NFL Wild Card Weekend In Review...

Why is this dude Sanche'z name still coming up...son should apply for te punter position.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I am confident Joe Flacco will show up in full-force over the next two weeks at some time.

so is that a good or bad thing?
When is Joe Flacco ever a good thing?
4 years in, 3 playoff Ws...season sweep of Pittsburgh and throwing the game winner in Pittsburgh

yes he's been incosistent, but I honestly put that more on Cam Cameron than on Joe..4 losses, Ray Rice doesn't get the rock as much...this is time to show and provde but Joe can get it done.  Just hope Cam doesn't get stupid with the playcalling.

Originally Posted by ccb21040

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Ravens won't win a Superbowl with Joe Flacco at QB, though.

I disagree, Joe has shown some inconsistecy this year but he is solid enough to get us a ring. Put the game on Ray Rice's back and let Joe make some plays here and there, and play great defense. With that formula we can be serious contenders to win the Super Bowl with Flacco at QB.

Replace Ray Rice with Arian Foster and let Yates make some playes with our great defense and with that formula we can be serious contender to win the Super Bowl with Yates at QB.
Texans and the Ravens are mirror images of each other, but the Ravens have home field thus are the favorite, but once again it'll come down to the better defense and I got the Texans with the upset in this one.

Proud of the Steelers. After a disastrous start, we finished up pretty strong. Have been saying all year that Steelers will go as far as our o-line & secondary will take us. Hopefully GM Kevin Colbert & Omar Kahn will work some of their usual draft magic in rebuilding our o-line, DBs, & getting some more youth on the d-line.

Coach Fox & his staff get props for a great game plan & getting that squad to execute. Those are actually the same plays they've been trying to run all season but Tebow was actually making his throws.

Had no doubt the Giants would win. That d-line is playing out of this world & the o-line is getting healthy again which is further propelling Eli & re-establishing the running game. Looking forward to next week's game.

Awesome story on Jimmy Grahm on ESPN that can be found here. Being a parent to an 8 year old boy that I adore, !!% had me tear up thinking about my son being left...Wifey watched it too & teared up. Since the Steelers got bounced, wifey's cheering for the Saints. Next week's game against the 9ers will be crazy too. Saints O against the 9er D? Damn...

ratbirds been having trouble with the run & last time they played the Texans, they didn't have AJ. Texans are running the ball well & AJ looked alright. Not having Owen Daniels might hurt though...If the ratbirds don't win it this year, they ain't getting another SB in a minute. Flacco will be fine so long as the ratbird o-line provides him protection (how does someone like mckinnie get pushed around?!?) & the WRs hold onto the ball. Need to keep ray rice involved too.

Can't trust the Pats to rep the AFC in the SB either. That D is terrible. But that O...Will be an interesting game...What Denver team will show up next week?

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

[h1]Ike Taylor apologizes for performance[/h1]Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor owned up to his struggles in Sunday's 29-23 wild-card playoff loss at Denver after not speaking to reporters after the game.

Taylor allowed catches of 51 and 58 yards before giving up the 80-yard game-winner on the first play in overtime. On the final play, he got beat to the inside by Demaryius Thomas and then got stiff-armed by the Broncos wide receiver at midfield.

After congratulating Tim Tebow and the Broncos on Twitter, Taylor added: "I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time apologize to my teammates steelernation and family. Luv y'all to def."

Taylor was very emotional after the game, staring at the ground in front of a ripped-up locker.

He gave up several big plays and will likely be remembered for costing the Steelers the game. But Taylor has had a Pro Bowl-type season and shouldn't shoulder all of the blame.

The Steelers put him in a precarious position by putting him on an island against Thomas because they were more committed to stopping the run than the pass. Still, it's hard to forget Thomas shoving Taylor out of the way on his way to the winning score.

To put it bluntly...he played like #!*+.

when he got to the locker room, he saw that they ripped his number off his locker with woodchips and splinters scattered all around it.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

So it took Ron Winters 44 seconds to "explain" the Overtime rules...

