NFL week 5 week in review: Shoes requested it & has QOTW locked & loaded

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I always though JJ was going to be so good because

A I liked his name
B His football rookie cards with him at UCLA were sweet
C He played for SF and all WRs were good (in my mind)

SMH, I felt the same way as a kid. I still got the cards with him making all these crazy catches and acrobatic moves to stay in bounds 
roll.gif
played during the Rice/T.O. era, could never get his shine on with those two

nevertheless,
laugh.gif
@ the mentioning of JJ Stokes and Tai Streets...what the hell is going on?

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by CP1708

Yeah I musta had 250+  boxes of cards, 30 or so binders, 10 monster boxes, TONS of cards.  I spent I dunno......50,000 maybe more maybe less in my lifetime on cards. 

Sold all of em minus maybe 500 cards,  for about 650 bucks total. 
tired.gif

I have so many cards from my childhood, not selling them. Spent way too much just to make a hundred or two. 

i'll likely pass them on to my kids so they can be told what childhood used to be like.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

its easy to step on Carson's leadership but he put up and went thru 300 times more than Dalton.

Carson Palmer had to deal with +*%* ownership, bad draft picks and selfish WRs.

there's only so much someone can take.  

Lets see what Dalton is made of after a couple years and some adversity.

Only so much someone can take, but he signed an extension to stay on with the team. And he was pushing for the team to sign T.O.
laugh.gif
in regards to selfish receivers. I think CP is a stand up dude, but the worst thing that happened to him was the elbow injury. The Bengals handled that horribly I will give him that.

Dalton already faced some adversity being thrust into the starting QB role with no OTAs/ no offseason at all, but I feel what you're saying. It definitely seems like Mike Brown is stepping back a lot so I feel better about the direction of the organization. The last few drafts have been great. (minus Andre Smith, who has been playing well since he's been healthy.)

Pittsburgh game is the first sell out?

Good call with passing cards to the kids. The perfect day back then was all meet around 9 on our bikes, go to card hop and spend allowance, get back open them to see what you got, play football (or whatever season it was) all day, after dinner 2 play some SNES and rest keep trading and dealing cards

Broncos put Brandon Lloyd on the trading block. They're asking for somewhere between a 3rd-5th rounder. Panthers and Titans have made calls to them.

Eh my nephew collected from like 7-10 so I'm not so sure about that. Maybe not to the level of some of us but he also likes shoes so I'm happy ha ha

Back
Top Bottom