NFL Week 13 In Review....

49ers are Division Champs. Feels good man.

Funny how the NFC West is the worst division, but then:

Rams beat Saints
Seahawks beat Ravens, Eagles, and Giants (road)
Cardinals beat Eagles (road) and Cowboys.

Any given Sunday, I guess.

Get better, Willis.

Almost forgot, who's excited to see Madonna at the Super Bowl halftime show?
indifferent.gif

EAGLES:
- i'm not rooting for my team to lose.. but let's just say i'm not upset anymore when we don't win (top 5/10 pick wouldn't be half bad)

REST OF THE LEAGUE:
- so skittles ey?

- just imagine if dude had went up to green bay before the trade deadline last year
sick.gif

- not a good weekend for the 'powerful' NFC east (not going lie, giants were impressive vs the pack though..)

- aaron rodgers is just unreal.. like it was said above giants had to score the TD and the 2 pt.. so they had to go for it and couldn't really worry about clock management.. especially when left with under a min AND the packers would have to go 80 yards

- how do you ice your own kicker?

- how my QBs have gone down this year?

- did matty ice really get outplayed by tj yates??!

- chris johnson back to doing chris johnson things i see

- i really wonder what the dolphins will do now

- and forte gets injured the week before the bears have to play the broncos.. i now have my christmas and new years plans sorted out.. yup, i'll be in church

- Not even mad at the GMen losing yesterday, two clutch drives by both QB's (Rodgers is unbelievable).

- Tuck looked good, he has been playing hurt all season. JPP is a monster. If the Giants play with that kid of intensity the rest of the way I like their chances.

- Clay Matthews pick 6 had me excited then upset o_O
- Bears and Lions will keep losing (sucks for them), Falcons are average.

- Dallas offense has looked awful the past three weeks vs bottom of the barrel teams.

- Eli @ Dallas stadium...... #birdmanhandrub

birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

Texans
-"Next man up"
-Every damn week we lose someone, I hope Dre comes back soon
-The AFC South is ours, we could very well win out and get a top seed
-Our defense
pimp.gif

NFL
-Eli and Nicks
pimp.gif
, that defense needs to step up
-Aaron Rodgers, just give him the MVP already
-Congrats the to 49ers
-Congrats to Cam
-Cinncy isn't quite ready for the playoffs just yet, they have bright future though
-CJ and Tenn are playing well, they still won't win the AFC South but a WC spot is possible
-Tebow, the guy continues to win.
-Cowboys
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

-Chicago will  not want to pay Forte what he deserves
30t6p3b.gif

-Bills wills regret paying Ryan Fitzpatrick
-The Lions
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
, a lot of talent but too much stupid in some of their players heads
-These monday night games
sick.gif

- Tebow
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
.. Hope they win the division even tho I like Carson/Raiders
- Rodgers
30t6p3b.gif

- Brees
30t6p3b.gif

- Cam
eek.gif

- Cowboys lost
30t6p3b.gif
but luckily the Giants did too

- Dolphins fell out of love with Luck & started playing for real 
laugh.gif

- BUSH 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

- Texans 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Liked Yates @ UNC hope he keeps em going

- Lions
30t6p3b.gif
, extremely disappointed

• Steelers got a nice win. Dominated the Bengals. Will be interesting to see how the AFC North shapes up. Ratbirds should take it but you can't say that for certain. They let the Browns hang around for a long time.
  • LOL @ Jason Garrett. He should be fired ASAP but Jerry Jones will give him at least 2 more seasons. His ego won't allow him to admit he made a mistake. Will Rob Ryan be the coach in waiting?
  • Coaches that should be fired ASAP; Norv Turner, Leslie Frazier, & Raheem Morris. Their teams looks absolutely lost. Spagnoulo & Sporano should get fired too but I think they'll get one more year.
  • Not sure why people are talking about Coughlin being on the hot seat. He's doing some of his best coaching this year despite the number of injuries. Ditto with Lovie Smith too. He's still continuing to make lemonade out the lemons Jerry Angelo gives him.
  • Kubiak is getting it done with the Texans too. Wonder how they'll do in the playoffs. Damn Andre, the other hammy? Does anyone properly stretch out any more?
  • If Philly fires Andy Reid, that team will be set back for 3-4 years....That offense is built for Reid's west coast offense & trying to install a new O will take a whole lot of time.
  • Schwartz needs to reel in his team. They look so undisciplined. They got huge egos & they haven't really done anything yet.
  • Talk about losing control. Suh loses control in the game & behind the wheel.
  • Can someone please officially put the cover 2 defense to bed now? I don't think it works anymore against a lot of the offenses being used now...
  • Teebow actually made some ok throws yesterday but still has a looong way to go...
  • Those all red Cardinal unis are awful.
  • Will anyone be able to beat Green Bay?
  • Saints reminding everyone their in the race too. Who has more heart than Brees? Anyone?
  • Cam Newton taking back the momentum for ROY!!!
  • Eli is good for throwing some dumb picks but he's still having a monster year....
  • I'm surprised more players aren't getting caught up like Fred Davis & Trent Williams. In addition to high tech performance enhancers, there is a ton of NFL & NBA players smoking...
  • All I can think of for now...