And it took the Broncos 11 seconds to end the game.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

How is presumably playing the Patriots at home in the playoffs "the easiest road to the Super Bowl ever?" I mean, we did smack them around there before, but it's hardly a cakewalk.

If our window of opportunity wasn't closing so quickly, I'd be pulling for us to lose so we can finally dump Cam Cameron and hopefully Flacco as well.

That being said, Flacco is good enough to win if we call the right plays (which is yet to be seen with Cameron.)

Go Broncos
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Sanchez's playoff performances are far better than flaccos

True. But you have to realize sanchez had better receivers. Joe in his first 2 yrs was getting it done with an old derrick mason and a nobody in mark clayton. This is the first yr. he has had a solid receiving core. Joe is a better qb overall, sanchez looks as though he may have peaked as a qb. Even though Joe took a small step back this yr (due to playcalling) he still is showing progress.

Flacco has a year of more experience and this season a much better run game yet they look the same with so many incompletions. All I remember from Flacco is the one drive against Pittsburgh vs bad games against Jacksonville and Cleveland. The Jets vs Ravens game was terrible for both of them. They really haven separated themselves along with Ryan or Freeman

All the Baltimore haters will be dissapointed. For everything that you can say about Flacco, he's beaten NE in Foxboro, beaten Pittsburgh twice, and is the youngest QB to win the most postseason games. And you think he's going to be outplayed by at third stringer whose team has never played the playoffs in their EXISTENCE till last week? This is the Ravens not the Bengals. Think before you type cuz once you press enter you put it out there for all the world to see.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Dudes acting like Flaco is the key element in success *%#! outta here that bum has been holding them back not helping them.

*Posts Mark Sanchez playoff stats & success like they mean anything*

You are giving Flacco a little too much credit.
laugh.gif

Reminds me of Jets fans with Sanchez "winning 4 road post season games" like he was the reason.

Ravens win if Flacco doesn't screw up and Ray Rice carries the team on offense, not the other way around.

Damn, I'm glad you guys aren't GMs. There would be some awful teams out there with you guys running them. Some of you guys think you know #@% because you've been playing fantasy football for a minute. Lulz....

Flacco & Sanchez are good QBs. Both have had horrible/inconsistent protection all year. For the ratbirds, that o-line has been terrible. Someone the size of mckinnie should not be pushed around so consistently. blind side is still woefully inconsistent & they just got back grubbs.

As for the jets, Mangold needs to pay back some of that huge contract he got for this year & I don't know what happened to Brick. Not sure if not having an offseason was the problem but damn, SMH at the lack of consistency from what was supposed to be two stalwart lineman. Tannenbuam has a lot of work to do this off season.

No, Sanchez is not a good QB... I defended him up until this year. He used to bounce back very strong after bad games on a consistent basis. Hes regressed, his release has gotten worse, hes late on passes constantly.

This is a guy who's improved his ~54% completion from his first year to like 56% in his 3rd year. Hes inaccurate, his deep ball is no good and he obviously isn't taking the leadership role in that offense.

Hes pretty awful at this point.

Originally Posted by ccb21040

sanchez looks as though he may have peaked as a qb.
How can you say he peaked already, he just finished his 3rd year
laugh.gif

While I think his playoff wins overrate him as a QB, he technically had his best statistical season this year. I have my issues with Sanchez, and would love to bring someone else in to compete with him, but to say imply his best play is done for, I can't rock with.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

You are giving Flacco a little too much credit.
laugh.gif

Reminds me of Jets fans with Sanchez "winning 4 road post season games" like he was the reason.

Ravens win if Flacco doesn't screw up and Ray Rice carries the team on offense, not the other way around.

willing to take my proposition?

fraij da 5 11 wrote:
No, Sanchez is not a good QB... I defended him up until this year. He used to bounce back very strong after bad games on a consistent basis. Hes regressed, his release has gotten worse, hes late on passes constantly.

This is a guy who's improved his ~54% completion from his first year to like 56% in his 3rd year. Hes inaccurate, his deep ball is no good and he obviously isn't taking the leadership role in that offense.

