Nike 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” Campaign.

So how is he sacrificing everything with a multimillion dollar contract? He knows nothing about the Hood, and is embarrassed that he was raised by 2 white parents in a white middle-class town, because his real parents bailed on him.... what a joke both he and Nike are .... :lol::rofl: Oh well, when Nike makes those Police Pig socks i will be sure to pick up a pair :pimp:

Why does everyone keep thinking Nike made those socks!? Because a Nike athlete wore them?

40s & Shorties made them. You can still find them online if you really want them.

Nobody is trying to ignore the “message”. The way he protested could of been done better to not make his agenda less hostile is all I’m saying.
Says one thing in one sentence; contradicts himself in the following sentence.

You damn well know there are many people who would want nothing more than the "disrespect for the troops" narrative to stick to avoid addressing "the message."

You sound like one of those Black cats who were against MLK marches, talking about "he could have kept writing his letters to newspapers. I don't condone how he keeps blocking bridges to be heard; I can't get to work."

The definitive difference between those who stand on either side of the debate (the fence being included in the side that rails against Kap's method) is empathy. People who oppose what he is doing always frame their arguments around themselves (my football, my military, my commute, my peace of mind). They would rather not want to have to deal with the ugliness of the police system in this country and the fact that justice itself is only attainable if they are rich, if they can claim membership to the majority demographic, or/and if they are somehow connected to the agents of the justice system (from cops to judges). They would rather not deal with the reality that the Constitution itself still offers a loophole for the existence and exercise of slavery in the 21th century.

And so, they deflect.

All. The. Time.

Those who stand with Kap understand how this country is failing to live up to its ideals, and they want to make it better. Not necessarily because they might benefit from it, but because it is the right thing to do. Because they can empathize.

Says one thing in one sentence; contradicts himself in the following sentence.

You damn well know there are many people who would want nothing more than the "disrespect for the troops" narrative to stick to avoid addressing "the message."

You sound like one of those Black cats who were against MLK marches, talking about "he could have kept writing his letters to newspapers. I don't condone how he keeps blocking bridges to be heard; I can't get to work."

The definitive difference between those who stand on either side of the debate (the fence being included in the side that rails against Kap's method) is empathy. People who oppose what he is doing always frame their arguments around themselves (my football, my military, my commute, my peace of mind). They would rather not want to have to deal with the ugliness of the police system in this country and the fact that justice itself is only attainable if they are rich, if they can claim membership to the majority demographic, or/and if they are somehow connected to the agents of the justice system (from cops to judges). They would rather not deal with the reality that the Constitution itself still offers a loophole for the existence and exercise of slavery in the 21th century.

And so, they deflect.

All. The. Time.

Those who stand with Kap understand how this country is failing to live up to its ideals, and they want to make it better. Not necessarily because they might benefit from it, but because it is the right thing to do. Because they can empathize.

How did I contradict myself I clearly explained by that statement later on. One more time, I say that his message could have been more well received if he had protested in another way. People get up in arms in this country when anything is done to the american flag, thats just the truth. Had he marched onto washington or organized a league wide strike or something, maybe that message would have spread further.

Go back and read my first post in here, I clearly said I don't agree with what he was protesting, but respected the hell out of him for actually doing what he believed in. Im not to proud to admit, that I at first thought we were solely talking about cops just willy nilly killing blacks in the streets which is just not try. However, I do agree with his protest on how some policies and policing seem to focus and exploit poor and colored people. That is what I do agree with. I just felt it would have been more widespread message if he had gone a different route. Because the narrative turned into he hates the troops and america... thats all. Their is ugliness to the judicial system that needs reworked, but I don't think their are a whole bunch of old white dudes secretly scheming everyday to keep black people down, do you?

What did I say to make you think I didn't like MLK. I'm more a Malcolm X guy myself, but MLK was a God fearing man, who stood for truth and Justice. I'd never speak ill will on what he did, what he did was needed at that time, and I respect the hell out of him. Was honeslty one of the last great black male role models of the last 100 years.

