Nike Air 180 OG

Just for fun, a theoretical comparison between 2018 en 2024 versions.
1000091495.jpg

I thought SeanGo had colour graded/contrasted his video so high the blue/purple (can't remember correct colour right now) was appearing wrong.

I have the 2018s and assumed they were colour accurate. But this "theoretical" comparison shows that is really purple-ey vs a really blue-ey for the 2024.

They got me with that OG box. Although I have to pray that the paint job isn't as awful as the 2018 (which was so, so bad!).

2018s sat. Am97s this year went in sales. So I hope the younger generation aren't feeling these and they also go on discount (for the double up cop).

I thought SeanGo had colour graded/contrasted his video so high the blue/purple (can't remember correct colour right now) was appearing wrong.

I have the 2018s and assumed they were colour accurate. But this "theoretical" comparison shows that is really purple-ey vs a really blue-ey for the 2024.

They got me with that OG box. Although I have to pray that the paint job isn't as awful as the 2018 (which was so, so bad!).

2018s sat. Am97s this year went in sales. So I hope the younger generation aren't feeling these and they also go on discount (for the double up cop).
Honestly, he has so many shoes, but really doesn’t know too much about sneakers and his on foots are trash with his high water pants

Honestly, he has so many shoes, but really doesn’t know too much about sneakers and his on foots are trash with his high water pants
Haha. We used to call them ankle swingers back in the day. As someone with those at school, I was sufficiently roasted enough to never ever have a pair of trousers (pants in the US?) that didn't reach my footwear!

I actually don't like his reviews as they don't offer anything of great depth or insight beyond the visual description of the shoe. That said, he has the best beauty shots of all of the shoe tubers.

Anyway, I digress, back to OG colourway vs 2024 vs 2018...

jln912 jln912 thanks mane! Those are some Nike IDs I made back in 2013.

perfectchaosrei perfectchaosrei yeah mane he used to post all the time in Pickups & WDYWT theads back in the mid 2010's.. Now he big time on YT and IG yahmean with his early release vids..

niketock88 niketock88 mane... That mane knows too much about sneakers lolol I learned the word U-Throat watching one of his vids.

Glad to see some movement in this thread.. :nthat:

That was an original feature, I will have my pair Tuesday and I will explain.
Cool! Looking forward to that.

The fact that it had a flap is well known, however, I can not remember it being as rock solid and hard as Sean describes it. If anything I can remember it to be soft and squishy just like the air unit behind it. Would be great if you can look into it!

Cool! Looking forward to that.

The fact that it had a flap is well known, however, I can not remember it being as rock solid and hard as Sean describes it. If anything I can remember it to be soft and squishy just like the air unit behind it. Would be great if you can look into it!
I remember the window being hard and not press-able, but that was in 1998 7 years after the release. it was a hard see through rubber same rubber as the see through sole.

Strange isn't it, that they can't get that blue right? Seems to me that's the easy part. I think the smaller sizes will eventually go on sale.

If the comfort of these is similar to the AM1 BB red I'll be happy. Don't understand why Nike just doesn't use better or more modern foam or use lower PSI so these can have some squish without having to be 250lbs. I can't imagine it's from cost. Maybe the closed cell PU that's now used/available is what affects the comfort....but why not just use modern foams. Even those of us who want OG specs would be fine with new foams if the look is the same; closed cell PU isn't OG so no need to stick with that if it's too firm.

If these are bricks on feet I may pass. I don't need full on React or ZoomX foam comfort, but I need to fell something.

If the comfort of these is similar to the AM1 BB red I'll be happy. Don't understand why Nike just doesn't use better or more modern foam or use lower PSI so these can have some squish without having to be 250lbs. I can't imagine it's from cost. Maybe the closed cell PU that's now used/available is what affects the comfort....but why not just use modern foams. Even those of us who want OG specs would be fine with new foams if the look is the same; closed cell PU isn't OG so no need to stick with that if it's too firm.

If these are bricks on feet I may pass. I don't need full on React or ZoomX foam comfort, but I need to fell something.
To be honest, I really don't care how they feel on feet, could be AJ4's on my part, I would still rock 'em!! Then again, I think you have truth in your words about the foam and the comfort. I hear what you say!

Back
Top Bottom