Nigeria bans gay marriage, gay meetings -- Does so secretly

This guy is the type of person who uses a folded up 20 dollar bill as "proof" that 9/11 was an inside job. :lol:

This guy is the type of person who uses a folded up 20 dollar bill as "proof" that 9/11 was an inside job.
laugh.gif
That would be your side.  I am the one that bases things on logic and facts. 

Homosexuality is not natural and cannot be.

What people are seeking to do it normalize an unnatural paradigm.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...spread-in-animals-according-to-new-study.html

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx

http://www.yalescientific.org/2012/03/do-animals-exhibit-homosexuality/

Home
About
Get Involved
Subscriptions
Ads
Archive
Essay Contest
Contact
Breaktime Blogs
Do Animals Exhibit Homosexuality?
ARASH FEREYDOONI MARCH 14, 2012 11
Recent research has found that homosexual behavior in animals may be much more common than previously thought. Although Darwin’s theory of natural selection predicts an evolutionary disadvantage for animals that fail to pass along their traits through reproduction with the opposite sex, the validity of this part of his theory has been questioned with the discoveries of homosexual behavior in more than 10% of prevailing species throughout the world.

Human beings are not the only animals to exhibit homosexual behavior. Photo courtesy of the globalanimal.org.
Currently, homosexual behavior has been documented in over 450 different animal species worldwide. For instance, observations indicate that Humboldt, King, Gentoo, and Adélie penguins of the same sex engage in “mating rituals like entwining their necks and vocalizing to one another.” In addition, male giraffes have also been observed engaging in homosexual behavior by rubbing their necks against each others’ bodies while ignoring the females. Yet another example is lizards of the genus Teiidae, which can copulate with both male and female mates.

Biologists Nathan W. Bailey and Marlene Zuk from the University of California, Riverside have investigated the evolutionary consequences and implications of same-sex behavior, and their findings demonstrate benefits to what seems to be an evolutionary paradox. For example, their studies of the Laysan albatross show that female-female pairing can increase fitness by taking advantage of the excess of females and shortage of males in the population and provide superior care for offspring. Moreover, same-sex pairing in many species actually alleviates the likelihood of divorce and curtails the pressure on the opposite sex by allowing members to exhibit more flexibility to form partnerships, which in turn strengthens social bonds and reduces competition. Thus, not only do animals exhibit homosexuality, but the existence of this behavior is quite prevalent and may also confer certain evolutionary advantages.

Last edited:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...spread-in-animals-according-to-new-study.html

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx

http://www.yalescientific.org/2012/03/do-animals-exhibit-homosexuality/

Home
About
Get Involved
Subscriptions
Ads
Archive
Essay Contest
Contact
Breaktime Blogs
Do Animals Exhibit Homosexuality?
ARASH FEREYDOONI MARCH 14, 2012 11
Recent research has found that homosexual behavior in animals may be much more common than previously thought. Although Darwin’s theory of natural selection predicts an evolutionary disadvantage for animals that fail to pass along their traits through reproduction with the opposite sex, the validity of this part of his theory has been questioned with the discoveries of homosexual behavior in more than 10% of prevailing species throughout the world.

Human beings are not the only animals to exhibit homosexual behavior. Photo courtesy of the globalanimal.org.
Currently, homosexual behavior has been documented in over 450 different animal species worldwide. For instance, observations indicate that Humboldt, King, Gentoo, and Adélie penguins of the same sex engage in “mating rituals like entwining their necks and vocalizing to one another.” In addition, male giraffes have also been observed engaging in homosexual behavior by rubbing their necks against each others’ bodies while ignoring the females. Yet another example is lizards of the genus Teiidae, which can copulate with both male and female mates.

Biologists Nathan W. Bailey and Marlene Zuk from the University of California, Riverside have investigated the evolutionary consequences and implications of same-sex behavior, and their findings demonstrate benefits to what seems to be an evolutionary paradox. For example, their studies of the Laysan albatross show that female-female pairing can increase fitness by taking advantage of the excess of females and shortage of males in the population and provide superior care for offspring. Moreover, same-sex pairing in many species actually alleviates the likelihood of divorce and curtails the pressure on the opposite sex by allowing members to exhibit more flexibility to form partnerships, which in turn strengthens social bonds and reduces competition. Thus, not only do animals exhibit homosexuality, but the existence of this behavior is quite prevalent and may also confer certain evolutionary advantages.
Let me begin by challenging the use of the word “prevalence.” Homosexual behavior can be found among animals, but to suggest it is so common and widespread to be “prevalent” is quite a stretch.

Let’s examine this question from a few different angles. First, are we to presume that just because something exists it must be “normal”? Cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, muscular dystrophy — they all exist as part of the consequences of a fallen world. But we call them birth defects, not birth normalities, precisely because they represent devations from the norm. And what is that norm? The human being functioning according to God’s design.

Second, let’s consider the reasons for this behavior in animals: Animal homosexuality is observed most frequently in those that have yet to reach a mature state, and it’s manifest as playful, immature antics. But homosexual behavior can also be seen by animals attempting to prove their dominance. When one male mounts his male counterpart, it is an act of hierarchical aggression, not an expression of sexual lust or even sexual interest. For proof of this, just present a female in heat. The same-sex behavior is abandoned — quickly.