It's 2018, anybody especially in America can achieve anything you just have to be accountable for your actions and what you do. You decide your fate nobody else does, forget that poor be victim mentality. Never let a man hold you back and say you can't achieve its there go and get it. I enjoy having opening civil discussion, and if anything is wrong try and change my mind, always open.

How did I contradict myself I clearly explained by that statement later on. One more time, I say that his message could have been more well received if he had protested in another way. People get up in arms in this country when anything is done to the american flag, thats just the truth. Had he marched onto washington or organized a league wide strike or something, maybe that message would have spread further.

Go back and read my first post in here, I clearly said I don't agree with what he was protesting, but respected the hell out of him for actually doing what he believed in. Im not to proud to admit, that I at first thought we were solely talking about cops just willy nilly killing blacks in the streets which is just not try. However, I do agree with his protest on how some policies and policing seem to focus and exploit poor and colored people. That is what I do agree with. I just felt it would have been more widespread message if he had gone a different route. Because the narrative turned into he hates the troops and america... thats all. Their is ugliness to the judicial system that needs reworked, but I don't think their are a whole bunch of old white dudes secretly scheming everyday to keep black people down, do you?

What did I say to make you think I didn't like MLK. I'm more a Malcolm X guy myself, but MLK was a God fearing man, who stood for truth and Justice. I'd never speak ill will on what he did, what he did was needed at that time, and I respect the hell out of him. Was honeslty one of the last great black male role models of the last 100 years.

It's 2018, anybody especially in America can achieve anything you just have to be accountable for your actions and what you do. You decide your fate nobody else does, forget that poor be victim mentality. Never let a man hold you back and say you can't achieve its there go and get it. I enjoy having opening civil discussion, and if anything is wrong try and change my mind, always open.
So much smh here.

1. Any other way would have been swept under the rug. And let's be real, there wasn't going to be a league wide strike bc not enough people were willing to lose their career over it. Colin was.

2. MLK, who died 50 years ago, is only of the last great black role models? I'm white af and I've admired many black men during my lifetime.

3. Yes, anyone can achieve anything but it sure helps to score if you're born on 3rd base. I had this conversation with a very conservative white friend of mine recently. We live in Jax, FL. We both live in the better part of town. I asked him if he'd send his kid to school on the west side, which is a very poor area of town and mostly black. Of course his answer was no. Why is that? If everyone can achieve anything, why would he not want his kid going to school in a D graded school rather than our A graded school? See, where someone comes from DOES affect what they can do. Sure, there's going to be outliers. There's going to be the guy from the gutter that makes it. There's going to be that rich kid that wastes his advantages. On average though, people from affluent backgrounds are going to be more successful than people from poverty. That's just the way it is. It's a fact. You can hold onto this "Don't let anyone hold you back!!!" crap but the truth is many kids never have a chance from birth.

So much smh here.

1. Any other way would have been swept under the rug. And let's be real, there wasn't going to be a league wide strike bc not enough people were willing to lose their career over it. Colin was.

2. MLK, who died 50 years ago, is only of the last great black role models? I'm white af and I've admired many black men during my lifetime.

3. Yes, anyone can achieve anything but it sure helps to score if you're born on 3rd base. I had this conversation with a very conservative white friend of mine recently. We live in Jax, FL. We both live in the better part of town. I asked him if he'd send his kid to school on the west side, which is a very poor area of town and mostly black. Of course his answer was no. Why is that? If everyone can achieve anything, why would he not want his kid going to school in a D graded school rather than our A graded school? See, where someone comes from DOES affect what they can do. Sure, there's going to be outliers. There's going to be the guy from the gutter that makes it. There's going to be that rich kid that wastes his advantages. On average though, people from affluent backgrounds are going to be more successful than people from poverty. That's just the way it is. It's a fact. You can hold onto this "Don't let anyone hold you back!!!" crap but the truth is many kids never have a chance from birth.

1. If it worked for MLK, Malcom X, Fred Hamptons and others why would not marching work now? Hell BLM, and antifa still protest and they get their message across. What makes you think famous athletes protesting wouldn't get attention.

