NFL Week 14 In Review....*Update=New QOTW*

Pats need to be careful they don't try to force the ball at Randy next week, Buffalo will be ready for that.

People always wanna question Randy, then he runs by dudes for 70 yards and they all come in and put a bunch of
pimp.gif
faces up. It's ok. Randy will just keep on doin what he does and hang emup as one of the 2 best to ever play the spot. And he'll do that given just 70 percent effort.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

PH2009042703848.jpg

A young Demarcus Ware
pimp.gif

-There is NO debate....Chris Johnson is the best RB in the NFL.

-Double moves all day on Laron Landry
smh.gif

-if you hold arguably the best WR in the NFL to one catch, you can talk. I don't care who you are.

-What the hell is going on with Eddie Royal? Someone on that roster SHOULD be reaping the benefits of having B.Marsh lining up on the opposite side of them.

-
pimp.gif
to Jamaal Charles....the boy is making the most of his opportunity.

-Wow..."somebody" has 22 INTs on the season....maybe the Bears were smart in only extending him for 3 more years. Jeff George 2.0

-Is there any logic behind the Skins playing better football without Portis, Cooley, and Samuels? Fred Davis...I see you
pimp.gif

*edit* I haven't caught many Raiders games this year, but I had NO CLUE that Jamarcus Russell was actually that bad
laugh.gif
I thought a lot of yall wereBS'ing about how terrible he was, but damn.....when will the Raiders give up on the guy? No pocket awareness what so ever. Does the dude go through theweek without looking at his playbook?

In distinct Bill Belichick style, the Patriots coach also defended Moss on Monday when asked about critical comments made by the Panthers.

"My response would be that's a lot of conversation coming from a team that lost another game," Belichick said.

A few minutes later in his press conference, Belichick added another dig.

"I have a lot of respect for Randy, I think he's one of our best players and I think if you watch other teams defend him and watch other teams play against him, they think the same way -- other than these two guys from Carolina after they lost another game. I guess they don't think that way. They haven't won a lot of games now."

laugh.gif
Boy I tell ya Bill is something else.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Just admit to being a Pats fan.

Not one bit. In fact the team with the most wins vs the Pats this decade is............Miami.
pimp.gif

But people hate on the Pats just cuz of how they dominated the first half of the decade, they run things well out there, no reason for me to hate. I was a fanof Welker before he got there, I was a fan of Moss before he got there. Really that simple.

-Is there any logic behind the Skins playing better football without Portis, Cooley, and Samuels? Fred Davis...I see you
pimp.gif

I could give you an answer for that, but you probably wouldn't like it
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

pimp.gif
happy.gif

I'm all ears for the explanation....

and I'd probably agree with you
laugh.gif

I just heard Deion say, "Blame it on the Henne."
laugh.gif

I caught that too.
laugh.gif

-If your O-Line and RB can't pick up one yard on 4 straight running plays, you can't put that on the person calling plays. It's just that simple.

- I think the Barbarian's style of play over the years have finally caught up with him, he use to thrive inthose goaline situations. We need to incorporate Choice more into the offense
- Thank God DeMarcus isn't seriously injured, but I doubt he'll play this week. If we can't generate a pass rush on Drew Brees given the way oursecondary is playing it's gonna be ugly

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

pimp.gif
happy.gif

laugh.gif

Well Samuels was the anchor for that offensive line so that's why I didn't include him with those other names just to let you know, truly a greatlineman. As far as Portis is concerned, he's a great blocking back but not really a great RB IMO. I think his 2 years in Denver get overhyped for obviousreasons, but alot of RB's had a good amount of success in Denver due to their zone blocking technique. When I would watch Portis run, the majority of thetime I would see him just grab the back of his FB/lineman's jersey and just run behind him instead of really using his vision and hitting the hole at fullspeed to gain those extra yards. I know Betts use to have fumbling issues and me and you agreed to that point but pound for pound as far as having a runningback in the Skins run game attack on any given Sunday I'd take Betts over Portis, even Rock did a decent job for what he was asked to dobriefly, why because both Betts and Rock hit the hole full speed instead of just running directly behind a lineman's back. That makes the differencebetween gaining 3 yards and 5 yards.

With Cooley, he's good at what he does, good hands, very slow of course, but to me he's just average. He's replaceable to me, and there'snothing wrong with that, but at the same time Fred Davis has stepped in and to me outperformed Cooley. I know you would always highlight how Cooley's YACwere impressive, which they are/were but I always thought it was yards after the catch versus yards after CONTACT. That being said because Cooley is the typeof player to not break threw alot of tacklets IMO, or at least not as well as Davis has done. Not to mention Davis is a better route runner.