Jacksonville gets 2 MNF home games this year. Has to be some sort of tactic to avoid blackouts or something.

Who the hell schedules this garbage?

too many penalties, and we couldn't stop cool brees.

-cam can ball
- tebow should just take first half off, then come back in the 2nd half and he'll still win

Originally Posted by psk2310

• If Philly fires Andy Reid, that team will be set back for 3-4 years....That offense is built for Reid's west coast offense & trying to install a new O will take a whole lot of time.

just keep marty mornhinweg as OC.. not sure if he presently has the play calling duties, but i know he has in the past

our offense isn't the problem.. it's turnovers on offense (we led the league in turnovers) and redzone efficiency.. for example i think i read recently the eagles are still on pace to gain the 7th most yards in NFL history, but yet we're 14th in the league this year in scoring

and this is the quote of the week (stolen from peter king's MMQB):

"I can take getting beat by a better football team. I wish they were.''

-- Tampa Bay coach Raheem Morris, on the Carolina Panthers.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

just keep marty mornhinweg as OC.. not sure if he presently has the play calling duties, but i know he has in the past

our offense isn't the problem.. it's turnovers on offense (we led the league in turnovers) and redzone efficiency.. for example i think i read recently the eagles are still on pace to gain the 7th most yards in NFL history, but yet we're 14th in the league this year in scoring

and this is the quote of the week (stolen from peter king's MMQB):

"I can take getting beat by a better football team. I wish they were.''

-- Tampa Bay coach Raheem Morris, on the Carolina Panthers.
I don't think Reid should be fired however he's gotta get a good DC in there ASAP. It's been a problem for a while now. Castillo def has to go but I don't fault Reid for giving an Oline coach a chance. A football coach should be a football coach no matter what. Having said that, Castillo has shown he is the wrong guy. His D is looks like the Washington Generals playing the Globetrotters every week. 

The look on Morris' & Fazier's face very week is funny to me. They look so stressed out...

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by MrONegative

The league loves the Pack so much that they undid the Megatron rule for one play.
30t6p3b.gif
the megatron rule is when you fall to the ground though
grin.gif

nah, you're right son. at least CJ had control of the ball at some point.

Texans
- Great play from the D, Foster, and pretty impressed by TJ. He got drafted cause saw a bit of Schaub in him.
Next man up indeed
pimp.gif

- No Titans fans, nothing will "get interesting" come week 16. We'll have the division wrapped up already, but
you may get a wildcard spot.

Seahawks
- Browner, Marshawn, Tate
pimp.gif
, and that defense in general
pimp.gif

The Rest
- My man Killa Cam should do everything he can to go 3-1 the rest of the season (losing to the Texans of course)
- Tebow threw for 200 yards. What's the critics excuse this week? Dawkins, Goodman & McGahee
pimp.gif
Dude is turning back the
hands of time
laugh.gif

-
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the Cowboys. How long will it take them to realize their secondary is full of bums outside
of Mike Jenkins, who is usually hurt anyway??? Jason Garrett bungled big time
laugh.gif

- Aaron Rodgers just gave a big F U to Skip Bayless. Dude is a monster.
-
laugh.gif
Orlovsky wanted a win, but the Colts didn't
- Didn't realize how undisciplined WITHOUT Suh the Lions were. That was a pathetic showing from guys loaded
with potential
- Drew Brees is surgical with that ^@%#*
- Biggest reason the Raiders loss...having Rolando McClain in the lineup after the weekend he had. He played a
good game, but that was some bad karma, almost like saying "u can do anything u want as long as u play well"

I don't think Reid should be fired however he's gotta get a good DC in there ASAP. It's been a problem for a while now. Castillo def has to go but I don't fault Reid for giving an Oline coach a chance. A football coach should be a football coach no matter what. Having said that, Castillo has shown he is the wrong guy. His D is looks like the Washington Generals playing the Globetrotters every week. 

