deshaun, didn't even work him out privately.

tenor.gif

- Ryan Pace, as I stated before, viewed Mitch as his version of Drew Brees

tenor.gif

-In Pace’s eyes, Trubisky also demonstrated the most important quarterback traits: sharp accuracy, ability to process defenses, poise under pressure.

tenor.gif

- John Fox, HC at the time Fox, who rated Watson as his top quarterback, didn’t learn of Pace’s intention to select a quarterback until the morning of the draft, according to multiple people with knowledge of the situation. Other prominent figures in the organization received the Trubisky news from Roger Goodell’s mouth as the NFL commissioner announced the pick on live TV from a stage in Philadelphia.
tenor.gif

- QB rankings from all the touts were all over that year: Mayock had Kizer ranked #1

tenor.gif

-ESPN’s Mel Kiper also arrived for draft weekend with Trubisky as his top-rated quarterback and No. 19 prospect overall, followed by Mahomes (No. 26), Watson (No. 34) and Pittsburgh’s Nathan Peterman (No. 59).
tenor.gif

-“The reason I have Trubisky over Watson,” Casserley explained, “is he’s a more consistent player as far as accuracy and decision-making.”

tenor.gif

- John Fox rated the Clemson star as his top quarterback in the 2017 class. So did quarterbacks coach Dave Ragone. But ultimately, Ryan Pace and Josh Lucas had fallen harder for Mitch Trubisky, believing the North Carolina quarterback had greater pocket presence and accuracy.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom