Nike “Zoom Freak” 1’s - Giannis Antetokounmpo’s first signature model

Gonna check out the Greek Freak’s in person later. Hope they still have the all bros colorway

Update: They did not have them

Last edited:
Got mine in...tried on my true size 14.

- 1:1 fit, no toe problems
- they are snug, fit is very similar to a Kobe
- can feel the heel zoom when I put my body weight on my heels (which...I never do)
- forefoot phylon is not bad at all, I can feel compression while walking normally
- materials aren't very nice, textile actually feels tacky to the touch. The Antetokounmbros CW would probably get filthy
- decent padding on the ankle and tongue, happy with that
- build quality is good for the price point

I'll try on the size 15 later, but I know I'll have no use for it. For those wearing casually or those who want more wiggle room, half size up should be fine. I think once the black CW releases, nobody should have any trouble trying these on at a store.

Couple of pre-heat cw from debut signature shoes the last few years

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_ef4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ef4.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 31
  • fullsizeoutput_ef5.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ef5.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 26
  • fullsizeoutput_ef6.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ef6.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 35
Played Half in these outdoors. Ran about 6 or 7 games. They feel decent on foot. But it definitely feels like a work in progress shoe. It just doesn't feel like one complete unit - feels like the back of the shoe is back there and the front of the shoe is up there, but the middle is missing.

The positives are that the shoe is light, fits well and I only had to relace once about mid-way through the games. I was able to run, jump, stop, cut, and be as quick as I wanted to be. Ran down loose balls on the opposite side of the court with ease. I forgot about them for a while because they are light and not bulky, and I was playing really well in them. Backdoor cut my guy a bunch of times and was able to elevate pretty good on jump shots, and got a ton of hang time with them.

The downsides of that is that cushion isn't great with these. It's unsurprising really, the shoe isn't padded very well. I felt it while I was playing, and I feel it now, afterwards.

Also weirdly enough, these things don't breathe well at all. My feet felt hot most of the time, and I haven't had that happen hooping outdoors in a while.

So if you ball in these, do it indoors. The indoor gyms I play in are slightly cool, and obviously gym floor is better than outdoor court surface, so these should do very well indoors. Because of the real lack of cushioning I may return em, but I feel like I should run Full indoors first and see how they feel there before I do. But that's even more pounding with little cushion, so I may bring some backups.

If you're actually going to play in these, this is definitely a budget shoe, don't think it's not. We'll see how my legs feel tomorrow,. And then we'll see how they do indoors running full.

My boss/homeboy came over to grab something and brought his nephew with him , who was trying to have his uncle buy him some Jordan’s. He was telling the kid Js are dead and to come look at my collection and you’ll see there’s way more than Jordan’s. Haven’t pulled a lot of stuff like this out for a while. The kid loved it,Anyways I think I convinced him to get the black freak 1s to be “different” ,saving my boy about 100 lol

Back
Top Bottom