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

- Cowboys
roll.gif
, Decemburr!!! Yall aren't on San Diego's level, Garrett is the worst goaline playcaller in the league (next to Houstons OC). D. Ware hurt means yall really gonna have trouble next week in Nawlins, I'm expecting a blowout. I hope we get to ruin your playoff hopes week 17
laugh.gif
did yall beat them?
nerd.gif

annnnnd didn't yall lose to us because McFatty couldnt get a INCH
nerd.gif

really.. you want to bring that up?

you might want to watch this http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...14206ab/Official-Review-Week-9-bonus-coverage

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

pimp.gif
happy.gif

laugh.gif

Well Samuels was the anchor for that offensive line so that's why I didn't include him with those other names just to let you know, truly a great lineman. As far as Portis is concerned, he's a great blocking back but not really a great RB IMO. I think his 2 years in Denver get overhyped for obvious reasons, but alot of RB's had a good amount of success in Denver due to their zone blocking technique. When I would watch Portis run, the majority of the time I would see him just grab the back of his FB/lineman's jersey and just run behind him instead of really using his vision and hitting the hole at full speed to gain those extra yards. I know Betts use to have fumbling issues and me and you agreed to that point but pound for pound as far as having a running back in the Skins run game attack on any given Sunday I'd take Betts over Portis, even Rock did a decent job for what he was asked to do briefly, why because both Betts and Rock hit the hole full speed instead of just running directly behind a lineman's back. That makes the difference between gaining 3 yards and 5 yards.

With Cooley, he's good at what he does, good hands, very slow of course, but to me he's just average. He's replaceable to me, and there's nothing wrong with that, but at the same time Fred Davis has stepped in and to me outperformed Cooley. I know you would always highlight how Cooley's YAC were impressive, which they are/were but I always thought it was yards after the catch versus yards after CONTACT. That being said because Cooley is the type of player to not break threw alot of tacklets IMO, or at least not as well as Davis has done. Not to mention Davis is a better route runner.
Well...I tried, and I ALMOST agreed with you...
laugh.gif

I fully agree that Portis' time has come and gone. He's hit that proverbial wall that most RB's hit when they are in their late 20's after acareer of many carries/yards. The decline of Portis is due to injuries not healing and just being banged up. When he was in Denver, he was playing at 200pounds max...when he came to DC, he was asked to bulk up to 225 becuase of the pounding he was going to be taking. Yeah the zone blocking system is 100%different than what the Skins ran here in DC....[SAS] HOWEVA [/SAS] Portis was consistently in that top 5 RB range over the past couple of seasons. Going intothis year (and coming off of 1400 yards rushing), would you HONESTLY take Betts/Cartwright over Portis? There is no way you can sit there and tell me youwould. When these guys have filled in for Portis they have looked better THIS SEASON. I'll give you that. Again, that goes back to Portis hitting thatwall and being injured. The funny thing about these RB's is that you just never know when they'll be on the decline. It almost happens at the blinkof an eye.

Betts is what he is...and that is a guy CONTENT with being a #2. He had an opportunity to test free agency and become a starter somewhere, but he chose toremain in DC. Rock Cartwright...well, there's a reason why he only had like 150 carries in 7 seasons...you can do the math on that one. There is/was aloyalty to Portis that went unmatched. Portis is a guy with almost TOO much pride in that he won't shut it down even when his body is essentially tellinghim "no." The concussion is a blessing in disguise for him and the Skins, because 1. Portis gets to get away from the game to get 100%healthy...and 2. Skins can evaluate other dudes at the RB spot.

As far as Cooley....how are you going to sit there and say that Fred Davis runs better routes when the main reason he couldn't get on the field last yearwas because he didn't know what the #*%% he was doing?
laugh.gif
Davis is a good player....Cooley is a much better player. If you're a TE and JasonCampbell is your QB, you're going to get looks. Davis is reaping the benefits of being that dude for the moment. Cooley when healthy is one of thetoughest guys to bring down after the catch, so I don't know where you are coming up with the idea that he's not good at breaking tackles. He'sslow as dirt, but if you need that 1st down, you best believe he's going to be bringing bodies with him.

I don't know if there is a logical answer as to why the Skins are doing better on offense...but they are. The young guys are stepping up, and that'snot a bad thing. I do think that Portis needs to go, but with his contract that may be alot easier said than done. In a perfect world, the Skins could makethings work with a 2 TE set, but these are the Skins we're talking about, so that can pretty much go out the window
laugh.gif
I do think that changes will bemade this offseasn and you will see a bunch of vets out in that FA pool. Cooley might be the only tradable commodity that the Skins have on their roster, butwould this franchse trade one of their best/most popular players? If it's in the best interest of the team (maybe getting a draft pick or two in return),then I'm all for it...pretty much the team needs to be blown up, and rebuilt. Start with the o-line and go from there...