And lastly, this whole line of argument should be insulting to any human being. We are not animals. We are endowed with superior minds by the Creator of the universe, who (even more importantly) came to die for us, giving us inestimable value. To compare humans in any way to dogs or cats or cheetahs or zebras or orangutans or platypuses trivializes God’s design. So the next time you’re faced with this argument, you might think of resounding with, “I bet you’re glad your mom doesn’t believe the same way you do. In the animal world, some mothers eat their young.”

MIKE HALEY
101 Frequently Asked Questions About Homosexuality  (2004) Harvest House: Eugene, Oregon

EDIT: BOLDED AND UNDERLINED THE PORTION OF THIS PIECE WHICH REFLECTS MY POINT.  THE REST OF THIS WRITING REFLECTS THE AUTHORS VIEWS BUT NOT MY OWN.

Last edited:
That would be your side.  I am the one that bases things on logic and facts. 

You said society is the victim of homosexuality. I wouldn't say facts and logic are your strong points. I wouldn't put them on a cv under "strengths" if I was you.

Come to think of it, I don't remember you posting any "facts" in this thread. You mainly rely on your disgust. That's hardly a platform to be proud of.

You said society is the victim of homosexuality. I wouldn't say facts and logic are your strong points. I wouldn't put them on a cv under "strengths" if I was you.

Come to think of it, I don't remember you posting any "facts" in this thread. You mainly rely on your disgust. That's hardly a platform to be proud of.
I've posted scientific studies which support the way I view homosexuality.

A prominent Italian historian has claimed that the Roman Empire collapsed because a “contagion of homosexuality and effeminacy” made it easy pickings for barbarian hordes, sparking a furious row. Roberto De Mattei, 63, the deputy head of the country’s National Research Council, claimed that the empire was fatally weakened after conquering Carthage, which he described as “a paradise for homosexuals”. The remarks prompted angry calls for his resignation, with critics saying his comments were homophobic, offensive and unbecoming of his position. The fall of the Roman Empire was a result of “the effeminacy of a few in Carthage, a paradise for homosexuals, who infected the many. “The abhorrent presence of a few gays infected a good part of the (Roman) people,” Prof Mattei told Radio Maria, a Catholic radio station The Roman Republic achieved domination over Carthage, in present-day Tunisia, during the Punic Wars of the third and second centuries BC, during which Hannibal made his ultimately abortive crossing of the Alps with war elephants. After the third and final Punic War, Carthage fell into Roman hands, followed by most of the other dependencies of the Carthaginian Empire. Prof Mattei claimed that it was as the capital of Rome’s North African provinces that Cartagena became a hotbed of sexual perversion, gradually influencing Rome itself, which eventually fell to barbarian tribes in 410AD

Let me begin by challenging the use of the word “prevalence.” Homosexual behavior can be found among animals, but to suggest it is so common and widespread to be “prevalent” is quite a stretch.

Let’s examine this question from a few different angles. First, are we to presume that just because something exists it must be “normal”? Cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, muscular dystrophy — they all exist as part of the consequences of a fallen world. But we call them birth defects, not birth normalities, precisely because they represent devations from the norm. And what is that norm? The human being functioning according to God’s design.

Second, let’s consider the reasons for this behavior in animals: Animal homosexuality is observed most frequently in those that have yet to reach a mature state, and it’s manifest as playful, immature antics. But homosexual behavior can also be seen by animals attempting to prove their dominance. When one male mounts his male counterpart, it is an act of hierarchical aggression, not an expression of sexual lust or even sexual interest. For proof of this, just present a female in heat. The same-sex behavior is abandoned — quickly.

And lastly, this whole line of argument should be insulting to any human being. We are not animals. We are endowed with superior minds by the Creator of the universe, who (even more importantly) came to die for us, giving us inestimable value. To compare humans in any way to dogs or cats or cheetahs or zebras or orangutans or platypuses trivializes God’s design. So the next time you’re faced with this argument, you might think of resounding with, “I bet you’re glad your mom doesn’t believe the same way you do. In the animal world, some mothers eat their young.”

MIKE HALEY
101 Frequently Asked Questions About Homosexuality (2004) Harvest House: Eugene, Oregon

There it is. Textbook, indeed.

That has nothing to do with my position though.  This was copy and pasted.  You are simply picking one part out of an entire argument which is true regardless of god. 

dude, you posted something from someone who worked for Focus on the Family. :rofl:

There it is. Textbook, indeed.

Maybe I can sniff peoples butts as a way of introducing myself to people....hell that is what my dog does.  If it is good enough for him why isn't it good enough for me.

Now that I think about it, he randomly mounts and humps my female dog....can I do it too?  It is okay in animal kingdom....

what, race, religion nationality are you?

i'm sure you know where i'm going to go with this.
Caucasian, half Wasp / Jewish ethnicity, I don't identify with any religion.  I am American.

Last edited:
You should have proofread that first.

You done ****** up
laugh.gif
Not at all, copy and pasting another piece does not mean that my position lines up 100% with that person's position.  I put in bold the part that I was referring to in a reply. 

Back
Top Bottom