Nike Air 180 OG

Seeing as the rest of the collection is women's only, these likely will be too.

AMBUSH X NIKE AIR MAX 180

ambush180.jpg

I think I'm gonna have to cop these. My only concerns at the moment are:

1. how will it actually look with regular jeans
2. how it appears in motion. By this i mean it might just look great in promo shots when your foot is posed in a particular way. My mind goes straight to the Adidas NMD CS1 - looks great as a silouhette. But no matter how many times I've bought one thinking it'll look good it just doesn't. My flat feet don't help but just the way the material flexes and folds makes the whole thing look off.

Still - let's see what Jan 2019 brings. Hopefully people who can paint around the air unit better than the 180 OG people did!

That’s why I haven’t bought any of these retros.

This Air Max 180 is the ultimate troll by Nike. Every other retro has been decently correct build wise. 1, 90, 95, Plus, etc. all are relatively a good retro of the original. They are at least a decent representation of the original. Except the 180. It has the biggest departure from its former self. Look at all these color ways, IDs that people have made, and even recent purchases. All that money is in Nike’s back pocket. All from a retro that is half baked. Ridiculous.

Looks like this could be the Ambush x Nike collab? I actually kinda like em lol

This is what i was worried about - material selection. Seeing this pic I think I'm now out. I just don't see how that material will flex and sit nicely in all but a static set position like in the promo shots.

I would have thought a neoprene esque material would have been more in keeping with the 180 and the 90s material choice. (I think I have used the word material too many times!)

Back
Top Bottom