2.Bruh I live in black communities, was raised by and around black people, black culture raised me... I am black culture and you would never know I had these beliefs bc their would be no way in hell you'd think it was me. When I'm telling you young black kids don't have positive male role models growing up is because we don't. From birth we have rappers and ball players paraded around us as our role models, and thats by people within our community. We're frowned upon to be like MLK and to be more like Young Thug. Black people as whole need to start recognizing and support who our real role models and leaders are, not this clowns playing dress up.

3. I'm just not buying this many kids never have a chance. So kids may have a tighter rope to walk, but to say they got no chance means theirs no hope. Why not just spare them from the displeasure of life when they are born, and end them? In AMERICA you can achieve a great living condition for yourself here. There's no greater proof than Obama becoming the 44th president.

1. If it worked for MLK, Malcom X, Fred Hamptons and others why would not marching work now? Hell BLM, and antifa still protest and they get their message across. What makes you think famous athletes protesting wouldn't get attention.

2.Bruh I live in black communities, was raised by and around black people, black culture raised me... I am black culture and you would never know I had these beliefs bc their would be no way in hell you'd think it was me. When I'm telling you young black kids don't have positive male role models growing up is because we don't. From birth we have rappers and ball players paraded around us as our role models, and thats by people within our community. We're frowned upon to be like MLK and to be more like Young Thug. Black people as whole need to start recognizing and support who our real role models and leaders are, not this clowns playing dress up.

3. I'm just not buying this many kids never have a chance. So kids may have a tighter rope to walk, but to say they got no chance means theirs no hope. Why not just spare them from the displeasure of life when they are born, and end them? In AMERICA you can achieve a great living condition for yourself here. There's no greater proof than Obama becoming the 44th president.
1. BLM marches get next to no publicity. White America can ignore them so they do. Colin put his **** right in the middle of their Sunday afternoon and they couldn't ignore it. That's why it got so much coverage.

2. Saying you were told to look up to ballplayers is different than saying there's just not great black male role models.

3. You're so delusional man. You're blinded by the outliers instead of looking at the overall. If you live in a good part of town, are you busing your kid over to the poor area for school? Yes or no?

1. BLM marches get next to no publicity. White America can ignore them so they do. Colin put his **** right in the middle of their Sunday afternoon and they couldn't ignore it. That's why it got so much coverage.

2. Saying you were told to look up to ballplayers is different than saying there's just not great black male role models.

3. You're so delusional man. You're blinded by the outliers instead of looking at the overall. If you live in a good part of town, are you busing your kid over to the poor area for school? Yes or no?

1. Must be regional, cause I hear them on the news all the time protesting in my area.

2. Yea you right. More so the good role models of today are never talked about, even within school it sucks fr.

3. Willing to admit I may be blinded due to my own situation and the people becoming succesful around me, may have to take step back. For sure going to bus my kid to the good schools, don't want any bad influences.

For sure going to bus my kid to the good schools, don't want any bad influences.

If anything is possible, it would be possible for your child to succeed, even among bad influences.

How likely is it?

Not very, and you know it.

Intuitively you get probability, likelihood, and chance. In other words, statistics. And yet, you said earlier in this thread that statistics were meaningless.

That is how you are contradicting yourself.

be careful, "good schools" have bad influences too.

i remember leaving a decent private school after soph year and going to a publich HS. all da teachers were like be careful, that place is a zoo.

i got to my new high school and came to da discovery: man private school def worse. kids can afford more expensive drugs lmao

If anything is possible, it would be possible for your child to succeed, even among bad influences.

How likely is it?

Not very, and you know it.

Intuitively you get probability, likelihood, and chance. In other words, statistics. And yet, you said earlier in this thread that statistics were meaningless.

That is how you are contradicting yourself.

You raise good morale kids, that grow up to be productive law abiding citizens. Is it harder yea, impossible no. I've never said statistics were meaningless. My argument was based from statistics, why would i discredit them?