The look on Morris' & Fazier's face very week is funny to me. They look so stressed out...

this is a pretty good read on the whole situation:
http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/the-case-against-keeping-andy-reid/

but he def needs a good 4-3 DC if he is going stick around.. the rumor is that we'll go after steve spagnuolo hard if he is fired by the rams (amongst the rumors that he has to deal with juan if he wants to stay)

- giants game: im not sure why people keep saying they shouldnt have worried about clock management because they needed to score and get the 2 pt conversion. 1st and goal with over a minute left! plenty of time and downs. even if you run once...three chances to throw after that is plenty to get it in the endzone. your QB isn't mark sanchez...3 shots is enough. play calling has to be smarter. you don't give elite QBs time to drive on you when all they need is a fg. it's so simple. and in a game you lose by 3...you can't give your QB a total pass when he throws a horrendous pick six. he played pretty well, no doubt, but that pick six was killer. killed momentum and ended up being big in the final score. and the only reason i just wrote all that on the giants is not because i hate them. i just really wanted them to win yesterday, and they had that game won
laugh.gif

- aaron rodgers. that final drive. christ...two passes and into fg range. never. any. doubt
- how awesome is the imminent saints @ packers matchup going to be? the sad part is, it'll be in lambeau and in the cold...does not bode well for a dome team
- lions...really? pathetic and embarrassing
- cowboys...thats a tough one for the fans and players. garrett's explanation doesn't even make sense.
- eagles...yikes. VY...still a bonehead
- matt forte...feels bad man
- buffalo continues to stumble...no doubt that miami catches and passes them in the standings
- jets...what the hell happened at the end of your game? your points like doubled
laugh.gif

- tim tebow...just win baby. i am officially concerned about our trip to denver in a couple weeks
- dan orlovsky looked pretty goo...oh right, forgot about the defense he played against
- again, how does caldwell have a coaching job? HOW? does he have dirt on polian? he's gotta have dirt on someone.

PATS
- gronkowski and welker...business as usual
- ocho almost made a sweet grab but the defender knocked it out of his hands. the media bash will continue i guess.
- defense: pass rush inconsistency will kill this team, not to mention the fact that we have wide receivers, yes plural, playing in the secondary.
- the julian edelman triple threat talk needs to stop. triple threat to do what exactly? punt returns are the only thing he does well, sort of. he misses as many tackles as he makes
laugh.gif

I mean the pick 6 occurred in what, the first or 2nd quarter? It wasn't exactly killer since the game was close throughout, but people need to give a little credit to Clay Matthews rather than just calling it a bad mistake. Guy ran back in coverage, ran to the sideline, read Eli's eyes like a safety and made an amazing play.....guy is an athletic beast, I was
eek.gif
when I saw it.

...and I can't fault the Giants for trying to get that score in the final drive anyway possible. One running play would have made things better sure, but you had to score a TD AND a 2 point conversion just to tie the game
laugh.gif
Such a difficult thing to do, and Rodgers had 55 seconds to go down 3/4 of the field. Sure its a lot of time, but you can't blame the offense, defense missed some tackles that last drive and had to make some plays.

He's Godgers though, class by himself right now. He is so in sync with his WR's its ridic. I saw two 360 mid air receptions for large gains as if its second nature.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

100%.. i was thinking this the whole time.. gotta check out the 1st and ten podcast just to hear what he gotta say now

(although it will be unbearable to hear him slurp tebow for 97.864% of the show)

Look at this bum. Look at his %%#*%@% face. If this idiot doesn't hold on a PICK 6 we most likely win the game. #*** this bum. Get well soon Grimes. Deion please walk through that door.

dunta-robinson-mugjpg-780f5f408d197262_large.jpg

Wish I wasn't working to see 1st and 10 today (that's where Skip and Stephen A. debate right?)....I'd love to know if Skip addresses Rodgers doing what he claims he hadn't seen him do.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Peep Game

100%.. i was thinking this the whole time.. gotta check out the 1st and ten podcast just to hear what he gotta say now

(although it will be unbearable to hear him slurp tebow for 97.864% of the show)

Skip found some ridiculous way to work around it. You'll probably facepalm when you hear his reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom