NFL Week 8 In Review...

Chester stole my thunder, Andrew Luck is just quietly having a season, that place is going to be a problem again real soon.

Outside of Reggie Wayne, their offense consists of:
Donnie Avery, T.Y. Hilton, Nathan Palmer, LaVon Brazill, Coby Fleener, Weslye Saunders, Vick Ballard, Donald Brown, Mewelde Moore and Delone Carter.

And somehow, this team is 4-3. :x

Don't forget Dwayne Allen.

And with all that, going forward I love seeing Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton and Brazil as a young core building together. Give him a nice replacement for Reggie and a decent versatile back and I like their future quite a bit. RB wise, how nice would that kid from North Carolina look, Gio Bernard? I don't know if he'll be coming out this year, but he can do everything Luck would need and if they give him a #1, Brazil and Hilton can handle the rest along with 2 really solid TE's.

Carbon copy of the Peyton era, hopefully with better defensive luck than when Peyton was there.

So if Peyton isn't an MVP candidate, who we going with? Ryan, JJ., Brady, Rogers...?

don't get me wrong, i think peyton has played well. but it has been against the chargers, raiders, and saints :rolleyes

He didn't play well against the Texans? They lost by 6 points, he didn't throw a pick, and Schaub went crazy. *shrugs*

did you watch that game :lol:

on of his TDs was a strike to decker, the other was a throw into double coverage that luckily got batted into the air 6 yards behind them where dreesen was standing in the endzone. they had 11 points through 3 quarters. they were completely shut down until we fumbled late and sparked their little run.

26/52 330 yards 2 td's 0 int's qbr 56.

He didn't play well against the Texans? They lost by 6 points, he didn't throw a pick, and Schaub went crazy. *shrugs*

Ben Tate doesnt fumble and they arent back in that game.

Broncos only teams they have played were the Falcons, Texans, Pats, and guess what? he went 0-3

all this talk about him having the hardest 6 games in the NFL is :x going off last years schd

Pitt was/is a shell of its former self and continues to struggle.

Falcons lead the NFC and beat them

Texans lead the AFC and beat them.

The beat on Oakland ( same as everyone else )

Lost to the Pats ( their secondary is :x and he still couldnt do it )

And Rivers decided to forget how to play QB and help them win it.

and they just beat up on the Saints.

He isnt the MVP. hes had a favorable start.

Last edited:
Speaking of the Eagles, is Nnamdi looking like the biggest FA bust since Albert Haynesworth?

That Texans radar goes off quick! :lol:

Mario Williams might have something to say about that label..

How is Matt Ryan not the consensus league MVP so far? I really want to hear that explanation.

@SportsCenter - The Cowboys have only one playoff win & a 123-124 regular-season record in the last 15+ years.

the one constant? jerry jones.

How is Matt Ryan not the consensus league MVP so far? I really want to hear that explanation.

i'm just going to assume it's because he's always a great regular season qb, but doesn't get acknowledged since he is incapable of showing up at all once the playoffs begin.

also, there's at least two games the falcons shouldn't have won, but managed to do so because of stupid play at the end of games by their opponents. if they're 5-2 right now, would you even begin to post your sentence on nt?

they were completely shut down until we fumbled late and sparked their little run.

But he did, they made a run, and lost by six. So.... everything else you said is pretty much moot.

Who cares about what happens during the first 45 minutes of a game if a team rallies in the final 15?

Last edited:
Carson Palmer has thrown for 1941 yards w/ 9 TDs and 5 picks tho.
Not that I think he's elite or anything but he's been carrying the Raiders offense this year.
He's good for that pick 6 every couple of games but he's the best QB we've had since Gannon.
leading a offense that is avg in all areas of offense stats wise so thats not saying much. palmer is in the same sentence with all those guys CP threw out. and saying he is your best QB since gannon ant saying much at all my man
Pass the hot sauce Rex, you fat overrated ************.
overrated at what? the jets should be worse then what they where the past few years but he made em better. you really going to put this year on him? ya he talks to much at times but hey thats him and his players from the jets all the way to his ravens days swear by him

Last edited:
But he did, they made a run, and lost by six. So.... everything else you said is pretty much moot.
Who cares about what happens during the first 45 minutes of a game if a team rallies in the final 15?

end result was him losing, Houston won.

every good team he has played, he has lost to.

thats the point.

unless you can have some sort of argument to bring up?

:rofl: people still get tight when us Texan's fans come in here to talk about our team.

On the real though, it looks like every time someone says something negative about the Texans MMG or Do Work Son are in here with the quickness.
Fellas who gives a ****? Let people say uniformed remarks about the Texans.

Last edited:
they were completely shut down until we fumbled late and sparked their little run.

so having 1 good quarter absolves you of 3 bad ones? his overall performance was not impressive. 50% completion percentage. and if i remember that game correctly, the texans dropped 3 INTs. peyton did not play well that game. that game.

:rofl: people still get tight when us Texan's fans come in here to talk about our team.

On the real though, it looks like every time someone says something negative about the Texans MMG or Do Work Son are in here with the quickness.

**** burns my soul man. don't have class for another 2 hours, i'm still sitting in bed :lol:

Last edited:

it wasnt even about the Comment about Houston.

It was about Peyton being "MVP"

when his team is 4-3 and 4 wins being against subpar teams :lol:

As far as MVP rightnow its Peyton. I don't care what the schedule was dude is on brand new team after missing a year of football and he's lighting it up. Got Decker and Thomas looking like Pro bowlers. After him I'll go with JJ Watt, Eli and Matt Ryan.

Back
Top Bottom