I don't see how you can be upset about someone peacefully protesting, donating money to good causes, and trying to make a positive impact on society.

if you overlook all of that and focus on the fact that he wore some pig socks (which was a bad idea and I would think he regrets it) and knelt during the national anthem then I don't know what to say. I swear some of you would rather be blind to the realities of the world than work to help those that are pointing out that some things in this world just aren't right.

I've never said statistics were meaningless. My argument was based from statistics, why would i discredit them?

You implied it.

I have a serious question, where do we go from here? You brought up stats that proved your side, and I brought up stats that proved my side, there truly seems like there are stats to prove every and any point.
The washington post says otherwise. We can bring up stats till we are blue in the face doesn't seem like we are going to have any meaningful dialogue

Also,

You raise good morale kids, that grow up to be productive law abiding citizens. Is it harder yea, impossible no.

Are you saying that a kid raised on the straight and narrow, who avoids the neighborhood gangs will never fall victim to a stray bullet? To random jumpings? After all, isn't he/she in control of their fate ?

How about all those people who will die of asbestos-related diseases for being in Manhattan on 9/11, were they in control of their fate that day?

How about those people who get illegal stuff planted on them by LEOs, are they in control of their fate?

You implied it.

Also,

Are you saying that a kid raised on the straight and narrow, who avoids the neighborhood gangs will never fall victim to a stray bullet? To random jumpings? After all, isn't he/she in control of their fate ?

How about all those people who will die of asbestos-related diseases for being in Manhattan on 9/11, were they in control of their fate that day?

How about those people who get illegal stuff planted on them by LEOs, are they in control of their fate?

1.Ehhh your reaching their chief. I was simply stating we could both bring up stats to prove our point, which I know we could find, however it wasn't going to get us anywhere so I attempted to end the dialogue.

2. Thats sort of a straw man's argument isn't it! Yes individuals are in control of their own fate, but what your referring to are abnormalities. Those are freak occurrences, that in regards to the rest of us rarely if ever happen to us. Could they happen yes, but it is very unlikely that they do.

be careful, "good schools" have bad influences too.

i remember leaving a decent private school after soph year and going to a publich HS. all da teachers were like be careful, that place is a zoo.

i got to my new high school and came to da discovery: man private school def worse. kids can afford more expensive drugs lmao

I was just about to say this too :lol: So many kids got arrested/expelled for selling hard drugs at my private high school. Meanwhile the kids at my local "hood" high school were mostly selling stolen cigs, alcohol, etc :lol:

I also went to a "good" university where many of those rich kids end up going to. Damn... bike theft, breaking and entering, and arrests for public intoxication/fighting were rampant

I was just about to say this too :lol: So many kids got arrested/expelled for selling hard drugs at my private high school. Meanwhile the kids at my local "hood" high school were mostly selling stolen cigs, alcohol, etc :lol:

I also went to a "good" university where many of those rich kids end up going to. Damn... bike theft, breaking and entering, and arrests for public intoxication/fighting were rampant
i went to an excellent university for my grad school. all they focused on was alerts for crimes commited by "male blacks in hoodies (pre-Trayvon)". but for some reason they never reported crimes such as on campus sexual assault.

i went to an excellent university for my grad school. all they focused on was alerts for crimes commited by "male blacks in hoodies (pre-Trayvon)". but for some reason they never reported crimes such as on campus sexual assault.

Yup, the rich frat boys were always in trouble for date rape, racist parties, hate crimes against minorities, etc. "Good influences" G.T.F.O.H. that's just a code word for white. This TylerDurdenLives TylerDurdenLives dude has to be another one of the white dudes on here that pretend to be black on the internet

Yup, the rich frat boys were always in trouble for date rape, racist parties, hate crimes against minorities, etc. "Good influences" G.T.F.O.H. that's just a code word for white. This TylerDurdenLives TylerDurdenLives dude has to be another one of the white dudes on here that pretend to be black on the internet

Why would i pretend to be something im not lol wtf. I didn't even bring up the idea of "good schools" someone else did and asked what I preferred. If your going to chime in at least know what your talking about.

Back
Top Bottom