You think Schotty helped him out much? You think that line did at least a satisfactory job of protecting him all season & helping establish the run game? You think he had WRs that you could count on consistently and that were on the same page with him all season? There's a lot to be said for team chemistry & it's come out that the Jets had none this season. That's ok, because I was super happy the day the Steelers picked up Cotchrey...I swear that Schotty was the one that leaked the Ryan feet vids. I bet they were talking about getting rid of him at that time & he leaked them. I bet that's why Ryan seems to be so fierce in defending him so more don't get leaked...

Originally Posted by psk2310

fraij da 5 11 wrote:

You think Schotty helped him out much? You think that line did at least a satisfactory job of protecting him all season & helping establish the run game? You think he had WRs that you could count on consistently and that were on the same page with him all season? There's a lot to be said for team chemistry & it's come out that the Jets had none this season. That's ok, because I was super happy the day the Steelers picked up Cotchrey...I swear that Schotty was the one that leaked the Ryan feet vids. I bet they were talking about getting rid of him at that time & he leaked them. I bet that's why Ryan seems to be so fierce in defending him so more don't get leaked...

Its all relative... Rodgers wouldn't be where he is now without McCarthy.  If Rodgers was in San Fran with all their coaching changes and issues then he'd be a different player.  So maybe it is Schotty's fault, I don't know... QB's can still be productive with an awful OL though, Check out Rodgers 2009 season, almost not a debate that the Packers OL was the worst in the league, he was sacked 3-4 times per game but still was efficient and productive.

You cant just place blame on Schotty though, are the reports of Sanchez pulling bankers hours true? Obviously they're rumors but it sounds like he doesn't really try hard to improve his game... Like I said, he was better last year and I'm not saying that because of the Jets record from last year to this year.  For whatever reason hes just gone backwards as a QB IMO.

I use Rodgers as examples because hes the guy I've seen the most... But I'm a New Yorker so I see Eli and Mark every week too.  Like I said I used to defend Sanchez and thought he could be a above average QB but at this point hes just not good.

Props to Andre Johnson finally getting past McGrady. 

Matty Checkdown. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I was dyin when I seen him throwin 3 yard underneaths with 2 minutes left on the clock down 3 touchdowns. 
roll.gif

McGahee 
30t6p3b.gif
  Come on bruh. 

Brees held to 10 points at half, Lions had to be feelin real good.  But then, see, what ha happen, yeah. 

Calvin tho 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dre and Jimmy scratch for the U, even though it don't really count. 

Please let me see a replay of Saints/Pack, and gimme Pats/Ravens in the second round, though I'd be ok with Pats/Texans, just would enjoy that much more with Schaub out there.  Yates does nothin for me.  Even if he wants to try and re-create Brady 01. 

Originally Posted by DT43

laugh.gif
i'm trying to tell em man, Ray and co. are on the hunt.. its about that black & purple right now. Cam Cameron knows he's getting canned if we don't get to the SB, i dare him to %%!% this up

!!!!
too add on ..

Ravens play like crap agaisnt crap teams .. thats why we have 4 losses

laugh.gif
at everyone thinking Flacco is the main key to the Ravens success. the Ravens are not constructed around the QB and never have been. 
in the '09 wildcard against NE, Flacco was only asked to throw 10 times for 34 yards.. know what the final score was? 33-14 Ravens... here's to hoping Kubiak is as dumb as NT and gameplans around stopping Flacco instead of Ray Rice. 

but depending on the gameplan, Flacco has the tools he can and has gotten it done (see: 91-yard GW drive against the Steelers). it's just a matter of what he's asked to do in that particular game, which thanks to Cam Cameron changes every single $@%*%#% game.. 
eyes.gif

Patriots will beat denver.
Ravens will beat Texans. dont forget Ravens are tough at home, they didnt lose one game at home all season.
Giants will beat the Packers.
SF will beat the saints..its going to be tough at our house.

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Ravens finally have some home playoff games though, very likely they make the Superbowl. Ray Rice is going to go off.

Care for a friendly wager? Arian foster total yardage for the game will be greater than Ray Rice's total yardage
LMK Mez, if he doesn't take my bet, anyone else care to?

Back
Top Bottom