NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

yea this aint the NBA.. gore deserves to be commemorated in some form.. but the hall should be reserved for greatness.. if you aint got at least two all pro seasons, shouldnt even be a real discussion

9 1k seasons outta 12 is greatness. :lol:

You really ain't sense at all in this whole who should be HOF'er. You just moving the goalpost everytime one of your points gets shot down.

9 1k seasons outta 12 is greatness. :lol:

You really ain't sense at all in this whole who should be HOF'er. You just moving the goalpost everytime one of your points gets shot down.

i've said he's a good player (or at least he was like 5-6 years ago).. just not a great one.. i think you should be a great player to make the HOF

eli is the greatest giants QB ever, the standard aint that high.. and being the GOAT giants QB doesnt make him a great QB either, just makes him better than phil simms

Last edited:
get over it lol

we're on a message board in a thread to discuss football.. i'm voicing my opinion

i've never said he wont get in... he's a manning and the maras have power in the league, like with jerry.. he's literally aikman without the concussions, who also doesnt deserve to be in the HOF

however, i dont think he should.. i think the giants should build a statue for him and have a celebration for him and bring him out for opening days and all the mess.. but i dont think he should be in the HOF

i've said he's a good player.. just not a great one.. i think you should be a great player to make the HOF

eli is the greatest giants QB ever, the standard aint that high.. and being the GOAT giants QB doesnt make him a great QB either, just makes him better than phil simms

He would be the goat Eagles QB too. That standard is real low because Nick Foles is the only one that could win the big game.

And there you again moving the goalpost bringing up a irrelevant point. 7th all-time in yrds and TD's with 2 SB MVP's gets you a gold jacket. Gotta deal with it man. :lol:

He would be the goat Eagles QB too. That standard is real low because Nick Foles is the only one that could win the big game.

And there you again moving the goalpost bringing up a irrelevant point. 7th all-time in yrds and TD's with 2 SB MVP's gets you a gold jacket. Gotta deal with it man. :lol:

i've literally reptead those some points multiple times

lol way better numbers than Aikman (shortened career or not), who also had way more talent around him.

tenor.gif

lol way better numbers than Aikman (shortened career or not), who also had way more talent around him.

what do you think happens to aikman's numbers in the post colts/manning/patriots changes?

so you'll make that excuse for Aikman (because its convenient for your argument) when there is all these other guys that played during that time as well.

Like:

Farve
Marino
Elway
Moon
Tarketon
Testeverde
Bledsoe
Fouts
Collins
Montana
Unitas
Krieg
Esiason
McNabb
Hasselback
Kelly
and there's still 10 names before you get to him that played during that era. Without the talent he had around him.

so you'll make that excuse for Aikman (because its convenient for your argument) when there is all these other guys that played during that time as well.

Like:

Farve
Marino
Elway
Moon
Tarketon
Testeverde
Bledsoe
Fouts
Collins
Montana
Unitas
Krieg
Esiason
McNabb
Hasselback
Kelly
and there's still 10 names before you get to him that played during that era. Without the talent he had around him.

Do you think all of these QBs deserve to be in the HOF?

Because I don’t think Mcnabb deserves it, just to pick a QB from your list that I’d assume you would say I was bias for

He'll get in off the strength of those SB wins. If not for those, probably not.

He was never a top QB in any given year throughout his career. Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers (arguably), Romo (arguably). I don't think Eli sniffed the top 5 in any single year of his career.

I don't mind the dude or care if he gets in, just trying to be objective. He was a pretty mediocre QB. He just had longevity and the clutch factor.

Troy Aikman quarterbacked an offense that was predicated on the ALL-TIME-LEADING rusher!!!! We were a RUN FIRST offense. People still using this argument. Aikman was the most ACCURATE quarterback of his era. He was darn near the only full-time QB from the 90s who averaged 60%. He, Steve Young and Brett Favre. Everyone else was below 50%.... Troy also missed a lot of games with injury. He was injury prone, so what. So his numbers dwindle more. LOOK AT ALL THE TOP PASSING YARDAGE TOTALS OR CAREER PASSING STATS.....

ALL OF THOSE GUYS NEVER PLAYER WITH PERENNIAL 1000+ yard rushers... Peyton did have Edgerrin. Drew Brees? No Brett Favre? No.

Troy RETIRED at 33 years old. He only played 11 seasons..... Ya’ll bring up dudes who played in pass-first offenses, dudes who played 15+ years to discredit Troy. Y’all some jokes

Let Troy had of played 15+ years in a pass happy offenses. He may or may not have won a ring. But dude would’ve put up ridiculous stats. Dude had perfect mechanics and could make every throw. Put Steve or Brett Favre in Dallas’ system and their stats would look just like Troy’s.

Let Troy had of played 15+ years in a pass happy offenses. He may or may not have won a ring. But dude would’ve put up ridiculous stats. Dude had perfect mechanics and could make every throw. Put Steve or Brett Favre in Dallas’ system and their stats would look just like Troy’s.

no, they wouldn’t

y’all dudes really gotta chill on talking about your own teams

Tony’s numbers in certain areas would be better, a lot better, yes.. but he’s ints would be in the 20s every year

Back
Top Bottom