Well the Titans are a longshot for the playoffs this year... but i'm excited for the future.

We are set with VY, CJ and Britt as our QB, RB and WR of the future.

Much Better than the Raiders with Russell, McFadden and Heyward-Bey....the sad thing is all those players were picked with earlier picks than the Titans usedon theirs...2 of them in the same draft.

Originally Posted by S4L3

Them QOTW must really be making you dudes uneasy, because I didn't see anything this week...

I'm starting to see more and more people not posting predictions on here and keeping everything very neutral. Making statements like, "If the pieces fall in perfect order, then we have a good chance of winning today." You clowns disgust me...
When are you not disgusted by these "clowns" though?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ the statements.
Originally Posted by CP1708

Pats need to be careful they don't try to force the ball at Randy next week
Brady's been practically doing that all year tho'.

Just admit to being a Pats fan.
I chuckled.
laugh.gif

CP keepin' it real.
pimp.gif

The decline of Portis is due to injuries not healing and just being banged up

Truth.

Going into this year (and coming off of 1400 yards rushing), would you HONESTLY take Betts/Cartwright over Portis?

You're right, and that's because Portis has actually done what he was suppose to do, unlike the other two that haven't PROVEN themselves yet. However for the type of run game that the Skins use, I honestly see Betts as a better fit for the Skins system. Some RB's just work better for certainsystems and I think that is the case for Betts here in DC, which is proably why he didn't leave when given the chance with free agency.

how are you going to sit there and say that Fred Davis runs better routes when the main reason he couldn't get on the field last year was because he didn't know what the #*%% he was doing?
Not knowing what your doing and being a better route runner than another player is two different things my man. Now that Davis was pretty muchforced to learn the system and quickly, have you not been impressed with his results??

Cooley when healthy is one of the toughest guys to bring down after the catch
I don't know about that one, I have to review the tapes to find out.

I do think that Portis needs to go, but with his contract that may be alot easier said than done. In a perfect world, the Skins could make things work with a 2 TE set, but these are the Skins we're talking about, so that can pretty much go out the window
laugh.gif
I do think that changes will be made this offseasn and you will see a bunch of vets out in that FA pool. Cooley might be the only tradable commodity that the Skins have on their roster, but would this franchse trade one of their best/most popular players?

I was going to ask you about the future of Portis and Cooley in DC. Either way the best thing for Washington to do is hire a new head coach immediately afterthe season is over.........which is now really but to make the annoucement as early as possible so he and the new GM if there is one can make the necessarydecisions on whether to keep Portis, Cooley, Campbell, or anyone else for that matter before the draft comes up and see what players are on the market thatwould be a good "fit" for the Skins. The work ahead for the Skins is long and hard, decisions.......decisions.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

2z50z6v.jpg

roll.gif

Vick and D Jax
pimp.gif

B Marsh
pimp.gif

Bengals offensive playcalling and execution was down right embarrassing. Bouncing back with a big win versus San Diego next week would be great. I definitelythink that it's possible. I don't understand why the passing game hasn't been effective. We really are missing Chris Henry.

Nah i saw a giants fan throw hot chocolate on some philly dude that did nothing but talk some $+@+ then he came down over like 3 rows and started fighting...

Worst part was he had his son with him who was like 8 years old
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Ive been goin to Giants games for like 8 years and ive never seen anything like that... The dude with the kid got the boot and I told security to let thePhilly kid stay in the game. Hot Cocoa all over his Authentic Westbrook jersey
smh.gif
smh.gif

Didnt see mnuch football yesterday due to tailgating and such but man i swear, im not even a giants fan but it was frustrating as $+@+ watching that game withsome of that playcalling and the way they handled Desean... Throwing the ball to Booth on the goal line? Draw play on 3rd and 7?
indifferent.gif

At least the steaks and shrimp was good... rest of the day was worthless... the weather
sick.gif
:x:x:x:stoneface:

Originally Posted by ezeblazin

Well the Titans are a longshot for the playoffs this year... but i'm excited for the future.

We are set with VY, CJ and Britt as our QB, RB and WR of the future.

Much Better than the Raiders with Russell, McFadden and Heyward-Bey....the sad thing is all those players were picked with earlier picks than the Titans used on theirs...2 of them in the same draft.
While I agree with the part about your team...

The Raiders might be 3-4 impact players away.

Michael Bush is a beast in the making, Murphy is a whole lot better than the Offensive player of the year (DHB) the D is decent, need to resign Seymour, drafta LB

Back
Top Bottom